Happy Days
Years ago

Daniel Dillion signs in Romainia

http://www.eurobasket.com/transactions.asp

Topic #29208 | Report this topic

McMillan  
Years ago

It's a 5 month contract worth 25kaus and free accom. Nothing special...

What's the league like?

Reply #377955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

25k and free accomm for 5 months better than twiddling ur thumbs over the summer in Australia though ?

Reply #377971 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

NBL really needs 10 teams, there's virtually no chance of keeping players like Dillon here with only 80 positions available, and who would want to be an NBL player if you had to go to lowly european leagues just to keep a job. Still, if Dillon stayed at Cairns I'm sure he'd prefer that to Romania...

Reply #377972 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I should say stayed at Cairns before bolting for Melbourne, then the defunct Gold Coast - but I'm sure you all got that :)

Reply #377974 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

He is a better player than a few in the league so it is appears it is not a matter of talent or lack of teams that sees him having to chase a gig OS for 25K plus a 1 bedroom comunist era appartment and a used Darcia Lodgy to drive around in. My guess is that his value here would be in the 50-60K per season range. One can only wonder what Luke Martin, Demos, Robbins, Williams, Barlett, Cedar(s},Lewis,Norton etc are getting but would be in that sort of range.

Reply #377992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dillon was on a fair bit more than that last season.

Reply #377995 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

If Brisbane came back they could sign him

Reply #378011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's riding in the front seat of the Karma Bus!

Reply #378019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's funny how you all sit there commenting when you have no idea about anything you are writing. Firstly don't "guess" what he is on per season when you are clearly wrong with your guesses! Secondly you have no idea why he chose to play in Romania so keep your useless comments to yourself. If you can't be happy for someone and see the positives in what they do then don't comment at all. McMillan it may not be anything special for you but we don't see your name pop up on any news headings and obviously Daniel is special enough for you to sit there reading about him and making the effort to comment. I see a talented professional basketball player riding in the front seat to success :)

Reply #378062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pay cut, crap league, good life experience, great travel opportunities. Good and bad for Daniel.

Reply #378063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has a job playing professional basketball, good luck to him.

Reply #378073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ooh Dan's Mum isn't happy.. Grow Up and move on if youre thin skinned.

Reply #378146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Being happy for someone doing so well in life has nothing to do with being thin skinned. Haters are gonna hate. You can only expect basketball obsessed fans that are so depressed in their own life to sit here criticising the ones they envy because Daniel has achieved much more than any of you losers ever will. By the way "Dan's mum" wouldn't give you the privadge I have to even waste a second writing back to your useless comments. Find another hobby you jealous LOSERS!!! Hahaha

Reply #378152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Karma's a bitch hey?

Reply #378154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jealousy is a curse hey?

Reply #378155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daniel could be a bit jealous now, but I think he'll just get on with it.

Reply #378162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOLLLLLLL Daniel jealous? Hahaha please I'm 100% sure he hasn't even met any of the losers that are so fascinated by his life and career. I'm done wasting my time on envious low life's like this. Have fun reading and leaving negative comments about a star that is the best in what he does.. Playing basketball- while you all sit there ready articles about him and the closest thing you have to ball is the TV screen :)

Reply #378163 | Report this post

Barry  
Years ago

A star that is the best at what he does would not be playing semi pro romanian league.

Reply #378175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because he CHOSE to go there. Did you need to be reminded that HE parted ways with the tigers? He is best at what he does all you haters need to come to terms with that. None of you personally know him so you have no idea why he chose to go there. Keep your rude jealous comments to yourself

Reply #378176 | Report this post

Barry  
Years ago

Seabl is a higher standard than romanian league. Do u tuck dan into bed at night also?

Reply #378177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah I leave the tucking in for your mum to do

Reply #378183 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Geez mate, Daniel Dillon is in the public eye as a professional basketball player. I wish him all the best in Romania and I hope it works out well for him. You need to realize that when a player is in the public eye, he's going to get noted and criticized for any decision he makes. The criticism is that he appears to have taken a step back by going to Romania. But that is probably more to do with him being squeezed out of the league after Gold Coast folded. I can't speak for him, but I would think he would rather be playing here.

I don't think anyone is hating on Dillon. They're just making comments from a fans point of view about a professional player and the decisions he's made over the last few years. Gotta take the good with the bad.

Reply #378265 | Report this post

chewie  
Years ago

Classic over reaction. Seriously......relax. Who knew peeps talked about basketball players on a forum called hoops?

If only Julius Hodges mum had joined a thread a few seasons back. :)

Reply #378271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Comments about karma being a bitch is just a "fans" way of making comments hahahahaha that's the first I've heard. Seeing positives in a good player and defending him against all these negative garbage comments automatically makes the person his mum? Apart from the person defending him you all need to grow up and stop trying to put someone down regardless of whether they are in the public eye or not.
I agree with all the positive comments for Dillon that are putting these haters where they belong. Good work

Reply #378284 | Report this post

Artie  
Years ago

Bbbbaaaahahaha all the negativity got shut down nicely. This person knows how to leave someone speechless niceeeeeee

Reply #378563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You must be his dad and brother.

Reply #378568 | Report this post

Artie  
Years ago

Nah I ain't either but it does amuse me how that is the oh comeback everyone has. Ohh you must be his mum ohhh you must be his dad and brother (nice combo by the way) give it up and move on isn't there someone else you can try putting down now because this has well expired. Peace

Reply #378571 | Report this post

Artie  
Years ago

Only*

Reply #378572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or

Walked out on Tigers and now plays in a low level competition for much less money?

Good luck to Daniel, he's a good guy and he'll make the best of the situation he is in, but the people who make out like everything is rosey for him make me laugh.

Reply #378580 | Report this post

Gary  
Years ago

If he wasn't Tragardh's lap dog and followed him out of Tigers he wouldn't be playing in Romania. It would probably be Goulding instead. Dillon was on a good wicket at Melbourne and had no reason to leave.
But whatever, we all stuff up and I'm sure he will bounce back.

Reply #379975 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

This forum has died in the ass over the last couple days, so just for some comic relief, I'm bringing this gem back into the fore.

Classic anon up here^ crazy as a cut snake hahaha.

Reply #450588 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:08 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754