Anonymous
Years ago

state champs photos

I'm just curious, but i think for the junior state champs, they should have photographers at other stadiums rather than just the Dome. This will give the teams and players on those teams who don't get the opportunity to play at the Dome on this weekend, to get photos taken of them. If anyone agrees with me, it would be nice to have a reply.

Topic #19744 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

they were also at wayville

Reply #233832 | Report this post

Damien  
Years ago

Fantastic idea anon, I agree 100% but who is going to pay for it?
BSA does not pay us to attend the weekend; our only income for the weekend is from photo sales.

Last year I had two photographers and one support staff member at the Junior State Championships weekend and we lost money.
Factor in 3 staff and 200+ man hours to cover the event, then download, correct, catalogue and upload 10,000 + images... it's a lot of work for very little return.

This year I was the sole photographer.
I was at the Dome Thursday & Friday night (The only venue that has reasonable lighting at night) Wayville & Pasadena during the day yesterday, then The Dome last night and finally The Dome today.

Unfortunately there simply isn't much demand for photos at this event. It was a marginal call to commit resources to this year's event, I'll know in a few weeks if I made the right decision or not.

Reply #233833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Damien, your efforts are appreciated; and yes as reported previously most stadiums are not suitable to take photos because of the poor lighting. Unfortunately a couple of the better stadiums were not used. Keep up the good work, particularly the ABL photos.

Reply #233835 | Report this post

Damien  
Years ago

ABL is much the same.
If the sales aren't there it's hard to justify taking the time out of other projects.
Unfortunately players using our photos on their facebook pages don't pay the bills and my staff's wages.

Reply #233836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

come to a fville abl game! there hasnt been a photograper there yet, im sure ppl will buy photos!

Reply #233838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Unfortunately a couple of the better stadiums were not used."

Such as ....?

Reply #233855 | Report this post

pulse  
Years ago

i'm with damrob - he does a great job.

Reply #233884 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Only 2 x U16 boys games on the website - I know they took more photos than this - when will they be uploaded??

Reply #233890 | Report this post

Damien  
Years ago

Photos are being uploaded throughout today.
15,000+ photos take some time to go through.

After 3 years of ABL coverage and minimal sales not covering the cost of providing the service we have to draw the line somewhere.

Reply #233902 | Report this post

thnx  
Years ago

Damien, you do an awesome job.

Out of interest I am glad my builder went with Damrob for my Engineers report. I told them that they won brownie points for dealing with you because of your work with SA basketball.

Reply #233904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i noticed also that there are very little games that were photographed for the U/16 Boys State comp, only the finals on Sunday and the game between West and Norwood on Thursday. Is there any more photo's still to come ?

Reply #235310 | Report this post

damien  
Years ago

There was one game on Thursday, eight on Saturday and three on Sunday.

Reply #235322 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:51 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754