B dizzle
Years ago

sixers?

does any one know the reason why the 36ers changed their name to the sixers i think its diplorable and why is gowler still playin after (this is what i heard) phil smythe told him to not bother come to trainigs.

Topic #1581 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Regarding the name, I think that it was poorly executed.

I believe that they were trying to enforce the branding of Pura Milk with regards to the club name (thinking that "Adelaide Pura Milk Thirty Sixers" was too much of a mouthful) without realising that doubling up on the names would confuse the brand and further remove the notion of Pura Milk from it all.

They went from having two brand components on a singlet (for example: Pura Milk and 36ERS), to having three brand components (Pura Milk, Sixers, 36ERS). It would've been far more effective to just retain PM and 36ERS, and increase the size/contrast of the former, in my opinion.

Now the logos when read in order (from their site masthead brand, for example) are: "Pura Milk Sixers Adelaide Thirty Sixers" -- how is that simpler and less of a mouthful??

"Sixers" is a casual name given by fans and not really something to feature in the formal branding.

Reply #18055 | Report this post

Tyler  
Years ago

yes. Dispose of Gower. I dont like him. Too slow and has no left hand.

Reply #18057 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I like the phrase 'sixers'
it was done more for maketing than anything else i think

Reply #18067 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:53 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754