KingJames
Years ago

36ers @ Breakers, Nov 6 - on now

The Bookies feel Adelaide have no chance in hell of winning tomorrow night. They have put Adelaide at $6.50 to win the game. Also the odds are at $23 for them to win by 11+. Maybe its worth putting $5-$10 on them winning by 11+ as you would profit $110-$220. I think there is a slight chance we could win by 11+ but very unlikely.

A good bet for the game would be Adelaide line margin of +13.5 @ $1.90. For those of you that don't know what this means is that Adelaide need to win the game OR New Zealand win by less then 14. However, there is always a caution with Adelaide when they are on the road as they have been known to get blown out in games.

If you are looking for a safe bet. Centrebet have the top scorer in tonights game out of Heal, Harvey, Hinder or Ellis. I would think either Heal or Harvey will easily win that with possibly Ellis having a chance. Heal is at $2.90 and Harvey at $2.75. If you bet on heal and harvey you get either a 45% or 40% profit. I guess that depends on you if that is worth while.

As always sports games can go anyway so always bet wisely

(Mod: Adjusted date to push this to the top of the page and made it the game thread.)

Topic #17931 | Report this topic

DDFan  
Years ago

I'd be very wary about putting money on the 36ers while they're on the road, in NZ.

Reply #210284 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

KJ, I spotted the Heal/Harvey opportunity too.

Not sure about those Adelaide numbers. I think they were similar in the NZ-Adelaide game last year that Chappell had 20+. And I lost on that too.

Breakers have the advantage in the guard stocks, but Holmes/Ballinger/Schenscher could well outweigh that.

The line might be good. The other one to look at (I will tomorrow) is the game total.

Reply #210307 | Report this post

nifty  
Years ago

I will bet on Heal and Harvey being loses and selfish for the rest of their careers nothing changes

Reply #210321 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

They can do it if they want to. Its all going to come down to how much they want to win. The 36ers as a team don't lack talent, they lack motivation.

Reply #210381 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Centrebet have them now at $7. Game total is 214.5. I'm thinking 36ers is worth a try at that after all, and they could fall short of the total without Jones putting in his 15 points.

$29 for a 36ers win by 11+ can't be ruled out even if the odds are against it.

I covered everything except Breakers by 11+, so will see how that goes.

Reply #210431 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Dammit. I only have a sportingbet account and they are still only offering $21 for the 36ers to win 11+.

Hopefully they up it this arvo. If they pass $25, I'll have a redback on it.

Reply #210433 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Skip, the local Tab has it at $23 to win by 11+.

Isaac I got pretty much the same bets as you besides the game total. That game total is probably the safest bet I think. I can't see both teams scoring over 107 each.

If the Sixers can make Oscar and Ronaldson have bad games whilst containing Penney, then we should be able to get the win.

The reasons why I think we will do good is:

* Last time NZ won by 38 without Ballinger (Averages 20), Bruce (gets about 20 with his points and assist combined), also this time they don't have Phil Jones whom scored 18 for them and always kills us.

* Winitana didn't play and he will be pumped for this game and will probably get the assignment on Penney. Hopefully during his years at the Breakers he has learnt how to contain Penney!

* We had a struggling Brett Maher. Schensher was just starting to come good but now he is confident and a force in our offence.

* NZ might struggle with only 5 scorers.

* Sixers Defence looks to be alot better.

This game will be competitive and could go either way. I think the Odds are a really poor selections by the bookies as the game will be alot closer then they have put down. It seems they made the odds based on Adelaides 38 point loss and the ladder position of the two teams. Hopefully the bookies mistake is all of our gain :)

Reply #210441 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

"* Last time NZ won by 38 without Ballinger (Averages 20), Bruce (gets about 20 with his points and assist combined), also this time they don't have Phil Jones whom scored 18 for them and always kills us."

So Sixers by 18. Love the logic.

