wak
Years ago

No B Williams

http://nbl.com.au/default.asp?s=newsdisplay&aid=1089

Wouldn't have been my choice anyway... should be gunning for Moore.

Topic #188 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

---
Adelaide are also looking at options in the Australian Basketball Association with 36ers assistant Steve Breheny recently making a trip to Victoria to view possible talent.

"Steve was in Melbourne at the weekend looking at a couple of prospective players," Smyth confirmed.
---

Good to hear this; scouting in the SEABL won't hurt. Is Bruce Bolden naturalised? He's still doing well in that league. (Rearranged, Bruce Bolden = Rubbed Clone, Robbed uncle, Encode blurb, etc).

Reply #1307 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Interesting to see them say that they might just wait and hope for a an Aussie to leave Europe before the season.

Personally, I think this is a good idea. And I would think it's worth taking the risk to start the season one man short in hope of an NBL return from one of our many Aussies in Europe.

Over the last few years there have been players return every year who haven't worked out in Europe. Their only option is to return to the NBL and quite often only a couple of teams have room to fit them in.

With all the players currently looking to Europe the chances of one or two returning would be good.

The list of big men looking to Europe includes Chris Anstey, Paul Rogers, Wade Helliwell, Derek Moore, Axel Dench (?). As well as other types of players including James Harvey, Damien Ryan, Frank Drmic. European teams can be quick to cut players.

Reply #1316 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anstey and Rogers have signed.

Brisbane have given up on Helliwell and are watching two players in the US Summer Leagues.

I think it's down to Dench, Moore, etc.

Reply #1339 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Yeah, what I mean is, over the last few years guys that have signed in Europe have started the season over there and then been cut, or quit, and returned to the NBL. Moore last year, Rillie the year before. I think there have been others. It is probably too much of a risk to count on it happening but a team that left some room to accomodate one of these guys could go from mid table to championship contender overnight. It nearly happened with us last season with Moore.

Reply #1349 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:21 am, Mon 6 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754