Victoria, this is your lucky day
Today is Friday the 13th, yet is appears to be Victoria's lucky day...and yet again highlight's Melbourne as the Sports capital of this country.
Here are the facts, today in Melbourne - and makes it a busy evening at the sports precinct in particular tonight...
- Sheffield Shield Cricket Final commences: Victoria vs Queensland @ Junction Oval
- NBL Grand Final: Dragons vs Tigers @ Hisense
- AFL NAB Cup Grand Final: Collingwood vs Geelong @
MCG Etihad Stadium (Docklands)
- NRL 1st Round tonight: Melbourne Storm vs St George-Illawarra @ Olympic Park
- WNBL Grand Final: Bulleen vs Canberra (although it is in Canberra)
And to top it all off, the Kings of Leon are playing to a sell-out crowd at Rod Laver Arena tonigfht as well!
Good story about it in today's Melbourne Herald-
"By the time the clock ticks midnight, Victorian teams will have won at least two and possibly three premierships in national competitions, and will probably be well on the way to a fourth one.
Actually, make that five. Melbourne Victory has already won the A-League soccer double, the premiership and the championship, and have been celebrating for a fortnight."