clarky
Years ago

2004 Pacers/Pistons Brawl Article

Jonathan Abrams of Grantland has posted an oral history of the 'Malice at the Palace' brawl between the Pacers and Pistons back in 2004.

IMO, this is possibly the best piece which has been posted on Grantland since it started up. It gives a different perspective/insight into the events of that night from the perspective of players, coaches, team staff and bench officials (scorers, stats etc).

Check it out HERE

Topic #27676 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Great find and thanks for posting. I'm edging down the page, comment by comment knowing each escalation that comes next. It's like a tense movie.

Stephen Jackson (guard/forward, Pacers): [Toward] the end of the game, I recall somebody on the team told Ron, "You can get one now." I heard it. I think somebody was shooting a free throw. Somebody said to Ron, "You can get one now," meaning you can lay a foul on somebody who he had beef with in the game.

Reply #352455 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Read that this morning, great read. Recommended.

Reply #352461 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Without spoiling the article, I found one of the most interesting bits was how the Pacers felt when Artest demanded a trade.
Something I normally would not have thought about. Very good read.

Reply #352464 | Report this post

fisherman  
Years ago

eddie gill was in it.

Reply #352467 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Why no spoiler alert???? Now I know what happens in the end. Thanks a lot guys......

Reply #352475 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I had a good 30 min ready of the article earlier this morning and it's an awesome piece. Great views and insight from people.

I do hope we never seen chaos like that in the NBA though. What a shocking evening black eye for the sport.

Reply #352545 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:24 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754