what the
Years ago

Ian Stacker post game

did anyone see stacker run towards Carolyn totsakos (spelling?) with a clenched fist - ie up yours style - seconds after the final siren

Topic #1452 | Report this topic

Yes  
Years ago

Yes, quite out of line to be totally honest. But this is from the same guy who clapped in front of geoff weeks' face last season and wondered why he got a technical. I don't think he enjoys coming to Adelaide very much. Fair enough too with the amount of verbal abuse thrown at him by numerous spectators sitting behind him.

Reply #16634 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

they seem to pshyche the refs out - crocs clearly were at the refs about any decision against them - very subtle - phil was up - but nowhere near as much as the crocs coaching staff - every call they were seeking an explanation.

definite psychology there - keep the refs on edge - undermining their confidence - doubting every call - no room for the meek.

crocs were clever with their fouls and head games with the ref - prepared to burn the fouls - but it was all well timed - those that fouled out had done their damage

Reply #16637 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

I sit near the sixers bench. Phil kept asking one of the refs "do you know the rules?.. whats the rule?" and the ref wouldn't answer.. heheh

ShaneD

Reply #16644 | Report this post

SupaDupa  
Years ago

Yep, that would have been Andrew Filmer.

Filmer would have to be an optically challenged sleigh puller.

Yep....no eye deer :)

Reply #16647 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I was near Ian Stacker and i didnt see him clench his fist at the ref?

He is under pressure big time this year and i thought he was just reacting to a very hard fought win?

Reply #16697 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Yeah I saw him, he actually either mouthed or actually said ( I didnt hear him, hence why I say possibly only mouthed) the words "take that" towards Carolyn as well, as well as the fist gesture

Reply #16703 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

kris - at the fibnal bell - he ran to the mid court line - approx 5 metres out from the bench - where yogee was, feverishly clenched his fist in a semi bowing position in an "up yours" technique - directly facing carolyn a few metres away - it seemed very gestured towards her from my possie.

Reply #16763 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:54 pm, Mon 6 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754