Anonymous
Years ago

Wilkey vs Nash, talking trash

Has this guy completely lost it or what?
Not quite sure why he's trying to be an enforcer now he is back at Centrals but when you repeatedly tell Mark Nash to f... off back to Hobart and that he'll break his jaw again, well may be time to seek some help!
We all know that Nashy is such a disliked, dirty player and would have thoroughly deserved this outburst!!!!
And kudos to the brave ref who heard this tirade and did nothing about it.

(Mod: I have pulled this back a bit, but left the core point intact. I guess the questions here are whether that talk is reasonable. I have had one suggestion that this thread be removed and will do so if others concur.)

Topic #2744 | Report this topic

Mo'bags  
Years ago

Ease up there anonymous, word on the street is that Nash STILL has a grudge against Justin, and Justin went up to shake his hand at the end of the game but Nash wouldn't have a bar of it. Then the trash between the 2 of them started. No doubt Nash is not normally like this, but IT HAPPENED.
Maybe you should change the title to "Nash - Get over it".

Reply #31000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whats the issue between them from?

Reply #31002 | Report this post

broken  
Years ago

Get off of Wilkey man! He is a good guy. They probably were joking around becaus Wilkey is the reason for Nashy breaking his jaw a few years back.

You guys need a life.

Reply #31003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

broken, which guys need a life? or do you mean guy? i can only see one person not siding with wilkey.

wishing that someone would break their jaw doesnt sound like joking around to me.

Reply #31004 | Report this post

Mo'bags  
Years ago

Broken, there wasn't any joking going on, Nash has issues with him.

Reply #31006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no need to bag the referee in this circumstance. I heard that he was not in the area when the trash talk occurred!!

Reply #31012 | Report this post

Nashnoob  
Years ago

Maybe Nash is still Crying over Wilke dropping 46 points on him a couple of years ago at the plex - is obviously still haunting him!

Reply #31016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i dont think that nash would be crying he plays basketball as a career. wilkey was lucky to even get a chance to train with the sixers.

Reply #31017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As far as Im concern Wilkey still has a future in basketball where as Nash has come to the end of his carrer in basketball. WHO is gonna pick him up with that sensitive back of his.

Reply #31018 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Please keep this on track, OK?

And I guarantee you that at least two NBL clubs are interested in Nash this year, so I guess that answers the last point!

Reply #31019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a future at starplex and thats about it. i bet wilkey does not make nbl, not a chance.

Reply #31020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wilkey can shoot. Thats it... he struggles in all other areas of the game.

Nash is the complete player who has a championship ring...

End of argument.

Reply #31021 | Report this post

Mo'bags  
Years ago

Peoples, the tread wasn't talking about their games, just the incident last Saturday night.

Reply #31037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True MoBags, but how often to threads ever stay on topic :)

Reply #31038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Things get said by alot of people in the heat of the moment. Both these guys are good players and great guys off the court. Isnt it best we just leave it at that and let them sort out their differences between each other.

Reply #31039 | Report this post

Mo'bags  
Years ago

Anon 31039, agree with the great guys comment etc etc, and if we all agree on that, then we would also surely agree that Justin would have been extremely apologetic, and, felt really bad for ACCIDENTLY breaking Nash's jaw at a training session. There is no way in the world he would have meant it, but, Nash still holds a grudge, which is what I stated in my first post.
These things happen all the time at trainings in many sports, it just happens. I thought it was uncalled for and he needs to get over it (hopefully he is over it now that he has said what he wanted to say to Wilkey).

Reply #31040 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

They don't call him Justin "easy elbow's" wilkey for nothing wilkey doesn't discriminate when it comes to who gets it. Nash isn't his only victim, and he just got it bad it was an accident; he needs to get over it. And as if wilkey was lucky the first time he good a look in at the sixers. He was one of the best players in the league that year and deserved the opportunity that he was given by the sixers.

Reply #31059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mo'bags,
Nash KNOWS it was an accident when Wilkey broke his jaw.
The only person that needs to get over it is your mischievous, Centrals biased arse.
For whatever reason Wilkey lost it and said what was clearly stated at the start of this thread.
The only reason there was any discussion between the 2 of them at the end of the game or no shaking of hands were because of the comments that were made DURING the game by Wilkey.

Reply #31066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the language used by Wilkey totally inappropriate, It breached the ABL Code of Conduct. Blasphemy has no place in sport.

Reply #31067 | Report this post

Bootlegs Buddy  
Years ago

Nearly everyone does some trash talking at one time or the other. It is done mainly to put people off their game. (It doesn't always work)

During this night in question, there was 'trashing' by both parties.

I don't always agree with some of the language used by players but the referees are the ones that should be picking this up.

Both of these boys are really good players. What happened to the unwritten rule:

'What happens on the court, stays on the court!'

Nash being a good Christian lad, where was the forgiveness, tolerance and kindness to your fellow man.

Reply #31098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why was wilkey wishing that nash would break his jaw again? thats pathetic.

Reply #31099 | Report this post

Bootlegs Buddy  
Years ago

I admit that doesn't sound like the nicest of things to say but when you are trying to put someone off their game you don't say things like 'I like what you have done with your hair, I was thinking of getting a similar style!'

By the way what did Nash say prior to this?

Reply #31103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i believe they were talking trash right through the game . Then wilkey went to shake hands and mark just walked in other direction or somthing like thats. So then wilkey got pissed off and told him where 2 go .

I think there would have 2 more to this than what we know.

Reply #31246 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:12 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754