Anonymous
Years ago

Last Time the Boomers were in Adelaide

When the hell are we going to get an international game!? Adelaide consistently gets the best crowds and where do play international games, Sydney, the black hole of basketball in this country. It pisses me off the BA don't reward strong fan support and that they blindly elect to play Boomers game in the biggest cities! If they had any brain they'd play game which aren't largely populated but cities which are largely populated with BASKETBALL FANS. Anyone actually know when it was the last the boomers played in Adelaide?

Topic #13972 | Report this topic

billups 1  
Years ago

10 years ago or more?

Reply #163520 | Report this post

glow worm  
Years ago

think when andrew gaze was a boy - or was it when lindsay was a lad - that long ago that seems like last century

Reply #163526 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I dont know but i do remember Cat go tossed for punching a canadian in the head!

Reply #163527 | Report this post

glow worm  
Years ago

on seconds thoughts dont they could every year disguised as kings -

Reply #163528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On seconds thoughts, couldn't you make at least a tiny bit of sense?

Reply #163532 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

I have a feeling that Canada was the last international side to play the Boomers in Adelaide. A long time ago now.

Reply #163533 | Report this post

PPDO  
Years ago

Yeh i was there too. Remember the screen Longley done on their point guard, put 10 metre's on his backside. One of the best screens ever.

Reply #163547 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

They play once or twice every year in purple and yellow....but they changed their name to the Sydney Kings

Reply #163557 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Dr BS

I think that's what glowworm was trying to say in a non english sort of way.....

Reply #163566 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Was that (the Canada game) in 1997 - after the game the Boomers came to the Planet (RIP) and i can remember asking Andrew Gaze if i could shake his hand (i was in a drunken state) and aforementioned player giving a funny look to Shane (you know which one) and telling him he was a National tresure as i shook hands with him (which i totally meant)... If that was the last time the Boomers played in Adelaide (i'm eating Minke Whale in Japan (and not caring) now) - that is just sad... Awesome night but - chatting to Melmeth about how much of a choad Rick Majerus was, was a highlight... Melmeth at the time was a decent bloke i have to say (now tho. i don't know)...

Reply #163619 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

I saw Gennady Touretski coach USSR(!) at APOLLO!!!

Reply #163623 | Report this post

Jkidd#5  
Years ago

I remember that I saw Australia and Russia play in a Pre- Olympic game at the Dome, so that was ethier 2000 or 1999

Reply #163627 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Aust played Canada at the Dome late in 1999.

Reply #163818 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:00 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754