ritz
Years ago

Hodge interviewed re Davidson's blog

Sorry guys linky wasn't working see below for article & link to the site...

Julius Hodge has responded to the blog from his former teammate while with the Adelaide 36ers, Brad Davidson, that labelled Hodge as "Self centred and deluded" and branded “The worst teammate I'd ever had on my team,” by Davidson on his website.

Less than 45 minutes after the Melbourne Tigers dropped their fourth consecutive game, and surprisingly lost for the second time with Hodge in uniform, I caught up with the flashy import to get his thoughts on the blog that had rocked the world in the past few days.

I asked Julius if he had read the blog that Brad Davidson had posted, and Hodge responded that he had, “Heard about it but not read it.”

Not to worry, I just happened to have a copy of it in my back pocket.

Julius read through the harsh words of Davidson, who amongst other things, questioned whether Hodge had given “everything” during his second stint in Adelaide last season and closed off with, “I think it’s sad that Julius is back.”

Hodge read through the blog in a very calm manner, and after a few minutes was done reading from start to finish.

His thoughts on the blog began with Hodge saying, “I think people fail to realize there are worse things going on in the world.

“Really it’s,” paused Hodge, “Wow.”

Hodge continued, “It’s just, worse things are going on out there for me to be bad mouthing Brad Davidson. If that’s what he feels like he has to do and bad mouth me, that’s his opinion. I would like to see him say it to my face. I know that wouldn’t happen. I guess that’s some people’s style, you’re never going to hear me bad mouth anybody. If I have anything bad to say about anybody, I’ll say it to their face.”

Taking the high road and not attempting to have a battle through the media, Hodge remained calm, but I needed to know if what Davidson's blogged had “hurt” the newest addition to the Tigers roster.

“No, it doesn’t hurt at all,” explained Hodge, “If Brad has a blog and he mentions the name 'Julius Hodge’ people are going to read it and pay attention to it. Now if it’s just Brad talking about Brad, no one is going to pay attention. So I understand it from a marketing standpoint, maybe he wants to be a radio personality or basketball commentator, so maybe that would be a good route for him. I wish the best for him and the 36ers.”

But Julius, you were compared to Anna Kournikova!!

Pulling out that trademark grin, Hodge answered, “She’s very beautiful and I would like to give a thanks to Brad cause he did know that by far I am the most handsome teammate he’s ever had. So, cheers mate.”

Julius Hodge and the Melbourne Tigers venture to Adelaide on December 5th for a battle with the 36ers that is sure to be the biggest regular season game of the season

http://www.gaze.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=196&catid=44&Itemid=126

Topic #21692 | Report this topic

billo  
Years ago

I caught up with the flashy import to get his thoughts on the blog that had rocked the world in the past few days

And the over-statement of the year goes to.......

Seriously though, I mean, it's good to build up a bit of hype for the game on the 5th, but it's all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it? How is Hodge supposed to react to that? Thought he handled it pretty well, jeez, any more of this and I'll start to feel sorry for the guy.

Reply #258375 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Stop fuelling him!

He's wetting his lips & will have a triple double against Adelaide.

What's Davidson doing anyway? Playing anywhere? Did he simply get cut by Ninnis?

Reply #258380 | Report this post

agent zero  
Years ago

shows how deluded Julius is IMO. To not know that your teammates thought you are a dick says more about him than anything else. Maybe the same reporter should go and ask McKinnon and Worthington what they think of Hodge right now. That would be worthwhile going by the rumours about.

Reply #258381 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Yawwwn...

Bring on 5 Dec.

Reply #258386 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

I dont agree agent 0. Hodge made it quite clear Davo wears 2 faces. All Davos comments were made post the collapse - they were probably fine before then. Always watch the ones with plenty of negatives to say - they are normally at fault or sport a massive chip on the shoulder.

Reply #258387 | Report this post

agent zero  
Years ago

so that means every player on the team wore 2 faces and Julius was a ok the whole time. seriously wtf are you thinking

Reply #258391 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

I have to admit Julius is handling the situation pretty well.

Reply #258392 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

orbit, perhaps the rest of the Sixers were professional enough not to make public comment whilst Hodge was a teammate, but felt the need to speak out after reading in the media comments by Hodge they felt were untrue and that reflected badly on Ninnis etc?

Reply #258407 | Report this post

Focus  
Years ago

The best thing we can do is forget about Hodge and focus on the 6ers season.
Whatever the issues between Hodge and the previous owners is history, and to be honest "who cares"
I have no doubt that we will never learn the actual truth, but I would like to bet that the previous management played a big hand in what went down, I also would bet that Hodge and his management did not handle the situation well.
An all round "F__)Up
We have new owners, a new team and so far so good, with improvements still to come.

Reply #258408 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I agree with Skin, thedoctor and Focus. But what the hey, this whole saga is just so entertaining!

Bring on more rivalry, more characters, more scandal and more interest generally in the Sixers and the NBL.

Reply #258409 | Report this post

Focus  
Years ago

XY, yes it is entertaining.
Are we pumping Hodge full of the ultimate motivation?, we may question his ethics, but we cannot question his on court ability.
Hate for it all to bite us!!

Reply #258410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and Hodge is 0-2 with both games at home and against teams outside the top 4! ouch.

Reply #258411 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

The man has never denied the fact he is an entertainer in an entertainment industry. He is a true professional in that sense. Lucky for him he can play some pretty good ball too.

Reply #258426 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Im thinking Gilchrist should dunk on him if he gets the chance.

Reply #258446 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Im enjoying the Hodge banter, he is still without doubt IMO one of the most talented we have seen in the league.

The big question is... who is going to stop him when he comes to town, who has got the D to stop the drive, lets face it, hold him up and make him shoot jumpers everyone will get a laugh :)

Of course.. if we dont do the D... we know who's gonna be laffin.

Reply #258462 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

funny thing is Hodge could actually shoot in college. He had a nice looking show and shot in the high 80's on free throws. Maybe he sold his jump shot on ebay?

Reply #258464 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

Focus we can give him all the motivation we please, but we cannot give him a jumper :P

Reply #258465 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

I like to see Davidson go up to him and say it in he's face at HT or FT. If it's on Fox, it'll be great TV VIEWING INDEED.

Reply #258475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We're equal first, who cares about Hodge!

Reply #258476 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Nice blog with heaps of opinions but where is Davidson? Pioneers, Woodville or Sturt? He must still be in the Lleyton Hewitt partof the world, even if he played his best in FNQ!

Reply #258478 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I am not game enough to make a comment in case it might jinx our game this Wednesday. A 36ers win regardless of which team it plays is crucial together with Perth losing their game against Townsville to see the 36ers on top of the ladder.

Reply #258902 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Sometimes I wonder whether the drive-by-shooting injury is the reason for his shooting style , since he had good shot earlier .

Reply #258905 | Report this post

Nikki  
Years ago

Julius Hodge will share his side of the story on Internet TV talkback basketball show live at 6pm (CST) with former Adelaide 36ers Kevin Brooks and Brett Maher and former coach Phil Smyth. Watch it live at http://www.australialivetv.com/insidethegame.

Reply #259327 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:55 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754