TR
Years ago

Vince Carter a Net no more

The New Jersey Nets have agreed in principal to send Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson to the Orlando Magic for Rafer Alston, Tony Battie and Courtney Lee.

Interesting move by all parties....

Topic #20299 | Report this topic

Quagmire  
Years ago

Wow.... Nets must be real big on Lee and obviously continue to have an eye on the 2010 free agent crop...

Reply #241270 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

I think they are going in the wrong direction. Keep the young guys that are decent like Lee around Howard. Fair enough get rid of Alston to make room for Nelson, but try to flip him for a PF, not someone that plays the same position as your two best players in crunch time.

Unless they know they are losing Hedu?

Reply #241274 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

lakers sold the #29 pick

PHX trying to move Amare for 3 players + a pick in this draft

there will be many more trades

The Celtics are now 3rd best team in the East - they need to make a trade

Reply #241283 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Could Carter be the Kobe stopper they need.

Probably a good trade by both teams however carters used by date would be coming up soon.

Reply #241289 | Report this post

GD  
Years ago

Surely Carter plays 2 and Hedo 3? I see no reason that they couldn't play together 'olsskoolgamer'.

Plus they got a back up 4 to play behind Lewis in the trade as well.

The real key for the magic is resigning Hedo, and replacing Gortat (who I can't see them being able to pay - if only they could give him some of Lewis' ridiculous contract, lol).

Reply #241292 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

GD why would you replace Gortat for?? They lose basically nothing defensively when Howard goes to the bench briefly and when he is on the he isn't expected to score that much. He is a handy center and only getting better.

Reply #241295 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

How will the minutes in NJ be split up between Harris, Alston & Lee? Surely one of those has to come off the bench and having Harris and Alston on the court at the same time makes them very small.

Reply #241298 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

If the magic can also re-sign Hedo, they are now very scary!

Reply #241303 | Report this post

GD  
Years ago

Oh, I wouldn't replace Gortat, but he's out of contract, and going to be worth a lot more than the 800k or so he was on last season. Its a matter of whether they can afford him, or if they'll have to take a cheaper replacement.

Reply #241304 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

And Orlando are banking on the fact that Jameer will return to 100%, and stay healthy.

Their chemistry was obviously good, and by giving up Lee after one season for Vince Carter?

I think Orlando will now have one too many players who will want the ball. History has shown this rarely brings championships by stacking teams.

It worked for Boston because Garnett was defense first, and Ray and KG were happy to defer to PP.

If KG is 100% next season, and the Celts keep Rondo, I think they will still be the best in the East.

Reply #241319 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

You also said they couldn't advance past Boston or Cleveland.....So I'll reserve judgement.

Reply #241524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well hedo is supposedly said he will opt out of his contract so that will probably settle that problem

Reply #241581 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Yep....not happy about that. Damn!

Reply #242074 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I was reading yesterday that Gortat is being chased by a number of teams, and that he would be crazy not to chase money as his worth will probably never be higher. I'm not sure how old he is, but he's been playing in Europe for quite some time.

I'd love to see him at the Spurs. would really round out the roster. Apparently Boston and the Spurs are also chasing 'Sheed. He must be happy to play for the mid-level exception?

Reply #242088 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:32 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754