Reply #210442 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Thanks for that idiot but if that was the logic, Sixers would win by 20 not 18. However, that was not saying we would win by that much but rather listing valid points on why we should do better then the previous 38 point loss.

Reply #210444 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

At $29 for 11+, anyone would have to try even just $2 on it for a laugh. Two horse race and it's easy for a close 6-7 point game to blow out to 10+ on free throws at the end.

I've gone with 11+, 1-11, and Breakers 1-11 in varying ratios. Cover my expense if Breakers win narrowly, but profit if 36ers win.

Reply #210447 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Can you bump this Thread Isaac... or will people probably make another thread tonight?

Reply #210459 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

As long as CJ, Penney and Rickert are playing it will be Breakers by 11+

Reply #210460 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I went for a more safer/greedy bet

I bet on Sixers line margin at +13.5
Sixers to win at $7
Sixers to win by 11+

This way if NZ win by 14 i lose everything. The first bet covers the other two bets so it is a safety bet however if Sixers win by 11+ then I win on all 3 bets... the greedy bet :P Knowing my lucky NZ will come out and win by 20 :P

if Sixers are up by 11 in the dying seconds can you have a word to Oscar about fouling so we get two shots? that would be great :P

Reply #210461 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I went Sixers for the win @ $7-50 and by 11+ @ $23.

Reply #210462 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

For when the game starts in five or so minutes:

Live scores

Live radio

Reply #210467 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No CJ for New Zealand?!

Reply #210469 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Back twinge for CJ just before the game. May be back, may not.

Reply #210471 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Really Isaac where did u hear that?

Reply #210472 | Report this post

angelo  
Years ago

according to live score hasn't been on the floor yet!further- given that they play the tigers on saturday night, they don't want to risk him- smart move andrej!

Reply #210473 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

KJ - radio feed.

Reply #210474 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Missing Bruton and Jones, NZ have Henare left to play the point. Big chance for Adelaide to take advantage of this.

Reply #210475 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

That sucks, I have Bruton in my fantasy team....

So far it sounds like Adelaide are playing relatively well

Reply #210476 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

4 bad turnovers in less than 2 minutes for the sixers

Reply #210477 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

Winitana picked up 2 quick fouls in the first quarter....

Brad Hill with the rejection on Rickert

Sixers with a slight lead early in the 2nd qtr

Reply #210478 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Commentators suggesting that the Breakers are falling apart.

36ers pressing. Have a handy lead.

Reply #210479 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Skip, I hope you got that bet on. Looking a real chance at this point.

Oops, Breakers hit three threes in a row to reel it in.

Reply #210480 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

Damn, i just lost my radio feed....

Reply #210481 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

It is early days. NZ are very good and can score points in a hurry :(

Reply #210482 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

1 min to go in the first half and Luke with 0 boards

Reply #210483 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I am just looking at the live scores. On the Radio does it sound like we are doing well and controlling the game?

Reply #210484 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not any more, but early in the second quarter Adelaide sounded like they had the momentum.

Breakers go in to the main break up by one, somehow.

Reply #210485 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Got it Isaac. Took it at $21 though.

Reply #210486 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Bit worrying with the Breakers getting their offence going now. 36ers need to hang tough and get their offence back on track.

Tyndale showing a nice stat line at the moment - 10pts, 3 assists, 2 steals, 7 rebounds, no turnovers, shooting 50%.

It sounds like Ninnis has told them to get the ball into Ballinger's hands in 2nd half (liek the other night). Seems to be working. Go 6ers!

Reply #210487 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

yeah, must be the 3rd quarter, Adams getting the ball.

Reply #210488 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Ballinger just went nuts hitting 11 points and an assist in 2 minutes.

Reply #210489 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I'm a big fan of Tyndale! Keep going Tyndale ;)

Reply #210490 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

3/4 time and schensch still has 0 boards!

Reply #210491 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Final quarter! Sixers are up by 1 going into it. Penney and Henare have both played alot of minutes hopefully they will be tired! Oscar hasn't done much so hopefully he has a quiet last quarter. The Sixers need to keep getting the ball into Ballinger and Schensher! Lets go Sixers!

