LC
Years ago

WNBL on ABC TV - Save the coverage

ABC are theatening to reduce their coverage of the WNBL and BA have started their own petition:

http://linky.com.au/rfq6l

Support the WNBL by clicking on the banner, and then taking further action as BA have requested.

Pity that BA never did this with regards to the coverage of the NBL.

Topic #16417 | Report this topic

Lauren  
Years ago

Come on everyone - lets at least save the coverage of the WNBL!

Reply #193390 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I've sent an email regarding this to everyone I know and told everyone to do the same. and complained to the abc as it suggests.

Reply #193405 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

LC....perhaps the NBL could hav done it themselves....remember that when the NBL was on ABC it was actually not FTA...the NBL was PAYING for the coverage

Reply #193406 | Report this post

frangipani  
Years ago

Opposition communications spokesman Bruce Billson has backed WNBL coverage and asked ABC to change decision. Also apparently threatening national petition if axing goes ahead. Ring your local MP, especially if she's Kate Ellis!!

Reply #193820 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The ABC have decided to again show live coverage due to the overwhelming support!

Check the story: http://linky.com.au/jjwlb

Now all we need to is get the NBL back of FTA and an NBA highlights package would be great too!

Reply #194092 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

The ABC have decided against trimming the WNBL coverage.

Our outrage and mail has helped save women's basketball.

Well done.

I receive a reply in my email to inform me of this and I presume many of you have received the same.

Reply #194132 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:32 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754