Quagmire
Years ago

Where to now for the Knicks?

Gilbert Arenas.

The last potential star available (i assume Washington still wants nothing more to do with him?)

Can / should the knicks gamble on a player, who if fit, can dominate in the D'Antonio system with Amare?

What would the knicks need to give up? Just a trade exemption for cap space?

What else can they do?

Topic #23322 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Gilbert could be had cheap, problem is his contract is terrible, and the Knicks now don't have enough cap space to absorb the majority of his contract and send a TPE back to Washington.

The Knicks don't have enough contracts at the moment to trade for Gilbert.

If I'm the Knicks, some of the names I'd go after include (with Felton and Alston my two priorities):

Jason Collins
Ray Felton
Theo Ratliff
Steven Hunter
Rafer Alston
Louis Amundson
Ime Udoka
Shaun Livingston
Javaris Crittenton.

Reply #282026 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

the Knicks are heading back to last place ;)

Reply #282027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe the Knicks will sign Felton from the above list.

Reply #282028 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I think the Knicks can get enough pieces to knock on the door of the playoffs.

You can lock in Miami, Orlando, Boston and Atlanta into the playoffs.

Chicago should make it with the addition of Boozer and Coach Thibodeau.

I think the Bucks will give it a crack as well with the addition of Maggette and Gooden, plus Salmons re-signing, a healthy Bogut and Jennings with a year under his belt.

Obviously, the Cavs drop out, and that leaves two places, which the Knicks, Cats, Pacers and maybe the 76ers and Pistons will fight it out for.

Wizards, I've got no idea on how they'll go. They could be pretty good or pretty bad.

Reply #282029 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Looks like there about to sign Felton to play point!

Reply #282030 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

I actually think the Cavs will be better than people think. I think that six teams should make it in the East (Miami, Orlando, Boston, Atlanta, Chicago, Milwaukee). Spots 7 and 8 could easily go to any of the other teams. I'd say Charlotte would be top of that list but after that any of those teams could easily surprise.

Reply #282053 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

Don't count out the cavs just yet , still gt jamison (15 ppg) Williams ( 20 ppg ) hickson varejo big z could come
back , Gibson , west , Anthony Parker . Jamario moon . And threy have Byron Scott at the helm who is renouned for taking underdog teams in posotive directions .

Knicks have reached agreement with Felton ... Korver and redick on moveo to bulls as well . www.Realgm.com

Reply #282064 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Arenas? Why would Knicks go after him, especially after the problems with Marbury!!!

The entire list of players put up there is crap!... Knicks should go after some savvy veteran PG and sign up some of their core young talent from last year! Possibly also look at some trades to bring over some decent star player who won't bring too much of an ego...

Reply #282076 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

AL Harrington (if head is in right place)
Josh Howard (if head is in right place)
Mike Miller
Patty Mills
Shaq... would get seats filled more often, and add a winning attitude to the team
Ray Allen if still free
Paul Pierce if still free
Shelden Williams if still free

Apart from Mills and Williams, the players may be older, but all add winning history except for maybe Miller and Harrington, which is something Knicks have lacked from players in last few season... Get them on for a few years, and get some good young guys in with some potential to learn from them!

Reply #282078 | Report this post

Mumma Mia  
Years ago

Ricey, do you even know anything about basketball or even follow it.

P Pierce is signed
Shaq is signed

Pat Mills has veteran winning experience?

Did you not notive who they brought over in the Lee trade?

Dont go for Arenas but go for a guy like Howard who not only admitted to doing drugs, but then proceeded to suck because of the media scrutiny. He would die in NY.

Their entire list is crap, but they should look to sign their your players, who are already on their list. What the?

Learn what exactly from Sheldon Williams?

In no part of your ramblings do you make sence or refrain from making yourself look like you are struggling to remember what you wrote 10 seconds before. I award you no points and we are all dumber for the eperience.

Reply #282087 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

Mumma Mia doesn't know much either by the look of it , coz shaq ain't signed either mate .

I agree with him they should sign their young players ie . Douglas Chandler and gallo ! So why are you saying "what the ? "

We are dumber from your experience too . Thanks

Reply #282091 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

didn't say Mills is a vet, or williams!

howard may have used drugs, but whatever, he needs a fresh start to get back on track and NY could be that if he gets his head on right!

PP, wasn't sure if he had signed as I hadn't heard anything about it to date!

did you note who they brought over from the Lee trade! career bench players at best who won't make a big impact nightly!

Reply #282116 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

FAir calls ricey !

Reply #282129 | Report this post

Josh  
Years ago

If i were donnie walsh, i would be looking for a good playmaker at the point, and a run and gun player to play on the wing. i'd be looking for a sign and trade with the spurs.
Al Harrington, Eddy Curry and Toney Douglas and a draft pick for Richard Jefferson & Tony Parker.

thats just one possibilty that i think looks like a playoff team and would thrive in Mike D'Antoni's fast paced offence and can compliment Amare' Stoudemire's inside game. Jefferson can spread the floor and Tony Parker is no stranger to the pick & Roll nor is Stoudemire.

Reply #282187 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Jefferson ain't spreading nothin but peanut butter. Dude is now richard efferson (no J)

Parker needs to be the primary focus, barring that, Gilbert.

Any word on the continued demise of T-Mac?

Reply #282197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jefferson had a down year in San Antonio because their offence was either to slow, or revolved around Ginobili, Parker or hill. he'd do better in a faster offence i reckon.

Reply #282218 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

All for jefferson and parker, buy why do people go on about arenas? He's not a long term or mid term fix, he's barely short term! He will be a negative just like marbury...

Reply #282225 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

So looks like the Knicks have secured Felton. Should be a good fit i guess, just not the star potential i was hoping for...

Speaking of stars, it would appear that Carmelo is on the knicks radar for next year...

A three player core of Felton, Amare and Caramelo would be interesting.

Include Randolph and Danilo...

Chandler too...

not bad.

Reply #282251 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

The knicks are gonna struggle with the team they have currently, probably will end up anywhere between 8th-12th spot in the east. You gotta question the decision to trade away all their draft picks for TMac.....I understand it was a play for Lebron but was it really worth mortgaging your future flexibility for?

Reply #282397 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

They just got Mozgov, the 7'1" Russian.. Good addition, is young, big, and can play both ends of the court and has a huge amount of potential... Guess we can expect another trade or two to happen with the players they got for Lee?

Mozgov
Amare
Gallinari
Douglas
Felton

not too bad of a starting lineup, not a huge name yet other than Amare, but looks good to me at the moment... plus chandler off the bench is great... only problem is the team looks a little too offensively minded!

hopefully they get Sergio back also, but can see him going elsewhere unless he can get the PT

Reply #282403 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

At Melo's wedding, Chris Paul said during a speech that "we'll form our own Big 3", in reference to himself and Melo going to the Knicks and teaming up with Amar'e.

http://linky.com.au/p43x8

Reply #282407 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:11 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754