The guru
Years ago

Blaze situation still unclear

Just announced by BA

Great news, don't think the Nbl could survive another team collapse.

Now can we expect some more signings by all teams?

Wortho leaving frees up a lot of cap space for blaze so maybe all is not lost?

Topic #28780 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any links Thomas or are you just trolling as per normal?

Reply #370627 | Report this post

The guru  
Years ago

I am the guru, not Thomas...

Yeah it was just announced on abc radio. Most trustworthy media outlet there is.

Reply #370628 | Report this post

The guru  
Years ago

They had Scotty derwin on as the BA representative.

Reply #370629 | Report this post

Ariel 86  
Years ago

Tomlinsons start with a free slate plus administration/training expenses covered by the council, but local businesses still out of pocket. Still playing out of the GCCC and got the fancy scoreboard. VA cheques not received yet. Joyce still owes his lawyers over $200k.
The miracle fan stepped in with a magic cheque at midnight!

And people say it was never a setup.

Reply #370630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great news for the nbl and the peopple that follow it!! We need more! Not less teams! All clubs n ba and may be a fiba rep 2 sit down and go through the way our leauge is in comparison 2 europe ect. Have a differnt view or out look on how things a run? I no we cant compare on the money side! Just 2 have a stable and a even comp for all to watch and support! Even for boomers program, get the supporter involved!

Reply #370633 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Spoken to 3 GMs/CEO's who are actually in Melbourne at the NBL CEO meetings today. All 3 said they haven't been told. So not official yet, don't get too excited.

Reply #370635 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

That would be nothing new Nat

Reply #370637 | Report this post

Tiny Tyson  
Years ago

Interesting take on it Ariel 86. I wonder what Joyce is thinking now about his decision to be a smart arse and try and play the system all those years ago by refusing to sign the NBL Contract. Also interesting that he is the only one in this sorry mess who is looking to get paid for work he never actually did.

Surely if its just a set up to save money the owners would just let the club die and walk away with some hefty tax writeoffs?

Reply #370639 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Ha! Very true BJF

Reply #370640 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2012/07/17/432111_gold-coast-blaze.html

Nothing has been decided yet.

Reply #370650 | Report this post

Venom  
Years ago

I have not doubt the Tomlinson's intentions are genuine for the Blaze, I just don't like putting the same crew that burnt $12.5million in 5 years and left people out of pocket could look anyone in the face and be taken seriously to run a ball club.

The other GM's would not want the Blaze to collapse as it would effect TV rights / sponsorship for the league as a whole - I believe BA will assist the Blaze secure some sort of guarantee for this season, but will be pushing all clubs along the more integrated community model when KK takes the job 4/8. (Especially the Blaze who need to be around more than another season and blow up spectacularly again)

The whole Joyce thing is bizarre - contract is a contract regardless of what he did or didn't do. He didnt sign an nbl contract and got burnt. Blaze burnt alot of people so join the club. The end

Reply #370659 | Report this post

Hopeful  
Years ago

Is this thread actually correct ?? There is nothing anywhere else posted online etc

Reply #370697 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, Thomas has of course jumped the gun and is posting crap as usual.

BA has just issued a press release requiring further information before the Blaze can be endorsed for 2012/13:

The club's owners have been asked to confirm the following by 31 July 2012:

- Irrefutable evidence that the club is able to put in place the current NBL required bank guarantee of $1 million;

- Detailed confirmation of major funding sources, as well as evidence of the working capital requirements of $500,000; and

- Absolute and unconditional assurance that the debt outstanding to BA will be paid no later than 31st August 2012.

These licensing requirements are consistent with those previously put to the owners of the Blaze by Basketball Australia.

Reply #370700 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Thomas reminds me of Roger from American Dad with his never-ending supply or aliases.

Reply #370705 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Deadline last Friday.
Deadline then Monday.

Now Deadline 31st July.

How many fkn chances do these tw!ts want?

Reply #370711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice work Thomas, I called you out as soon as you posted this crap this morning and yet you still carried on this charade.

Do everyone a favour and just stick to OzHoops and spare everyone else from having to read your crap on here

Reply #370712 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mutley, does this Roger keep getting asked to leave the party but returns over and over without being smart enough or polite enough to take the hint? This one is a sad troll.

Reply #370715 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I'm in a rare good mood today Isaac, so I tried to find a positive.

Reply #370718 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:16 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754