orbit
Years ago

Shaq to Boston?

If it happens (& it sounds likely) i think it will be great for a no. of reasons. I've not been a Shaq fan since he left Miami but this move could spice up the East. Doc Rivers will take no shit from this 'most dominant big man ever' yet 'biggest locker room sook ever'& surely it will be his last crack at a title. Maybe Rashhed will come out of retirement also & make it more than a 2 horse race. Boston will give Shaq an environment that won't tolerate his crap! Thoughts?

Topic #23507 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

Wow. Why the hate for Shaq? He has been one of, if not the best, big men in the game.
Off the court, he has entertained us with his humorist and good-willed actions (Entry into AS game with the Jabowoceez was hilarious, seeing him in the Vanilla twighlight vid clip was crackup, loved the AS game interview where he dissed that guys red-suit etc.)
How could you not like the man?

Furthermore, safe to say he helped the guards of every team he played significant mins for elevate their games..Hardaway in Orlando, Kobe in LA and Wade in Miami.

Reply #285185 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

shaq is well past his even average days, watched some of his games last season and cringed, he would probably have a negative effect unless he is happy to rarely score at all and just rebound.

Reply #285188 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

is boston getting old with both oneals signing.

Reply #285197 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Hey Macdub i'm not a Shaq hater but since he stormed out of Miami & bad mouthed the organisation he's hardly been impressive at Phoenix & Cleveland in search of a title.
If he signs with Boston i believe Doc is the coach to get the best out of him & all of a sudden they have a dynamic '4' which kinda trumps Miami's big 3 albeit with much older legs.
Maybe Ray Allen can teach him to shoot foul throws as well as he is embarassing to watch in this dept.

Reply #285209 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

A "dynamic 4"? You've got to be kidding me. Maybe 8 years ago.

Miami's big 3 are all in their prime and will run rings around Boston. The only thing dynamic about the C's is Rondo (and maybe Avery Bradley).

Reply #285219 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Bad move IMO. The rebuilding process fort eh C's will be long and painful. They would ahev been better goign fro some youth given age of their roster

Reply #285263 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:54 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754