dingodile
Years ago

Euro Clubs circling Creek?

Apparently a number of lower profile Euro Clubs are circling Creek since his performance at the world champs. Im worried about this, they are offering long term deals on good $$:( They reckon he can be on the boomers radar more so over there.

Will he take the deal or stay in Adelaide? For our sake I hope he stays. Also will Mitch be starting 5 this year?

Topic #25822 | Report this topic

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

Mitch has been offered Euro deals before being a 36er so nothing new here.

Reply #322606 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

I have no doubt that he would be on the radar of euro teams, probably bigger euro clubs as well. I don't think we are in danger of losing him this season but most likely next season, once his NBL contract expires.

I think he will play a 6th man role for us this season and if he stays will push to a starter the season after. He still needs to add a consistent jump shot to be fully effective at NBL level.

Reply #322608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I doubt he'll go to europe. he's more than likely going to college in the US to get exposure for the nba

Reply #322610 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

anon, he can't play college, he is already a paid professional so he wouldn't get in based on NCAA rules.

Reply #322612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has no choice but to stay in Adelaide for this season at least - he's contracted to.

Reply #322615 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Didn't he turn away Duke? Don't think you need to worry about him making the smart decision to jet off overseas anytime soon if that's the case

Reply #322629 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think he's smart enough to know that Marty Clarke will invest in improving the areas he needs to improve, whereas he would probably be a commodity for most clubs OS.

Creek has big dollars in front of him, the more he improves in the next few years the bigger those dollars will be. Rushing for mid level dollars now might not be the best for the long run.

Reply #322632 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Problem is he is a tweener.
Doesn't have the perimeter game to be a Guard, and is obviously undersized to be a forward or center.

Can imagine alot of clubs would be interested though, because once he develops a consistent shot, and the footwork, dribbling and lateral speed to be a guard, he can be one hell of a swingman (3 man).

He already has the athleticism, he is built like a sh** brickhouse and has the basketball IQ, fundamentals and desire to be a great international player.

Shall we try guess what leagues/countries are interested..
Id say perhaps the Spain LEB (2nd div comp)?

Reply #322635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I personally know Mitch and he has always said he is going to stick out his 2year contract with adelaide!

Reply #322639 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Yeah while I'm not mates with Mitch i do speak to him occasionally and i do know he wants to have a really good crack at the NBL, but seriously this guy has soooo much potential for just being 19 his whole basketball career is ahead if him, he's young and very competitive so i don't think he'll be in Australia for too long, boys got skillz...

Reply #322643 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Chose the panthers for the money so why not Europe. Would be double what the 36ers are paying, does he have a European out clause?

Reply #322644 | Report this post

SixerFan  
Years ago

Most likely outcome is he will play one more season in NBL then spend the next 10 years in Europe.

Reply #322648 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I too think he will stick around for 1 more season and see out his contract. If he continues to improve, bigger dollars will be thrown his way in 12 months (or thereabouts) time.

Reply #322651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

???, he'd get way more than double after 1 more season in the nbl... He'd be on about $80k at the sixers will get around $600k in Europe, in 2 yrs and go up from there, if he continues developing.

Reply #322652 | Report this post

Years ago

PS: Funny thing is ppl have said he should have played footy because that's where the money is.... hahahah get your heads out of ur asses... Australia is a small fish as is our National sport.

Reply #322653 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

$80k? Can anyone confirm whether this is true?
I thought he would be on 50-60k, but I really have no idea..can anyone enlighten me?

Reply #322655 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I doubt very much that he will get anywhere near $600K in Europe at this point. I doubt he'd get half of that right now. Give him a few years and a jump shot and that is definitely possible. Does he have a European passport? Without that he is prob 3-4 years away from a contract in any sort of decent league unless he improves dramatically.

Reply #322660 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Why hasnt he got a jump shot already with all training had and where is he going to find one as will need as another poster said he is not tall enough to flourish to elite level in NBL or higher without . But certainly cant afford to lose him this year

Reply #322662 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I would say he gets about 50-60k here. I doubt he would get anywhere close to 600k over there thats more Newley and Ingles level. He probably would get 150-300k there but if he plays well then it would double.

As I have said previously I have labeled Clarke's 3 year rebuilding plan as just an excuse because Creek would probably leave after his contract is up. This is probably what will happening and also DJ could end up going to a new team next year. That leaves Clarke's 3 year plan about as good as Snake Oil.

Reply #322663 | Report this post

Offer  
Years ago

I heard South will match any European offer...

Reply #322675 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:58 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754