Jonno
Years ago

Hodge- is he the best player in the NBL???

Just wondering what peoples thoughts on Hodge are?? do you think he is the best player in the NBL???
I think he would have to come close, he scores almost as much as Ebi but gets alot more rebounds and assists and can run the point, meaning he has a better all round game than ebi. then you look at other all round players say a Dave Thomas, Darnell Mee, Galen Young type player they all score 5-10 points less than Julius, which is why i think he is the best player in the league, if he played the full season he would have to be a MVP favourite i think!

Topic #14502 | Report this topic

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

But thats just it, he hasnt played the whole season.
No doubt he is a good player but I don't think a 'few' rounds justifies 'best player in the NBL'.

Was definetely a good pickup by the 36ers tho.

Reply #171043 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You'd be confident of saying top five on current form, and I think Ballinger would be another.

Ere, Ballinger, Hodge, Anstey, Penney (Redhage almost, but not quiet).

Statistically, makes a strong case for MVP had he played a full season and Adelaide were at least 6-8th.

Reply #171045 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

Ahh Redhage.. Frikn Redhage..
Started good, slumped.. Naturalised.. Good.. Slumping again..

Watching him against the kings on Saturday was painful.

Reply #171047 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Id agree with Ballinger. he has great range and started very well last night until he was hampered by his back (I think) A couple of shots that he dropped over some very good defence were superb

Reply #171048 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I am now a believer. Sign him up.

Not quite the best yet though. I'd say Ere, Anstey, Penney yes, and also when fully fit McKinnon and Maher are up there too..

Reply #171055 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

I think he is the best import in the league.

Hes been here for a month and already looks like hes a NBL veteran. (surely 2 POTW)

His versatility is amazing. No one can match his enthusiasm, heart, passion, flair which sets him apart from a lot of players. Seems like the perfect team mate and a great lockeroom guy

Ebi is unreal, but he is really just a shooter. He looks awkward when he drives the ball and can't play defense.

As for overall, Anstey would make any team amazing with everything he brings - id put Hodge behind him.

Reply #171064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully the 36ers get to keep Hodge and after a few years he becomes naturalised haha

Reply #171080 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Redhage always seems to struggle agains the kings.

Reply #171085 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

My top 3

Anstey

Ere
Mackinnon

after that, so many...love watching Hodge, but long time to prove things yet

Reply #171092 | Report this post

hoop fiend  
Years ago

If there is a new coach, he will want to put his own stamp on the team and bring in his own imports.

Having said that, the most disappointing thing about Julius's brilliance is that we may only have one last chance to see him play here again in Adelaide. He just got here too late for us {the fans, the league, coaches, teammates ..} to really appreciate him.

Reply #171117 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Certainly if you exclude his first 2 games his averages are fantasic.

In 8 games he has averaged

27.3 points (Best in the League)
9.3 Rebounds (7th in ther League)
4.3 offensive rebounds (Best in the League)
5 Defensive Rebounds (16th in the League)
6.3 Assists (Best In The League)
1.3 Steals (18th In The League)

Agree that he hasnt played long enough to be given an MVP nod but does any think he could sneak into The NBL First Team?

Reply #171118 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If there is a new coach, he will want to put his own stamp on the team and bring in his own imports.
Not necessarily true. They could have their own style and want someone different, but anyone can recognise that Ballinger and Hodge are top-tier players.

Reply #171127 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:36 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754