Topic #20488 | Report this topic

ESP  
Years ago

here is the link

http://linky.com.au/frckt

Reply #243550 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

I'd love to see the Suns pull a rabbit out and sign Odom up, he would be a perfect fit in our up tempo offense and could switch between the 3 and 4 as A'mare moves between 4 and 5. We can all dream i guess :)

Reply #243569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sp perhaps kobe's wrong when he defiantly said odom's not going anywhere.

Reply #243575 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

If he goes, it's a big loss.

All in all, they are worse off gaining Artest and losing Ariza and Odom.

Especially with the East looking so strong and a revamped San Antonio and Dallas joining Denver as challengers in the West.

Reply #243577 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Massive loss if it happens

Although Ric Buchers 'tweet' indicated that it won't.

"RicBucher: Truth on LO? I'm bored w/the story. He can't get more $ elsewhere. Lakers can't get anybody like him. They'll figure it out."

Reply #243583 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

I think they will sign him still. He just wanted more money, that's all. They'll re-start the talks and come to an arrangement. Like Bucher said, no one else can offer him more.

Reply #243624 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I've been thinking that the odds have to be with Odom returning to the Lakers as well. So I put the Lakers pulling their offer the other day down to Buss/ Kupchak trying to make a point to Odom's agent so he will stop playing the market.

I still think this is the most likely thing to happen, however this article I read this morning did give me pause:

http://linky.com.au/ymbxi

The key thing is the size of the wage bill if they sign Odom. According to this article, without having signed Odom the Lakers payroll is currently at $83.8 mill for 12 players (assuming they waive Sun Yue).

I didn't realise it would end up being quite this high! Apparently as things stand they will have to fork out $13.9 mill in luxury tax this season.

If they add Odom for $8 mill (a good price and less than Lakers have already offered) they'll basically be at $92 mill and on the hook for $22 mill in luxury tax!

Ostensibly they'd by paying out $114 mill just on salaries for one season! That is a lot of money, even for Jerry Buss, especially when $22 mill goes to other owners under the luxury tax!

I still think Odom will blink and sign at $8-9 mill, but the risk he is taking is that Buss takes offence that his more than reasonable offer has been ignored, and flatly refuses to sign Odom to make a point!

I think Odom needs to fire his agent and go round to Buss's house for a large slice of humble pie!

Reply #243656 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I think there are a few agents that needs to be fired; David Lees' #1 on my list. Lon Babby next.

Reply #243714 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:41 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754