Curious
Years ago

Winter Gradings

With the summer season being the grading season and some divisions (eg Div 2) having 15 or so teams in two pools will the bottom teams be dropped to Div 3 to leave a 12 team comp in winter with one pool. Will it then push div 3 teams down to div 4? and so on and so forth, anyone have the correct info on this?

Topic #17811 | Report this topic

Years ago

i would expect some commonsense -

i.e. 12 would be the maximum of teams in one grade - UNLESS - these big groups ie 14-15 teams get close results - then they may do it like seniors - ie 15-16 teams run and north and south pool - play each other twice and then play one cross over round with teh other pool.

if your team is getting spanked each week - you obviously are in the wrong grade.

it seems to be mainly for moving teams down a brade rather than moving anyone up - it is a fair way - we should have pro / rel anyway.

i would also expect some communication between the clubs and grader - ie you may have 2 div 1 players coming for winter - but not playing summer.

obviously this sort of thing will affect results

Reply #209058 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

BSA seem to have set up the summer season ready for promotion / relegation. Many of the grades have two pools with cross overs in week 8 and 9. So theoretically they could rank teams and distribute them into smaller divisions (ie 8 or 10 or 12 teams). That is assuming that they got the seedings fairly right to start with (ie putting an even number of good and bad teams in each pool).

If I count right, there is now enough weeks in the "winter" season to have three rounds with 10 team divisions (27 weeks) and three weeks of finals (top 4 only).

Does anyone actually know what is going on? Or is it all a big secret?

Reply #209156 | Report this post

wes  
Years ago

Winter will be as usual, not 27 rounds. 18 rounds in a 10 team comp.

Reply #209162 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

wes - you appear to be commenting on Div 1 only - what about the rest!

Reply #209163 | Report this post

wes  
Years ago

I don't know, I was just responding to Pegs' comments re 10 team comps. I think you can be pretty sure that there will not be a 27 week season + finals in any division.

Reply #209164 | Report this post

Cow 07  
Years ago

Others will be 22 (12 or 11 team) or 21 (8,7,6 or 5 team) round comps.

Reply #209167 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

Wes are you forgetting that we gained four weeks as we don't have the last two rounds of summer and finals for summer during January / February?

Are division 1s still having finals?

Am I confused?

Reply #209168 | Report this post

wes  
Years ago

I'm not forgetting anything Pegs. Yes we have gained 4 weeks due to the shortened summer season. But winter will still be as usual. There are just less games in the year now.

No there no div 1 finals in summer.

Yes you are confused :)

Reply #209171 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:37 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754