BALLER#3
Years ago

Macedonia vs Lithuania!

Crazy upset by the Macedonians! Got the W 67 - 65.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2QGqCDoAzg&feature=channel_video_title

I think they like that they got the win...

Topic #26323 | Report this topic

fstos  
Years ago

Probably their greatest ever win in a big tournament. Lithuania would be shattered by that result. Macos going nuts.

Reply #330915 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Probably their greatest ever win in a big tournament. Lithuania would be shattered by that result. Macos going nuts.

Reply #330916 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

An amazing result considering most players are from the Macedonian league.Imagine a unified ex-Yugo team with Macedonia/Croatia/Serbia/Bosnia /Slovenia-maybe the only team to come close to rivaling the US.

Reply #330922 | Report this post

Avv  
Years ago

I think the current Spanish team would rival the US.

If you compare the current squad to the one that took the US to the brink in the 2008 Olympic gold medal game:

- Marc Gasol is better than in 2008
- They now have Ibaka
- Calderon is available (was injured for the gold medal game)

Reply #330945 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ringlord, they would have a great catchment to draw on. It's one of the few places (outside of basketball stadiums) I've been where walking around with my brother, he just didn't stand out. We might've been waiting in an airport (I'm 6'3", he's 6'9") and there'd be 4-5 other guys in the same immediate area that were 6'9" or taller. Very passionate ethnic groups (to put it politely) so I can imagine they'd fire up for big games as well.

Reply #330948 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

You have to remember that the Macedonia team is mostly role players around McCalebb, who is just unstoppable, and Ilievski who is an experienced big guy who can shoot. It just shows again that if you have people playing their roles you can beat more talented teams.

With Calderon possibly injured for the SF it gives Macedonia a little bit more of a stiff. That would be one of the biggest upsets in tournament history.

Reply #330959 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

Isaac,did you notice the height of the women on the coast(especially Montenegro) yet women's basketball hasn't really made a mark in that part of the world.Maybe they need some of our Aussie coaches?

Reply #331047 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

god damn it, lithuania will be pissed.

they are such a good team, so many good kids coming through as well.

have they got their best guys there??

Reply #331168 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:18 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754