Years ago

Junior Eligibility

Just reviewing my Div 2 team scoresheets in preparation for finals and I noticed that a player has played for both club teams in that division.

Is that possible? What are the rules in relation to this matter? Once a player has played for one team in a Division, I thought that was the team they had to stick with.

Does that disqualify both teams for finals?

Topic #22389 | Report this topic

Sookysookylala  
Years ago

No a player can move between teams in a grade so long as they move up or down first.

ie, playing div 2, move down to div 3 for a week and then back up into the other div 2 team.

In div 3 and below, this can only happen between phases.

Reply #268673 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Not necessarily. A player can change from one team to another within a division within the first few rounds (5 rounds, i think), but can also change AFTER that first period as long as it is approved by BSA (and there's no requirement to go up or down a div for a week beforehand)

Chances are that there is nothing sinister going on, but if you suspect something funny is going on, send an email to your club secretary to ask BSA to investigate.

Reply #268676 | Report this post

Years ago

The player in question is not a star player, but it was something I noticed and thought it looked a little suspect.

Reply #268680 | Report this post

w  
Years ago

It won't disqualify teams from finals.

Reply #268684 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:13 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754