Spinner
Years ago

Hawks v Cairns in Cairns

Too bad that Hawks over Cairns at their home and Sixers will be done again at the Arena on Sunday. Won't change until Marty is gone!

Topic #27353 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

You must be a charming person to live with.

Good win by the Hawks, responding to the import change made. Meagre minutes for Catron too.

Reply #347329 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Why is that Isaac? Because I don't like Marty as a coach, or because I dare to say what most fans agree with.

These are the facts:-

- So far his NBL record stands at 14 and 30
- Many close games are lost by questionable rotation decisions
- He has no idea how to communicate witht he fans and makes stupid comments like w/l doesn't matter
- Nothing changes - the game style is persisted with regardless of the poor results
- The Sixers haven't played finals for a few years and don't threaten the to loo like it for a while
- He has two of the best young players in the League and one of the best imports
- Players that have left his program and moved to other teams are playing far better than they did under him

I will keep getting my season tickets and going to every home game as I have done for the past 13 years, but surely, I am not the only disappointed fan!? Other comments on this site and in the paper from Boti would suggest that I am not alone here - perhaps I go on about it more than others, but that may have more to do with logging on after a few wines!!

Reply #347361 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Agree with you spinner, but not sure it needs to be mentioned how incompetent he is as an nbl coach in a Hawks Cairns thread!?

Great too see the Hawks win one, they have fast become my second favourite team besides the 36ers. If they get Ubaka, like ive said, i bet they will finish above the 6ers this season.

Reply #347362 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

At least have some hope rather than writing them off before the game's even been played. That's such miserable pessimism, whatever the record is. Or start a Hawks-Taipans thread and actually talk about the game in question. I opened it and... Great, more sulking about Marty.

Hawks were on a big losing streak, sacked an import without a replacement on court, played on the road, barely played their other import, and their fans still supported them. The players talk about how their fans do that.

Reply #347365 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Guess Adelaide fans have been spoilt and expect too much? Id much rather have the Hawks coach, i believe a coach like that gives fans reason to support, even when the chips are down.

Reply #347383 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

there are plenty of other Sack Marty threads why start another under the headline Hawks Vs Cairns in Cairns?

Reply #347421 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cairns

• Jeff Dowdell (17)
  • Kerry Williams (8)
  • Aaron Grabau (7)
  • Andrew Warren (-1)
  • Dean Brebner (-3)
  • Deba George (-5)
  • Ian Crosswhite (-8)
  • Jamar Wilson (-14)
  • Alex Loughton (-15)
  • Brad Hill (-16)

Wollongong
  • Mat Campbell (11)
  • Tim Coenraad (8)
  • Oscar Forman (7)
  • Rhys Martin (5)
  • Larry Davidson (4)
  • Joevan Catron (4)
  • Glen Saville (1)
  • Tyson Demos (-4)
  • Daniel Jackson (-6)

Reply #347648 | Report this post

snake5  
Years ago

Isaac, would have to agree based on that game alone...although some in the red did redeem themselves in Adelaide to some degree.

One guy who stays in the red for me is Deba George. On current form, I would only sub him for a dead player (maybe...)

Reply #347788 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hill was pretty good in the match-up in Wollongong I saw. I think George is a bit surplus if Cairns are at full strength.

Reply #347830 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:41 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754