Camel 31
Years ago

Luke Schenscher spotted at the Dome?

I saw Luke Schenscher here near the Dome
Got a bit of a shock to see him as thought he was in Las Vagas. I guess he must have trained today.
Ninnis said they'd leave the door open for him.
( Unless he's going to Europe via Adelaide ?)

Topic #20493 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

With Burston in the lineup the Sixers would have two very good 20 minute centres on their books if they did sign him!

Maybe they could go American football style and play Burston on d and Schensch on offence.

Reply #243660 | Report this post

Big Red  
Years ago

I don't think they are looking for a starting type centre, more a back-up. Unfortunately no Luke this year.

Reply #243663 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Would be a tough fit with Burston, Ballinger and Holmes already signed, but having said that, He is someone who will bring people through the door and can be the face of the club.

He is very recognisable and if the club was thinking past this year, he is the player I would want to build a team around for years to come.

Reply #243669 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

If he was available and wanting to sign id sign him in a heart beat, even if it gives a slightly unbalanced line up, id still take him as he is definatly someone you could build a championship around in the next 3-5 years!
You could always have say Schenscher and Ballinger starting and playing say 30 mins a game and Burston playing 20 mins backing them both up, wouldnt be that bad at all!

Reply #243673 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He wasn't included in the Lakers roster for Vegas and arrived home yesterday. At this point, he's just scrimmaging with the team to stay fit before (I presume) the upcoming Boomers camp.

Reply #243674 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Schenscher / Burston
Ballinger / Burston / Holmes
Holmes / Hill
Import / Herbert / Ng
Gilchrist / Ng

Would be a nice looking team. Pleanty of depth in most spots for injury or foul problems.

But with 40 minutes games, bench players are really gonna become just that.

Reply #243675 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Skip only problem with your team no under 23 player

Reply #243677 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Sorry Skip just noticed you only had 9 players

Reply #243678 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Oh well, chuck Joe Ingles in there somewhere :-)

Reply #243681 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

lol yea ingles would solve the under 23 problem nicely, imagine if we say got gilchrist and shchenscher and ingles to round out our roster, would be the best young team, with plenty of SA talent we have had in ages. wont happen though i assume but we can all dream :)

Reply #243685 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

IF! You are going to throw Schnes back in there than forget about getting a 2nd import as well.
Be good to see though!

Reply #243694 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

Pretty handy player to have around scrimmaging with already Gilchrist , the ex Dragons and others providing a high standard.

Reply #243711 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

he's always welcome at the club.

Reply #243713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sorry skip but I cannot come to grips with the notion of Darren being a point guard, even if it is as back-up. I hope we are not going down that path

Reply #243738 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Ninja could handle 5mins at PG backing up Gilchrist fine.

Reply #243744 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Now I understand why Adrien Sturt wasn't signed when he was here training.
Although I didn't realise he's 23.
I can't understand this 23 rule
Biased to the team that signed Jingles or Mills

Reply #243756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Xt.....,

I guess we can agree to disgree!

Reply #243796 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:31 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754