Anon
Years ago

Kevin Smith fired from Kings

Heard it here first! Kevin Smith fired from the Kings.

Topic #29221 | Report this topic

pwned  
Years ago

Source?

Reply #378138 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

A very good one!

Reply #378139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Source ???

Reply #378141 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

BBQ sauce.

Reply #378142 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I will not name my source but it is 100% accurate.

Reply #378143 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

what did he do?

Reply #378144 | Report this post

Watcher  
Years ago

Your "facts" are NOT correct.

Reply #378145 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rumour is on two other sites also. Didn't impress during the pre-season so gone and possibly replaced by Kevin White.

Reply #378149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah because Kevin White has impressed them so much. Thought they might give Opacic another go

Reply #378153 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

I heard there was trouble weeks ago. Something about Smith's failure to proclaim Heal as his childhood hero.

Reply #378156 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Something about Smith's failure to proclaim Heal as his childhood hero.

Gold!

Reply #378157 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

Shane Heal saw potential that he could be a great point guard in the NBL for many years and win more than two championships so he had to go.

Reply #378160 | Report this post

Venom  
Years ago

Wow - hawks killing queens and tigers. Queens lose an import so Seth Scott next or did he show enough last game ?

Reply #378164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I will hate to be or to become a member ove the kings and tigers! Unorganized and ego taking over the club! Just look at perth how they go about it! If all teams were the same, the nbl would be a strong! Then we would have a chance at keeping or bringing strong imports!

Reply #378178 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Wow - hawks killing queens and tigers. Queens lose an import so Seth Scott next or did he show enough last game ?

lol... Hawks "killing" (within single figures is hardly "killing") teams that have about 4-5 seasons less time together, and in the case of the Kings, it was their first game as a team after being all together for about 10 days... Hawks were certainly better, and without both imports (Oscar was killing it very easily from outside) but Crosswhite and Harvey are both being eased back into the line up with considerably less minutes than what they would be getting... When the teams were playing properly in the first quarter/half, Kings were up and running a lot better...

Also, I'm sure this has been mentioned plenty of times elsewhere, but Smith wasn't an import, just because he was american born... he has NZ citizenship, so was playing as a local...

Reply #378182 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I like Smith's game. But i'm also excited to see where they will spend his 7 player points now. Too bad Dillon has already signed o/s.

I'd like to see them get someone like Nevill, although he's rated as an 8.

Reply #378184 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

100% true, heard it over the weekend from some nbl players and just thought it was public knowledge already so didn't think anything more of it, until I read this.

Reply #378185 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I like Smith's game. But i'm also excited to see where they will spend his 7 player points now. Too bad Dillon has already signed o/s.

I'd like to see them get someone like Nevill, although he's rated as an 8.

Disappointing that it didn't work out, really, as for 7pts, the potential was there to be a valuable back up...

Dillon would just fill an already crowded back court, and while Nevill is a quality player, not sure that he and Crosswhite would be a good fit... I don't like his chances of getting re-rated down to a 7 after being rated down from a 9 already... What's Nevill doing now? no word on him going OS?

I'm still spewing that they acted so quickly to fill their roster and missed out on trying to squeeze Petrie in... would have been a perfect fit and a great rotation with Crosswhite and Lazare...

We've got the players already to fill the void at SF, what we need to make the most of now is getting another decent big... Just not that many around...

Reply #378189 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Nevill is likely to sign overseas, although i'm not 100% sure the number of offers he has. I know of at least 1, but i'd say there's more.

Reply #378200 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, Petrie would've been a good fit. They need a SF/PF type.

Reply #378203 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

needs to go hang out with Jay in front a store. BEZERKER!

Reply #378218 | Report this post

Barry  
Years ago

What about brad williamson? Legit baller, can play 2-4 and would come cheap.

Best 3pt shooter out there with size!

Reply #378226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smith was Heals first mistake. Lucky it's pre season.
Pre season, the Kings are way under done. Unfit, under done and at this stage of the pre season the players should have done their own pre season already.
Smith won't be the last to go from the Kings either.

Reply #378294 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

#378294: Unfit? You're joking, right? Heal is on the record as saying that he wants this team to be the fittest team in the league and other than the players coming back from injury, most of the team have been training since very early July, doing a wide range of things for at least two months.

I agree that Smith was a risk and probably should have had a better look at him before signing him... I think a few decisions have been made too early, especially with players that wouldn't have been in high demand, but in theory, for 7pts, it was an interesting approach if Smith was even half decent... Obviously that didn't work out, but like you said, it's pre-season, so hopefully they've got someone decent in mind... There's been discussion elsewhere of Opacic, ex-Sydney local big, currently playing in SEABL, even Gynes being better options than the much smaller White or Gleeson...

Reply #378298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I only saw a small amount of gynes last year but he looked pretty decent. How big is he?

Reply #378302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Based on someone who was at training last week, their observations were unfit. You think Heal's hype is the truth? Opacic would be another foolish mistake. Mntumba and Ferguson in a champion winning Bandits SEABL side made Opacic look far better than he really is.

Reply #378313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, but I think two months of training already suggests they arent unfit.

Reply #378317 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I only saw a small amount of gynes last year but he looked pretty decent. How big is he?

Consensus is about 6'5? That sounds about right... pretty solid, so capable of switching onto bigger guys and not getting shoved around too much though.

He's not going to be required to be a star player, so if we can use him in a minor role, all I'm saying is that he's a better choice than the much smaller Gleeson and White...

Based on someone who was at training last week, their observations were unfit. You think Heal's hype is the truth? Opacic would be another foolish mistake. Mntumba and Ferguson in a champion winning Bandits SEABL side made Opacic look far better than he really is.

I'm not calling anyone a liar, just that it's their goal to be super fit and that most of the team has been working towards that goal over the last couple of months... interesting that this observation is out there though... Maybe it was a second session of the day, or maybe they were all hungover or something :)

If that's true about Opacic (I'm no expert by any means, just saw him a few times in Waratah League previous season), what other options are there? Especially locally?

Reply #378346 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I'm a big fan of Gynes! I was hoping seeing as though he's from the South Coast that the Hawks would pick him up, but they wanted height.

I think under Heal Gynes flourished! Great junk yard dog, like Wookie said, he's only around 6-5 maybe even 6-4 but his motor is on all the time. I'd sign him as a back up 4/3 any day. Does all the small things on the court.

Reply #378361 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Always assumed he was a lot taller. That's SG height!

Has there been an official announcement from the Kings? Seems that Smith's name has quietly gone from the roster list on the Kings site, or was it never put up?

Reply #378376 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

It WAS up.. It's also gone from Wikipedia (Not that that's anything to go by)

Reply #378386 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Gynes' hustle based game along with his size and build is quite similar to what Troy Pilon brought to the NBL. What he lacks in height and skill he makes up for with effort. No star but a handy asset none the less. Far better fit for the Kings than yet another guard.

BUT we are talking Heal think here and we know from previous experience that there is not a loofog logic involved.

Reply #378388 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

"loofog"? WTF

Reply #378389 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

lol... that's not just a typo, that's like finger tourettes!

yeah, Gynes always played bigger than he was... The amount of charges he took at the tail end of the season was impressive, so he's not afraid to put himself on the line...

He didn't have a good SEABL season for the Gunners by any stretch of the imagination though, so maybe completely off the radar now?

Considering how long it took for the Kings to put up any announcement, I doubt that we will hear anything anytime soon... Someone should tweet the Hammer and see what he says...

Reply #378397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tweeting Hammer is a better idea then tweeting Moose.

Reply #378402 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:41 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754