Techfoul23
Years ago

NBL Referees Salary

For my subject at school, im doing my project on NBL/Referees. I need to find out how much they get paid. Is anyone able to tell me? Cheers

Topic #25101 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Try contacting the NBL or the state referees association.

Reply #310240 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I have been part of the workforce for several decades and have always believed that peoples' salary are confidential. Discussing fellow employee's salary has always been a no no in the workplace. I cannot for the life of me understand why your project needs to include salaries. It is none of anyone's business other than the employee and the employer who pays them.

Reply #310281 | Report this post

lotum  
Years ago

Doctors, Politcians, Footballers and Magistrates Salaries are well documented maybe on a positive note if a base rate of a referees salary is quoted it may interest people to join as well as for the love of basketball. Also it would be interesting to know minimum Certificate level and how they deal with the abuse and support structures. If we new their base salary we may also have a new compassion for what they do.

Reply #310339 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

EC just because it's like that in your workplace and your personal belief, doesn't mean it's should be or is like that for everyone.

Are you trying to tell me that you can't think of any good reasons why knowing a salary of a job is not beneficial? Lotum gives one good reason and I;m sure that will prompt further ones from there if you're struggling...

Reply #310371 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Cavolo, salaries for varies job levels are documented as a range between one figure and another but the individual salaries vary for a number of reasons, ie, accreditations, performance, bonuses, years of service etc. You are never privy to an individaul person's salary because it creates friction in the workplace as to why one person's pay might be different to another's when they are doing the same job.

Reply #310468 | Report this post

Just sayin  
Years ago

NBL Referees don't have a set salary, they are paid on a game by game basis, since some referees will only do about 5-10 games in a season.

This is only an estimation, but I believe rookie referees get approx $300 a game, and more senior refs (i.e. the aylen's and butler's) get approx $1000 a game. Thus why they all have full time jobs.

Reply #310619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Senior NBL don't get anywhere near $1000 a game until they get to the playoffs and then semi finals are worth 1 1/2 game payments and the grand final series in worth double payments.

Currently the payments are in the ball park of:
Level 1 $550
Level 2 $370
Level 3 $280

Reply #310700 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:17 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754