RMM
Years ago

Last Nights Crowd!

What a Game and What a crowd - 5787 a record number for the season. And didnt everyone get into it! What a game to get fired up for. Hopefully the extra crowd numbers were impressed by what they saw and will be back for more this week. I know that a few extras that came with us are definately up for it!!!

Brings back the days of the Powerhouse at its best!

Also Hodge is Fantastic. Just what the team needs, takes the ball to the Bucket, draws fouls, hustles hard and gets the crowd fired up! Apart from the 7 turnovers i thought he had a brilliant game and look forward to Wednesday night. Hopefully he enjoyed his first game here!!

DDFan whats your opinion on the Banner this time round? No im not starting 3 threads for it so no need to roll your eyes back!

COME ON U SIXERS!

Topic #14194 | Report this topic

EC  
Years ago

Hemmerling said it was the biggest crowd in 3 years. I brought someone new to the game and she thoroughly enjoyed it and said would come again. It was a fantastic game for someone new to experience for the first time. It was advertising at its best. Hodge was impressive last night and it was obvious he was feeding off the excitement from the crowd. He came upstairs after the game and talk about a grin from ear to ear. He loved it. He was very excited about the reception he received from the Adelaide crowd and did all he needed to acknowledge that. I hope this is something that we can expect from now on. I especially hope this Wednesday's game against Perth will be equally as exciting as I have 7 new people coming to that one and would be good if they enjoyed enough to come back. Not everyone is as passionate about basketball as the people who regularly attend games and post on this forum, but I doubt anyone can deny the fact that entertainment wise, last night was really value for money. Many people don't know what they are missing because they don't take the opportunity to find out and learn more about the game. If they did, the 36ers would be playing to a packed house every game.

Reply #166482 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Last night was special, that's for sure. Whta was it that sparked an extra 1,000 fans to come along? Surely a new import couldn't be the stand alone season. Hodge was an excitement machine and had 3 dunks. He's a Farley like showman without the off court problems. I love a showman and I could see his pearly whites from row Q. Was also pumping up the fans by lifting his arms up and down. It felt like a the Powerhouse of old. It looked even fuller that 5,700 and sounded like 20,000. Good job on bringing new people to games, EC. Like you said, if everyone knew how good entertainment the Sixers can be then it would be packed every week. You don't have to be a big fan by any means to enjoy a night out like that. I loved the "SIT DOWN GOORGIAN BANNER". We need more of that kind of thing. Keep em coming RMM. Unfortunately I'll be interstate for the next game so I'll have to make do with watching on channel 9 on Wednesday. The Sixers should make a new add which includes some Hodge dunks. Exitement is whats going to get new fans through the gate. If word get out I think Hodge could really put some more bums in seats.

Reply #166488 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I mean: watching it on channel nine on "sunday".

Reply #166489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Our crowd last night was 2,200 MORE that the Tigers stadium can hold! It was also more than West Sydney's, Perths, Townsville's, Cairns and New Zealands can hold.

Reply #166495 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Posted by RMM:
"DDFan whats your opinion on the Banner this time round?"

I obviously am not getting my message across. It appears your cohort Kev has distorted your slant on what I'm about My bad by, I thought (I)you(/I) knew that we (you & I) are on the same page.
I'll wipe the slate clean & have another go.
As I saw it, you & Kev went to a lot trouble & expense in pegging up a non-offensive, no spectator view intrusive banner, only to have it withdrawn by a narrow-minded management decision on the night. Just quietly (though I thought it obvious), I supported your cause & as I do, brought the absurdity of the situation to the bloke responsible. I was not happy with his response & gave him a serve of my disgust (as I'm prone to do) in not listening to reason, in banning the fans' attempt to add atmosphere to the game night.
Long story short, Potsie was in ear-shot & I got the impression that he supported what you did. I posted this before, but the person responsibility for the stadium, said point blank, that you would not get an email reply. I passed that onto you that it was a disappointingly dead issue, but Potsie followed up your (you & Kev's) cause & as you now know, there was/has been, a positive outcome.

COME ON U SIXERS!

Reply #166501 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They weren't going to get a reply from the venue (Dan) but from the 36ers (Potsie), that might've been the discrepancy.

