skip
Years ago

Funny Adelaide 36ers v Perth Wildcats 16/01/2008

Tomorrow night the Sixers we look to reverse the result from 10 Days ago. which saw them go down by 2 points.

Since then they have introduced a new Import in Joe Shipp while we have lost our captain Brett Maher for the game. Julius Hodge looks to have settled in a little more though with Saturday night performance.

Whats everyones tip for the game?

I'm really looking forward to the battle between Redhage and Ballinger.
Hopefully Hodge can back up his previous performance with another good game too.

Sixers by 12 for me. Crowd of 4930

Topic #14231 | Report this topic

Hood 30  
Years ago

I'm looking forward to this game more than any other this season i reckon. I really wish i'd caught the kings game, sounds like we'd played really well - and here's hoping the loss of Maher doesn't upset our chemistry.

As much as i'd love to see Redhage go off for 40, i hope it's not this week.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what Loughton can do. (Hopefully alot ... but for it to be in vain).

Reply #167025 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Also really looking forward to it. Even without Maher, I think Adelaide are going to be too fired up and will win by 5-8. Crowd around 4,750 is my guess.

Reply #167026 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

looking forward to this game immensely, Think the 36ers will smack the cats good and hard at home and i will be able to walk into work and give some cr*p back to these damned cats fans. and its on fox yahhoooo.

36ers by 15

Go 36ers

Reply #167027 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

crowd of 5100

sixers to win by 9

I so want to be there on wednesday however ill be in sydney and be watchin it on fox, but me and my family will be going to the Wollongong game on friday night. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #167030 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'll be going to the game and looking forward to it. Hoping for another great game from Hodge & Balls.

Sixers to win by 3.

Crowd of 3900.

Reply #167032 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

"Hoping for another great game from Hodge & Balls."

he he, The Champ33, is this at the game, or after....

Sixers by 11, crowd 4871.

Reply #167034 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Can't wait.. pity about Maher but I very much enjoy watching Darren get the opportunity to step up in his absence - he is as good a scorer to watch as any when he is in the flow.. lets hope he feels it tomorrow night.

Sixers by 5

Reply #167036 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

36ers by a dozen, crowd 4000

Reply #167041 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I don't think the crowd will reach 4000. Wednesday night game and it is on fox. Cats by 12.

Reply #167067 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Oh Wow, the line opened at Adelaide -3. You would have to be a very brave fan to take that!

Adelaide by 2!

Reply #167095 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I think Adelaide will get it done, even without Maher. Ng has been playing really well in the three guard rotation. It will be interesting to see if Sutton comes back into the rotation, or Copeland is used at the two as he was on Saturday (or even Burdon).

I'd imagine we'd still be somewhat fired up over the close loss in Perth, so we'll come out guns blazing. I'm looking forward to seeing Hodge again.

Sixers by 7-12.

Reply #167100 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Perth to win by 16

Reply #167105 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Adelaide by 7, crowd 4359

billups1, I'm also heading to the Gong, have you bumped up your insurance policy...

I'm planning on drink about 10 beers and have at least 20 chucked at me and then running the gauntlet back to the hotel room without to much of a pummeling.

Reply #167128 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Anyone who attended Saturday's Kings game would know the atmosphere at the Dome cannot be replaced by a night at home watching a game on Fox. Hopefully the ones who would normally have planned to stay home tomorrow night were at Saturday's game and decide they want more of the same excitement at the Dome. 36ers to win by 12, but the Cats won't be giving up opportunities that the Kings did by their silly behaviour. I predict this game to be a lot closer.

Reply #167129 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hearing that ticket sales so far have been good.

Reply #167133 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I Hope the crowd is as good as it was on Saturday!!! Will be a very close one. Looking forward to this so much!

I dare say I hope that Ballinger doesnt have a massive game due to heaps of people having him as captain of dream team [I dont :(] but I hope someone like Cooper or the Ninja step up big.... Who knows? Maybe even Dench! lol

Reply #167134 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Will Sutton get much game time?

Reply #167142 | Report this post

someamateur  
Years ago

Wildcats by 4

Redhage to go for 25
Loughton to go for 18
Rogers 10 and 10

Crowd 5034

Reply #167162 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Vintage Boti in the paper this morning.

'...and all the tools - including their coach ...'

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,23057293-5006371,00.html

Reply #167206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CHAMPAGNE COMEDY!

Give Boti a ball!

Reply #167211 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd like to revise my crowd estimate to 6,050. Apparently, for the first time in a few years, there's a little queue for tickets at the Dome during the day. Considering it's a Wednesday and a Fox game, that's pretty impressive!

Reply #167237 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Wow, school holidays good weather that win plus Julius Hodge is popular.

Reply #167239 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Thats really exciting news. I would love to see us break the 6000 mark. I think it would be the first time since a game around the same time against New Zealnd in 2006.

Reply #167241 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Crowd of 6141 according to Carfino so Isaac wins the tipping comp.

Pity they only saw one side play good ball

Reply #167293 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

and i win the tipping for the score...unfortunately.
way to make us look like absolute idiots for thinking the 36ers might just carry some sort of form into a second game.

Reply #167296 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Statman, admittedly, my guess came after hearing from the club that the sales were strong and that they'd given away 400 or so freebies.

Tough for the team to have a run home against big name teams, but it means drawcard opponents for the rest of the season for the club.

Reply #167396 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:05 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754