Shaqdiddy
Years ago

Sixers Uniforms

In MY OPINION, the Sixers need to shake some things up this next season.

We have had the same two colour strips for the last couple of years (Blue-home, White-away). Like some teams have done in the NBA, we should get a third strip. Home games, Blue, and yes, even red. On the road get the yellow back, and if you must have the traditional white, wear it spearingly.

I persoanlly say this about the white, because it looks so dull on TV, and every team seems to have a white away strip, so we, the 36ers have no individual identity wearing it.

What will this do, add a bit of colour to the season, especially if every team was to add a third strip. The organisation will sell more jerseys, if you love one particular player you might buy all three colours.

I feel some of these subtles things need to change and be revamped so as to keep interest amongst current fans and future ones!

Topic #2150 | Report this topic

cheezeburger  
Years ago

yeah howbout the sixers print jerseys with 'MEE' on the back of it.darnell is needed for us next season.hes is the best import in the league by far.he just pulled 17 7 12 4 1 in a finals game v crocs.hes a big game player unlike the whole team for our finals series, where we had no big game players.

Reply #24363 | Report this post

Jasmien  
Years ago

I think the changes made to the uniform for 2004-05 were for the better. I like the home jersey, I think it is the best the Sixers have had. It looks slick.

The away jersey has always been a problem. White is boring and the yellow away jersey of a few years ago looked nasty. However, I would rather them keep this look for at least a few more seasons. Changes were made for 2003-04 and then again for 2004-05. I like continuity with my sport teams.

Reply #24366 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The yellow jerseys from a few years back were the ugliest looking jerseys I had ever seen. All over yellow is not attractive. The white is much better, but needs quite a bit of coloured detail on it to "dress it up". I thought last year's white with the blue swirl pattern on the shorts looked really good. Even this past season's white with the blue Champion panel down the side takes away from just boring white.

Compared to other team's uniforms, both home and away, I've always thought the Sixers looked the best. With And1 not providing shoes this last season and everyone wearing what they wanted to wear, some of the other NBL team members were starting to look a bit shabby. The Sixers have always looked as though they dressed with pride.

Reply #24375 | Report this post

mixmasterwipe  
Years ago

I agree the panels on this years uniform looked great,but I can't stand the dumb word 'SIXERS' on the front.
Last years uniform with the large ADELAIDE 36ERS logo on the front looked heaps better.
A third red uniform would be a great idea,a reminder of the 36ers past.

Reply #24388 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

A return to the bold red would be fantastic. How about some retro outfits like the NBA? I just saw footage of the Bullets/Wizards in bright orange versus a royal blue Warriors. Fan-tastic.

Reply #24390 | Report this post

Kelly  
Years ago

I like the way the white uniform looks, but you can see through the material. You can see the player's knickers and back hair.

Ugh...

Reply #24401 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Men don't wear knickers..... Just imagine the Big Fella running the floor in a pair of knickers....
funny as

Reply #24416 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I've never seen any back hair either!

Reply #24418 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Remember the font used for numbers in seasons past? Never bring that back. It was difficult to read and looked crap. I don't like the Champion strip down the sides on the current one, but the contrast is good and the numerals font is much better.

Our blue is not far off that of the Bullets. With red, we'd match the Hawks.

Reply #24421 | Report this post

KOBE#8  
Years ago

Dosent Paul Rees wear a G-String? haha

Reply #24445 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I think it should be white for home and blue for away, like the NBA

Reply #24539 | Report this post

mike  
Years ago

i think they should have a bigger logo because its to small

Reply #58405 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

i think they should get rid of all the champion logos on the side, as well as getting rid of the SIXERS on the front and making it only the 36ers logo. throwing in an all red uni would be sick also.

Reply #58424 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:26 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754