RMM
Years ago

Reply to Banner situation.

Hey guys, got in contact with Paul Bauer today. It appears that there was a mix up on saturday night and due to an incorrect heat of the moment decision, there was an apology. He said that these are the type of fans that the club needs to bring the club back to where it wants to be. We have been offered a few tickets and have been told future banners have been allowed... This i believe is assuring they are in a place that doesnt block anyones view of anything.

I was pleased with the response and the way it was handled... looking forward to having the banner back up agaisnt our sydney game in a few weeks and any other banners the crowd choose to bring. Lets hop that the new signing and a bit of crowd support can get the sixers into a better postiton at the end of the season... COME ON SIXERS FANS LETS MAKE SOME NOISE!!!

Topic #13875 | Report this topic

David Banner  
Years ago

Super. Now I can sleep. Did you need to start a third thread, two was not enough?

Reply #162183 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

We'll definitely be looking for banner suggestions for the remaining home games this season. Singapore game this week is a possibility, then Sydney game we'll hang the Goorjian banner again.

After that, we've got Perth, Melbourne, Brisbane and Cairns coming to visit the Dome.

If anyone has any good ideas, we'll certainly take them on board and consider them for our banners.

Thanks

Kev.

Reply #162190 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

how about "we wanna be like the seals"

Reply #162201 | Report this post

Julius #6  
Years ago

Banner idea "Sack Phil"

Reply #162202 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

"we wanna be like the seals" yeah cos the seals were the first people to ever do a banner....not

Reply #162207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Top work RMM & Kev.

Major props also to Potsie. You're legends.

Common sense has prevailed. : ) : ) : )

Reply #162216 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

ahhh my official "save the banner" petition has worked.

now..im off to save the whales :)

Reply #162220 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Me, Is that a new NBL team trying to get a license?

Reply #162254 | Report this post

me too  
Years ago

Make a banner about saving whales

Reply #162264 | Report this post

moe  
Years ago

YAWN!!!!!! I'm glad your banner issue was resolved, but jeez, do you need to keep posting new threads about it. It's getting boring.

Reply #162280 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Well done, but perhaps you could have rung Potsie earlier??

Reply #162303 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Well done RMM.

No need for you to ring either, you had sent the email it was the clubs responsibility to respond appropriatly.

as for having the threads about it, im very supportive of your efforts and your threads, this goes much deeper than just a one off incident its important for the club and people at large to acknowledge what the fans want and (when within reason) are entitled to.

Congrats on fighting the good fight.

Reply #162368 | Report this post

David Banner  
Years ago

Yeh, that is a hoosier story. My god. Could you please give it a rest. Postie is not the Evil Empire.

Reply #162389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FWIW Dave & others, Potsie wasn't the bloke that I gave an earful to the other day, & not the one with the final say. Paul was nearby, & it looks like he went to bat for us. Top stuff.

Reply #162394 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

#162394 is obviously DDFan. "Went to bat for us"??? Since when were you involved with the banner that RMM and I made?

Reply #162407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FFS, I wasn't, Happy now?

Reply #162410 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Why aren't you posting under the DDFan tag now?

Reply #162411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NFI, I'm as confused as anyone. Isaac's had a few plays at me lately, & it goes something like:
1 .. I couldn't even read the forum. Locked out completely.
2 .. Allowed to log in & post, only to have them disappear. iZac explained later that they'd appear if they passed his scrutiny.
3 .. Currently am able to log in, but posts come through as by Anonymous.
Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Reply #162412 | Report this post

MS  
Years ago

Maybe you should just take the hint then?

Reply #162421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And why are you reading this then MS?
Best wishes
DDFan

Reply #162433 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Bless you MS. I'm DDFan again. : )
Thanks mate.

Reply #162441 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

For future reference: put "DDFan" in the Name box on the reply form, just like you put your message in the Message box. That's how it works for everyone.

Reply #162454 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Testing, testing.

Reply #162465 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Isaac?

Reply #162466 | Report this post

Placebo  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eh0rAUwZSQ

a song for DDfan

Reply #162471 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Placebo, I'm on Linux & without sound 'til brought up to speed, but thanks for that.
May I suggest you stick to 'ball & go for the bucket, Placenta? ; )
I'm a tradie & I love tools. You rule. : )

Reply #162562 | Report this post

Placebo  
Years ago

Mate you have lost me. Is that suppose to be funny.

Reply #162599 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:45 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754