Reply #210492 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Kent he has enough boards in the previous two games to make up for no boards in this game! hehe but seriously that is crazy that he hasn't gotten a rebound yet and has played decent minutes!

Reply #210493 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Commentators on Burdon, something like: "He's a pasty fellow. I hope you brought your sunglasses. His legs are so white, I couldn't see if he was wearing socks."

Gee, three misses in a row for Oscar. Commentators suggesting Oscar's rushing shots.

Reply #210494 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Gritty stuff for first 4 minutes of last quarter - only a point a minute scoring.

Whoever breaks the chains first might win teh game.

Reply #210495 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

just dropped in hopefully the boys can hang on, though as i type oscar hits a shot.

Reply #210496 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Holmes delivering for the 6ers now and Ronaldson hits another crucial basket - has been Mr Clutch for them in this game

Reply #210497 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

81 each, would have loved to see this game, just constant lead changes.

Reply #210498 | Report this post

Ace of spades  
Years ago

up 3

come on sixers!

Reply #210499 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

tyndale with a massive shot

Reply #210500 | Report this post

Ace of spades  
Years ago

up 8

tyndale proving himself now

Reply #210501 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Wow - Tyndale's moment in the sun. Two 3 point plays and a rebound outlet to Schenscher!

Go you 6ers!

Reply #210502 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

OUT TO 8!!! Come one, another 3 points!!!!!!!!!

Reply #210503 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I reckon Adelaide have got this now. Just a matter of the margin.

Reply #210504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ohhh fuck yeah tyndale is steppin up

Reply #210505 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

foul on the three! ahhh

Reply #210507 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

lukeeeeeeee

Reply #210508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

she looks like its all over now you bloody bewty now its time to start playin the ball we know the guys can

Reply #210509 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jacob, hit your frickin' free throws. Better not be a 10 point margin now! ;)

Reply #210510 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Bucking frilliant! Well done 6ers

Reply #210511 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

ARRRGHH 1 point from $420!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #210512 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

TEN POINTS. Are you kidding me?!

Reply #210513 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

tyndale looks to have had a great game and some big plays, hopefully with this scoring game he will get a little more confidence his this shot. Great win.

Reply #210514 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

Sixers 96-86

Reply #210515 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

lol rude 1 point and would have got the jackpot :P Excellent win by the sixers though probably should have been a bit more with CJ not playing but we will take it. Hopefully Tyndale gets more confidence from this game.

Reply #210516 | Report this post

Ace of spades  
Years ago

tyndale 1 board away from a double double, spewing!

Reply #210517 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

One missed free throw. Arghhh!

Shouldn't complain too much as I did get them for 1-10 at $8.75, but still. So close!

Wonder how bad CJ's back is? If it turns out to be long term, the Breakers could replace him with an import.

Hope someone got on the under 214.5 too (DJ, you paying attention?) - I didn't bother in the end, but they were obviously well under.

Reply #210518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tynedale carried this win! boti nagi better say something good he deserves the recognition for this win, commentators said inclusion of bruce and ballinger was the difference but i think tynedale played for his spot

Reply #210519 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

36ers got 60% of the rebounds, massive.

Penney shot 32% from the field, Tyndale shot 60%.

got it done with Ballinger not getting a score in the last quarter.

Reply #210521 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Isaac I was too lazy to go for the total :(

but still got a good win but gees 1 more point would have been so much better! :P

Reply #210522 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Schensch set it up, Ballinger was the drive in the middle, and then it looks like Tyndale had those critical buckets at the end that locked it up.

Reply #210523 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

i had 6ers +13/under 213 and 6ers 11+ 1 more point from big dollars hey skip

Reply #210525 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Thats the third time today Ive have missed something good by 1.
Im going to bed. :-(

Reply #210526 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Wow. What a good night. This and the FOX offer.....
Tyndale just about best...
TEN points.. aw well... doesn't matter.

