Kent Brockman
Years ago

Is Gerlach in the team permanatley?

Paul Bauer has said in his Team Trash on the official site that Gerlach is Nash's replacement.

Nice notice from the club about that.

No offence to snake but i am not sure he is quite the replacement that the fans had in mind.

Topic #1473 | Report this topic

In the know  
Years ago

I realize Gerlach might not be the superstar everyone is looking for but I think sixers need to start bringing in some young guys to start a 'rebuilding' program for the following years. I think that teams that start bringing in players for a quick fix end up not acheiving a lot. Injuries certainly have played havoc with the sixers this season, as well as the lightning but I think bringing in someone to just fill a void acheives nothing. Look at Football, When injuries hit the top teams they start to blood rookies. Just my thought.

Reply #16801 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

Maybe the sixers coach should have looked at Newley!

Reply #16802 | Report this post

Pizzano  
Years ago

I think you will find Gerlach is Christan Bell's replacement not Nash's.

Reply #16827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think youll find that gerlach has the desire without the ego, and is willing to do long hours in training for few or no minutes on the court. The 36ers need to look to the future and at least they are taking on local talent

Reply #17210 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

I agree. He is playig for the love of the game and i hope he gets an opportunity soon.

Reply #17268 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

I think you will find in ABL terms Gerlach is probably a better player than Nash and deserves a shot the only person holding him back is Smyth

Reply #17290 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Actually, it's NBL rules that would be holding Gerlach back, not Smyth, or anyone else for that matter.

Gerlach is the 12th man, a development player, which means they dont get paid, unless they actually get court time. Given BASA's financial situation, I thnk you will find it will be a long time before Snake sees NBL court time.

Reply #17301 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

So he not allowed to hit the court at all Yogee?

Reply #17304 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Surely he's permitted to replace Gower or Hambour in the line-up either permanently or from game to game?

Reply #17321 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

He can play in any game, but he then has to be paid the rookie minimum equivalent for that game (which I THINK equates to about $600 per game)....so I cant see it happening because of club financials.

Reply #17327 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

My point is that they are doing this with Gower and Hambour. Given that their current deficiency is in the backcourt, why wouldn't they swap Gerlach into the 10 for a game or two?

Reply #17330 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I dont know.....there may be rules involved with that. Gower and Hambour are actually in the 10 at the moment, so they have to be contracted, which may have also caused the lack of funds for a replacement guard to come in

Reply #17336 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 pm, Sun 5 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754