Hill
Years ago

BOGUT UPDATE

By Mark Simon
Special to ESPN.com

Opening Tip
The player you should be watching
In his sophomore season, Utah center Andrew Bogut has made the transition from an impressive player to a dominant one.

On Monday, he followed up his 24 point, 20 rebound effort against New Mexico with an 11-for-12 shooting performance against Air Force. Bogut has scored in double figures in every game this season, and while there were times in his freshman campaign that it looked like the Australian native hit a wall, this big man has only gotten stronger as the season has progressed.

He has developed into one of the biggest stars on the West Coast and has Utah poised for a return to its status as a major college basketball presence:

Topic #1826 | Report this topic

Hill  
Years ago

also found this on foxsports.com

Question
Mike,
I was delighted to read your comments regarding Andrew Bogut in the TSN's Half-Americans article. In Australia, the only college hoop action we get is from the Big East, Big 12 & ACC Conferences  about six games a week  so we haven't seen him in action this year. I guess we might have to wait for March Madness, assuming Utah wins its conference. We saw a bit of Andrew at the Olympics, but aside from that, nothing. How good is he? His numbers this year are fantastic for a sophomore. I think Australia has had only 2 players drafted in the first round (Luc Longley and Chris Anstey). Is Andrew a likely first-round pick? How high could he go?

Bernie Kuran

Answer by fox sports analyst
Bernie,
If you saw Bogut in the Olympics, then hopefully you saw that big-time jump hook he stuck in Tim Duncan's face. It was a big-time basketball play, a declaration that he was not intimidated and is extremely skilled. Bogut has been a dominant player for Utah. He has grown physically tough enough to battle inside and still has the ball skills to play away from the basket. Bogut's numbers are fantastic regardless of what year he is in, and what league.

I have no doubt Bogut will be a first-round pick. He will probably be a lottery selection at some point, perhaps soon.

Reply #20845 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

the atlants hawks have talked about picking up bogut in the nba draft.he would get a starting spot straight away i would think

Reply #20984 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:24 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754