Reply #210528 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Looks like Tyndales sort of proved himself, as his away form has been a bit average and he delivered tonight against one of the better teams.

sure he is no Hodge but i think he is the level of import the 36ers (and the general NBL) can afford, hes no Hodge but i dont think many or any nbl clubs could afford a guy like Hodge right now.

20/9/4 is great numbers and hopefully this would give him confidence to carry on for the rest of the season in similar fashion, and he made the 3 the secure the win which would also give him confidence!
Keep going Tyndale!!

I think Scott should just tell him to fake no more than once and drive, and either dish to ballinger or shcenscher or make the basket, he isnt a super super athelte but is still fairly atheltic and could drive past most players in the league i think, especially the aussie SG/SFs like Barlow, Harvey, Rillie, etc, who are not exactly defensive orientated. From what ive seen of Tyndale when he attacks the basket he is qite effective, he just isnt very affective if he stays out side the 3 point line, and his shot isnt reliable enough for defenders to be too worried with him faking, so he needs to either quickly pass or drive and he will be fine and probably prove to be one of the better all round players in the league, i would back him to average around 17 points, 8 rebounds and 5 assists and 2 steals,which is quite decent also considering he is only like 22!

Reply #210529 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Deserves a ball , Jonno.. spot on

Reply #210533 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

All over it like a fat kid on a smarty.
Sixers to win @ $7.00 :-)
Sixers +11.5 @ $2.10 :-)
and of course covered the game total points Under 214.5 @ $1.90 :-)

Passed on the crazy bets of Sixers to win by 10.5+ @ $29 - good move in the end (Just).

First win on the basketball the curse is broken, finally!

To add to a good day, threw a each way bet on the last race at the oak's today and came up trumps paying $4.40 for the win and $1.85 for the place.

Happy times.

Reply #210534 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Nice one DJ! Think you should listen to Isaac and my self more often :P Good win by everyone today.

Disappointed in Isaac for not helping the rest of us out with my request that I wrote earlier in the day "if Sixers are up by 11 in the dying seconds can you have a word to Oscar about fouling so we get two shots? that would be great :P" It was meant to be 10 I was meant to write instead of 11 but still! What could have been if Isaac made the call ala Blue Chips! :P

Reply #210536 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

Wow, what an unexpected win! Well done boys! Good to see Balls and Luke continue to dominate, Luke just 3 rebs though!!

I'll give Tinny a pat on the back for now, well done mate, clearly you've played a good game, but please don't follow it up with 5 sh*t ones now.

And Brad Hill keeps getting it done - 8pts on respectable 4/9 shooting, 7 rebs, 3 assists and a block in just 22 minutes, he's really emerging as a regular contributor every game now.

And Eze got on court for a few minutes which is always awesome, shame he ruined his perfect 3P% though!

Reply #210542 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

NBL report annoys me. 'The Adelaide 36ers have accounted for an under-strength New Zealand Breakers'

Because missing Maher and Davidson doesnt make us just as under-strength.

The site also says that the 36ers v Taipans game is tomorrow night.

Reply #210543 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

In Cairns

Reply #210545 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

A very encouraging win against one the league's better teams and on their home ground. Just looking at the ladder after this game and the next home game against the Taipans will also be critical. It will see us change positions with them so we are up in the top 6. If this can be achieved with so many injuries, you would hope the season from here on would improve with players coming back from injury and thus maintaining the playoffs position. We do have a deep team if everyone is fit and good to see Tyndale having a good influence on this game. Goes to show that he is needed to dominate rather than just being an off the bench role playing import.

I bet the bookies after this game were mopping their brows with relief to see the game only won by 10. Bad luck to those who bet on a win of 11 plus, but the 36ers win must be more than just consolation for not winning the money.

Reply #210548 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Goes to show that he is needed to dominate rather than just being an off the bench role playing import."

Oh yes EC, i guess you were right!