Reply #166503 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

That extra thousand crowd would equate to maybe $20-25,000 . Cover some contract expenses , surely .
This should show the way forward for the club .
Am i way off base ?

Reply #166510 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Interesting how that on "bring a friend for free" night, we couldn't draw the crowd that the excitement of a match against Sydney, with a new import, provided for the Adelaide crowd.

Looking forward to the rest of the season now.

Ballinger for MVP.

Reply #166514 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Definetely was the best crowd of the season in terms of loudness and getting into the game. I think the Melbourne derby produced a bigger crowd though.

Reply #166539 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Was by far the best game of the year Last night, even if the crowd numbers dont continue the crowd response needs to stay the same, you could see the team lift when they needed to as the crowd got behind them.
Also a FANTASTIC reception for Julius Hodge, would have really made him feel welcome and he looked like he wanted to impress.

Great win!!

Reply #166547 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Posted by Isaac:
"They weren't going to get a reply from the venue (Dan) but from the 36ers (Potsie), that might've been the discrepancy."
Potsie was right there when it all blew up, & he never took me aside, or mentioned anything about any message going out.
Potsie definitely pushed for the banners. After hearing the good news here, I thanked the Stadium Manager for the turn around, & he mentioned that he & Potsie had talked it over.
"Everything's cruisy", were his words.

Great night last night. The crowd got right into it, & what a crowd. I'd be very surprised if there weren't more than 6k. I didn't see many spare seats below concourse level. Above concourse North side almost chocka, & the Southern seating looked 2/3 to 3/4 capacity.

Plenty of smiling faces last night which hopefully brings in a new wave of converts.

Reply #166555 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Potsie was right there when it all blew up, & he never took me aside, or mentioned anything about any message going out.
The issue was between Kev and either Dan (venue) or Potsie (club). Potsie instructed Dan not to reply as he preferred to do it himself on behalf of the club.

Reply #166562 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Indeed - Everything's cruisy. Plenty of positive comments from others in the crowd on the night, plus a mention in Boti's article, and footage of the banner on ABC News. RMM, myself, and the rest of the boys are very happy with the result.

Huge thanks to Paul "Potsie" Bauer at the club for ensuring the smooth night for us (and the banner). We were questioned by a security guard again after we put it up, but told him to speak to Bauer, and all was good.

Reply #166572 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Got one for the Wildcats then Kev?

Reply #166575 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Skip, yes we will have one.

Myself and another one of the guys from the group who doesn't frequent the forums, and possibly RMM too, will be painting it up tomorrow.

Look out for it on Wednesday night.

Reply #166582 | Report this post

DDcluelessfan  
Years ago

And it was all due to my explosion. I am the center of the world.

Reply #166622 | Report this post

RMM  
Years ago

Nothing to do with my Email hey DDIdiot?

Reply #166838 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

FFS RMM, I thought you were smarter than that. My bad.
Your email was put straight into the freak'n bin. Stadium admin said "we don't respond to forums".
GET IT?
Potsie overheard the confrontation & followed it up on your behalf. It WOULD NOT HAVE GONE THROUGHT WITHOUT POTSIE. YOUR email went straight into the freak'n bin.
Got the freak'n message now?

Reply #166855 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Eeeeasy turbo...

Reply #166857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Potsie tried to reply to them before you spoke with the venue manager. Not responding to forums is different to not responding to emails.

Reply #166869 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Posted by Anonymous:
"Potsie tried to reply to them before you spoke with the venue manager."

I hear yah. Thing is, Potsie hadn't answered the email, but went on to battle the cause.

AT NO TIME HAVE I LOOKED FOR CREDIT. In fact from memory, I think I mentioned that my dummy spit fell on deaf ears. That was the end of my input, & it was a dead issue.

POTSIE GOT IT DONE

Geddit?

Reply #166899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are a sad man looking fotr credit!

Reply #166936 | Report this post

RMM  
Years ago

DDfan - Kev has sent numerous emails the exact same way that i have and his got responded too as did mine. I never posted anything through a forum u knucklehead. If all emails sent in the way i did went in the bin wats the point in having a club contact email address?

Reply #167051 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:09 am, Mon 6 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754