DB5
Years ago

Kevin Durant is Rookie of the Year

Seattle's Kevin Durant has beaten Cheezes favourite player, Al Horford to win the NBA Rookie of the Year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3374806

Averaged 20.4 pts 4 rebounds 2.4 assists to Horford's
10.1 points and 9.7 rebounds.

Durant had a great year on a team with no other scorers but Horford played real well on a playoff team with 3 other main scorers.

Topic #15661 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Correct Decision! There is no reason why a star of a team should miss out on ROTY to a role player!

Reply #184631 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Deserves the award, just sadly his team didn't perform or rate higher on the ladder.

The NBA awards this year have been on target and accurate.

Reply #184632 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Boo - Al Horford for ROY.

Reply #184639 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

10 and 10 just isn't good enough for ROY. Even if his team did make the playoffs, they are the team with the worst record to ever make the playoffs..

Horford for most improved next year?

Reply #184644 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

that is the worst decision in nba history.

Reply #184658 | Report this post

wave ill  
Years ago

you are the worst decision in your mother's history.

Reply #184661 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Getting ROY doesn't mean squat if he can't get the hell out of Seattle and to a team where his skills actually benefit someone.

Reply #184664 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

I don't think Durant needs to get out of Seattle (Oklahoma). If they get someone like Rose in the draft then they have Rose, Durant and Green to build around - that's pretty decent!

Reply #184670 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Miami is also "decent" and they finished dead last. Considering the improvement of a team like Portland and the actual fight to get a finals spot in the west this season; Seattle would have to do better then that.

Reply #184672 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Well cheeze in 5 years time when he's challenging for the scoring title and Horford is a 15 and 12 solid role player, if Horford won it i think people would be calling that the worst decision in NBA history. BTW its not a decision is the culmination of votes from many a person alot more in the know then any of us

Reply #184681 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Miami is decent??

Are you on crack?? They were fielding a D League roster....

They are whatever you come up with for the opposite of "decent"...

Miami were an embarrasment to the league by the season's end.. (and they still beat my team, so I guess Chicago is as well, lol).

Reply #184690 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

If by "crack" you mean "crackers" then yes I am. Miami is a decent team that can't play together.

Neither is Chi-town. Just need decent coaching. Next year could be the turn around; hell if you can coach a team of rookies and sophmores (portland) to a .500 season in the hardest west conf. season in recent memory; you can easy turn round Chicago n' Miami and make them a finals team.

Need we bring up the Boston scenario again.

Reply #184696 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Not at all, and I agree to an extent that Miami and the Bulls could turn it around, shit, they had an awesome series against each other the last 2 years!

However, Miami had 5 rookies on the roster by the end of the year, mostly D leaguers..

Miami will get a good pick to put with Wayde, but how well they play...well.

Bulls need a new coach, and to piss off the selfish players that didn't want to sign extensions..

Miami need a miracle....you cannot polish a turd.

Reply #184699 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Too right DB5. Though you didn't mention Shawn Marion at all.

He'll go to bed crying tonight. lewl

Reply #184704 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Fair call again, but I don't see Marion being there next year, I believe he is out of contract at season's end..(anyone confirm or deny?)

Reply #184708 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Durant wont have a problem getting out of seattle, infact none of the sonics will.

Reply #184744 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Marion has a player option to opt out of his contract, but there is no way in hell that he'll walk away from $17+ million, nor is there any team with this type of cap room to take him on board without trading come contracts.

Reply #184749 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Marion is out of contract but there was a thing on the heats website where he was saying he want to return. Who would want to return to a team like that!?

Reply #184751 | Report this post

Sam Fisher  
Years ago

ohhhhhhhhh snap wave ill, that comment made me giggle.

Reply #184788 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:41 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754