jacob
Years ago

NBA League Pass questions

Hey guys. just wondering if anyone can give me the rundown on league pass.

is it worth it ? How much ? What's it like setting up ?

And does you broadband plan affect it ?

Because im that keen but i just wanna hear peoples opinions .

thanks

Topic #26940 | Report this topic

Daddy J  
Years ago

1) Definitely woth it.
2) Varies from year to year. I only had it for the finals last season and that was around $80 US.
3) It's run through NBA.com so there is no set up at all.
4) You need an ADSL plan that is at 3mbps or faster. Especially if you want it streaming at a decent quality. Usually takes about 1.5 GB of bandwidth per game.

Hope this helps.

Reply #340614 | Report this post

jacob  
Years ago

Cheers mate. well im definitely keen. im a cavs fan so its hard enough to see a ggame on tv these days let alone a friccen cavs game. i just hope I've got the broadband for it .

Will it use less of my downloads if i don't watch it live ? Im usually working in mornings.
And is the quality good live ?

Wish nbl had league pass

Reply #340616 | Report this post

UTBNB  
Years ago

I'd rather pay $200 for the entire season + playoffs on demand (plus $50 p/ month broadband) than $120 or whatever it is for foxtel a month. The only issues I had with LP was the crap they played during timeouts and breaks ect also a fast forward button that doesn't lag would make it A+

Reply #340627 | Report this post

Daddy J  
Years ago

@UTBNB - Totally agree with you re the constant elevator music during the breaks. I didn't have any issues with the FF button though. Probably because my download sync speed is always over 11 mbps.

@Jacob - It will probably use less bandwidth if you watch the game on demand rather than live. You can skip the time-outs, quarter time breaks etc that way. If you're watching it live, you can't skip ahead obviously.

There are several different resolutions to watch the games. In my experience, on a 60" tv, the 2400kbps (or there-abouts) version is sufficient.

Reply #340633 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

These guys have generally covered it Jacob, but I highly recommend it for any NBA junkie! :D

On demand will suck down less data than live. It is often better to watch it on demand as well I find, as you don't get all the ad breaks, which are very repetitive and pretty nauseating after awhile.

With regard to ad breaks, I actually preferred the previous season, when it was a little less professional and they'd often just leave the feed for the commentators running. You'd actually hear what they REALLY thought sometimes! And you'd get Doug Collins working with the techs to prepare a play analysis for when they return from the break. Quite insightful at times.

Reply #340641 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Stupid question - but are there commentators for every game? or just the ones that are otherwise broadcast by ESPN/TNT...

Reply #340681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

every game is on tv somewhere, so there are commentators.

Reply #340693 | Report this post

If you're an NBA fan, you need League Pass. Worth every cent.

Reply #340730 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:12 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754