tip-off
Years ago

Wortho signs with Blaze

Mark Worthington has signed with the Blaze for 3 years

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2011/02/04/289191_gold-coast-blaze.html

Topic #24885 | Report this topic

waves  
Years ago

massive news for the Blaze, that's huge. Surely he would've got bigger money overseas.

Reply #306932 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Yes this is big news. He definitely would make some serious dollars overseas if someone wants him.

Is there a clause to go overseas in the contract if he receives an opportunity?

Reply #306935 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

So much for going after him next season. Oh wells.

Good to see he's hanging around at least.

Reply #306937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

great for the league to keep him.

Reply #306942 | Report this post

Dazzler  
Years ago

He could have played overseas this year but wanted to stay in oz for lifestyle/family reasons. Great news for the Blaze!

Reply #306951 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Havent looked at the stats and im sure someone will rebut this, but i dont see him as gamebreakerish as he used to be. Doubt he would be all the effective in Europe compared to the talent available now. Also if some guys find a way to play in europe during the nba lockout, would kill his chances all together, probs safest bet was to sign with Blaze now for security.

Reply #306952 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He was still effective in the fourth against Wollongong a while back. Can't do it every game (didn't before either), but still has the same potential to do it. Might be most effective with a disciplinarian as coach?

Reply #306957 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Quality player. Blaze are smart to wrap him and Gibson up as one of their marquee players, and build a team around him for the next few years.

Reply #306958 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I believe he doesn't have a Euro passport, which means playing as an import and a serious lack of job security. If he had a passport he could make a great living over there.

With the Blaze though, he is reported to have signed for 180ishK per year, that’s a pretty good living. And if he keeps playing the way he has the last 6 weeks the Blaze will get great value for money.

Reply #306962 | Report this post

kb3  
Years ago

1 player on 18% of the salary cap plus two imports plus a boomer guard, plus a hot young prospect. hmmm 1mill doesn't go far.

Reply #306967 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Hudson is on SFA. $180-odd-K for a club's highest paid player would be pretty average I would imagine.

Reply #306970 | Report this post

rebounder  
Years ago

The blaze haven't signed Gibson, Petrie or any imports next year... they have plenty of coin to go around

Reply #306972 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

On his current form, i would not be rushing to sign Gibbo.

Reply #306975 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Gibbo is awesome just ask him ;)

Reply #306976 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In the absence of that many superior, proven alternatives I think I'd probably lock in Gibson.

Reply #306985 | Report this post

GHOST  
Years ago

Well done Wortho I was hoping you would come back to Tigers

Reply #306993 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

For 120-130K I think Gibbo would be good value.

Reply #306997 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Serious Ballinger Fan? Gibbo has been fantastic lately. Other than that down game when they scored like 50-60 he's been consistent as hell. You could easily make an argument for him as the 2nd best PG in the league this year.

Wortho's been in MVP lately too. Huge signing.

Reply #307004 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

If he - and some of his teammates - do some off-season work on their bodies, it'll be a great signing but for now, the phrase "chubby like a baby" comes to mind. Has more talent in his little finger than most players have in their whole bodies but you gotta put the hard yards in.

Reply #307020 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

lol @ Moses, Gibbo is certainly nowhere near fat or chubby. Looks after his body, and has been known to be one of the strongest defenders for his size for quite some time. Very capable of guarding forwards on the switch. What a stupid comment.

Reply #307079 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Think he was talking about Wortho, bEn, in which case it would probably be a fair call.

Reply #307080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They got a gym at East now do they ben? And those drinks in short glasses with ice - I'm guessing they arent protein supplements?

Reply #307085 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Wortho obviously likes the GC lifestyle :)

Reply #307089 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:19 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754