Todunk
Years ago

AUS U17 Third Camp

I have been told that the following have been picked for the Aus U17 Third Camp:

Sam Daly SA M
Dante Exum VIC M
Michael Luxford VIC M
Mirko Djeric NSW M
Jonathan Mbakwe NSW M
Jake Horstman VIC C
Matt Jackson VIC M
Jack Purchase VIC M
Felix Van Hofe VIC M
Nicholas Duncan NSW M
Siatua Solaese NSW M
Archie Smith QLD S
Cade Towers QLD S
Darcy Malone ACT
Fabijan Krslovic NSW M

There are still players who should not be there still.

Topic #25487 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

like who??

Reply #316611 | Report this post

areial 50  
Years ago

did your son not make the sqaud?

Reply #316612 | Report this post

Hopscotch  
Years ago

Glad a few of those under performing QLD South guys have been cut. Can't believe 1 more SA Metro kid didn't get in after the nationals he had...

Reply #316613 | Report this post

Todunk  
Years ago

areial 50

No I dont have a son in the Aus U17 list but my son plays with a player who was in the camp 1&2.

Also I dont think Luxford and 2 others should be included as they did not make the U18 National squads of their respective states.

There should only be 1 QLD in this squad

Reply #316617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sam Johns not in???????????????????????????????

Reply #316633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh wow, thats got to be the first time in history that someone has actually fessed up to *being* the complaining dad of a kid who missed out. Win.

Reply #316675 | Report this post

t-bird  
Years ago

who else should of made this team?

Reply #316704 | Report this post

Areial 50  
Years ago

Todunk, how can you say that players who did not make their respective state side do not deserve a spot...?

Luxford is one of the premier point guards of this age group....

Reply #316706 | Report this post

RugBaller  
Years ago

Areial 50

If Luxford is one of the premier point guards of this age group why wasn't he in the Vic National U18 Team?

I have no doubt he is a very good basketball player but the fact is he was not able to knock off a better player in the Vic state team

Reply #316736 | Report this post

t-bird  
Years ago

RugBaller, Luxford was in the emergency's and has been in the state team every single year for his age group. He is one of the best point guards in australia. Felix Von Hofe is a surprise, who is he

Reply #316739 | Report this post

Felix Von Hofe is a great player - hard working and with a nice shot . Real danger for the opposition when he gets going .

Reply #316744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #316745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw Felix Von Hofe's name playing a few games for the Melb Tigers BigV Champ team i believe, although he was just filling in i think

Reply #316746 | Report this post

imnoballer  
Years ago

Regardless of ANYONES thoughts, with only 15 names up it looks like the team will be made up from these kids - 10 who make it and 5 reserves. and even then not everyone will be happy.

but the forum is here to voice opinions - like them or not.

but because all of these players are UNDER 18
should any of you be making comments?????????

Reply #316764 | Report this post

revhead  
Years ago

Imnoballer, I think you'll find they take 12 to the Worlds.

Reply #316768 | Report this post

BAS  
Years ago

Defence wins game.

Agreed with your comments about defence. I do not know Felix and I dont know the types of play he can offer the team.

Reply #316776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: No commenting on ability of U18 players.)

Reply #316780 | Report this post

BAS  
Years ago

(Mod: Removed.)

Strength is an issue for Aus basketball. We have tall lanky players but with no strenght - and not effective in defence, especially in world games where big and strong boys from Europe and American are effective.

Reply #316794 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Naming U18 players in an official list is OK. Please no specific judgement/comments on the ability of players.

Reply #316795 | Report this post

BAS  
Years ago

Isaac - Agreed - I mentioned the first name rather than surname. However, will take note of your comments.

Reply #316799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Von Hofe & Purchase can both play, been doing well playing some Big V games and training with Tigers so both will go well against bigger & Stronger bodies.

Exum is the one out of this group who could be anything!

Reply #316832 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Exum is a real talent, totally agree.

On another note, Andrew Gaze interviewed his nephew Jack Purchase on Melbourne's SEN radio this morning at around 7:50am. With Justin Bieber currently in Melbourne, apparently he has been scrimmaging with Melbourne during his visit and Purchase was talking about it.

Reply #316865 | Report this post

Oh baby baby baby oh!!!

Reply #316875 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

BA have caught onto this story with Bieber as well...

Bieber hits Melbourne court for late-night scrimmage

Reply #316883 | Report this post

Europe  
Years ago

How come the kid who was average player 6 months ago is superstar now (JP)?

Reply #316895 | Report this post

Rhea  
Years ago

Apparently JP just didn't quite fit into state system in 16s, and narrowly missed selection. Was never a matter of talent.

Reply #316901 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:56 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754