Olympic Qualifying Tournament quarter-finals

Game 13 (A1 v B2): Greece v Nigeria
Game 14 (B1 v A2): Lithuania v Puerto Rico
Game 15 (C1 v D2): Russia v Angola
Game 16 (D1 v C2): MKD v Dominican Republic

Topic #28688 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greece OUT. Lose to Nigeria by a point!!!! Didn't see that coming.

Reply #369335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greece OUT. Lose to Nigeria by a point!!!! Didn't see that coming.

Reply #369337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unbelievable game to watch! The Nigerians were so gutsy it was amazing, I'm ecstatic that either the Nigerians or the Dominican Republic will be attending the games!

Heres hoping that they both get a win in the Semis.

Reply #369357 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It was truly amazing. I think I will be telling people in many years that I was at that game. Great emotion in the building today, just a shame PR couldnt ride it home past Lithuania. Barea killed them.

Reply #369363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was an absolute blinder of a game to watch. The Greeks played brilliant offense as usual through Spanoulis but the Nigerians had too much heart in the end.

The contrast in styles were amazing to watch, the precision and execution of the Greeks compared to the raw power, speed and athleticism of the Nigerians was absolutely fascinating. From what I saw, the Nigerians executed probably only 3-4 plays the entire game while the Greeks were running like clock work and still ended up losing. Quite hard to believe especially if you saw the first half where Nigeria was down by as much as 13 points at one stage and having Al Farouq Aminu in foul trouble.

If you guys have the chance to watch a reply I highly recommend it, the final moments of the game were simpy stunning. With all the massive shots hit by both teams and the final defensive play by Nigeria to seal the deal.

The result is an upset but it wasn't unsurprising, most of the Nigerian players are naturalized Americans who hold duel passports and all compete at high levels across Europe and the USA. If they end up qualifying for the Olympics and they start actually playing well as a team they may cause a few upsets.

Reply #369374 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:06 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754