I was wondering how you would twist his performance into something that would allow you to avoind saying you may have been slightly wrong about him, and you've done it nicely.

Brilliant win by the 6ers.

I know what you mean skip, we were just as undermanned as them, and both of ours were due to injury, not due to being a prick and hitting Sean Redhage :P

Wierd seeing Schensch getting only 3 boards and no blocks but it didnt look like there were many boards to go around (only player in double figures was Penney).

Tyndale obviously had a fantastic (while not quite dominant) game with 21/9/4 plus 2 steals shooting at 6-10 from the field AND 3-4 FROM 3PT RANGE! Even I don't know where that came from. 6-7 from the line is encouraging too. But he has had a few games like this and dropped back into some quiet form so lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Looked like a good game from Brad Hill too with 8&7 but Bruce obviously struggled, shooting 4-14 FG and 0-5 threes.

I think this is our best starting lineup (Bruce,Tyndale,Holmes,Balls,Schensch) hopefully it stays that way when Maher and Davo return. (which will be when???)

Can't wait for Saturday!

Reply #210552 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I third that motion, the headline should have been "Undermanned 36ers knock off Breakers in NZ"!

No mention in the whole article about Maher or Davidson. Ridiculous.

On another note, how well have we been shooting from the line this season? I might even start a thread about this one day where I delve deep into some stats, but we must be comfortably leading the league in this category based on what I've seen from boxscores this season.

Reply #210556 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

If Tyndale scored most of his points in the last quarter, was that garbage time?

Reply #210558 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I may be slightly wrong about Tyndale and I will admit it when he has backed up tonight's performance with more to come.

Reply #210559 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Prior to tonight's game,
Tyndale was 7th in the league in steals pg,
8th in the league in assists pg,
15th in the league in rebounds pg,
but only 27th in the league in points pg.
that last stat has really been his only crime.

Reality is its hard being recruited as a forward, and then getting asked to play guard.

Reply #210560 | Report this post

staurt wide  
Years ago

does anyone know if there is change of management of the team

GREAT WIN TONOGHT

Reply #210561 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Billo, before tonight, I think the Breakers were top in the league for FT%. Adelaide have been pretty good too though.

Bake, not this game!

KingJames, I can't help it if Jake misses the free throw! ;)

Reply #210562 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

Isaac, just joshing

Reply #210563 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Didn't see the game - so just a question, but Winitana 0 from 1 in 18:24???? He pulled down 7 boards and dished 1 assist, but I wonder how active he was in D (0 steals,) because he didn't appear to contribute in offence?

Comments?

Reply #210578 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

and Ballinger Fan those stats are distorted because he only played a few minutes against the spirit in Canberra. If you take that game as a DNP his stats are even better.

Reply #210579 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

Has big Luke been in foul trouble in previous games?
It is interesting that the Breakers, who have been foul prone throughout the season, did not seem to be having any trouble in this game.

Reply #210581 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Spinner, wouldn't worry about it in a win if he was playing a defensive role. Take a look at Boucher's time on court, and his stats, yet apparently he is great to have on your team - in fact, I'd guess that the Bruton deal was clinched when Boucher was included (even though the Breakers could've possibly swapped Tanner for Abercrombie and brought in an import instead of Boucher).

Reply #210583 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Good win by the boys, I too am one of those that bet on the 11+ margin...doh.

No Tyndale or Ninnis bashers today?

Reply #210586 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Kent:
"and Ballinger Fan those stats are distorted because he only played a few minutes against the spirit in Canberra. If you take that game as a DNP his stats are even better."

I thought Tinnie played about 16 minutes in that game (15 of which were against medical advice). Gutsy stuff.

Reply #210600 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Could have DD my memory was that he played the first 2 and that was it.

Reply #210611 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Yep DD, he played 16 minutes in that game for 8pts and 2rbs. Take that out of his numbers and he's averaging:

15.4 points
8 rebounds
4.8 assists
1.9 steals

Reply #210660 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:52 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754