Isaac
Years ago

Kobe Bryant vs Michael Jordan - Identical Plays

Someone wanted me to post this for them to see what the forum thinks:

Is it inevitable that two shooting guards after decades of play will have this many very similar moves?

Topic #29270 | Report this topic

Quagmire  
Years ago

You could find the same plays by vince carter or maybe 50 other guards.

Friend of mine played guitar and claimed to be as good as sash because he could play all of sash's stuff.

I said "invent that shit. then talk."

Thats the diff.

Jordan did it first. Inspired the others.

Jordan the best all time.

Reply #378659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is awesome to watch.. They move the same. That is something u cannot replicate as a human when it comes to sporting moves. being no matter how hard you try

Similar yes. But that is very very good viewing

Reply #378662 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Jordan didn't do it all first. He would developed a lot of his moves from scratch, but he would have stolen many more moves from different players and not all of them guards either. Kobe has also taken or adapted moves from Hakeem Olajuwon and Karl Malone. I remember him saying once he developed a move after watching old tapes of Elgin Baylor. And Kobe has no doubt inspired and will continue to inspire the next generation of players .

That’s what players do. It’s what writers, musicians, singers, film makers, academics and everyone else does. Take what’s been done before and adapt or add to it. In the end how much of a back catalogue of any musician or film maker is truly their own, is totally original and came from nowhere but their own genius? Or how much of it is a reflection of their influences and the variety of sources they take from?

There is no doubt Kobe took a lot from Jordan’s game. But you can’t just say 'Jordan did it first’ and ignore the no doubt large number of players Jordan watched and admired before it was his time to do it on the floor.

Reply #378680 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Sash?

Everyone knows Kobe wants to be MJ so it isn't surprising he has based alot of his moves on him.

Reply #378684 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Jesus wept.

Sash is a guitarist. Big black hat. Guns 'n Roses.
Might of heard of em?

Reply #378686 | Report this post

Pete Smith  
Years ago

That'd be Slash actually, sweet child o' mine.

Reply #378690 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Cool to watch thats for sure....how much game tape would you watch to come up with that??

Reply #378700 | Report this post

Robert Pack  
Years ago

ha ha ha ha ha Quagmire your a loser.. SASH
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reply #378706 | Report this post

Robert Pack  
Years ago

Kobe is the GOAT

Reply #378708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now go watch marshon brooks and kobe, he has ripped a lot of his style as well, not the same level of course.

Reply #378716 | Report this post

WestCoastWildcat  
Years ago

Sash! Lol

Reply #378771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sash lol...

And Kobe is a rapist...right?

He will never be remember like MJ, not by the bball community and never like the non bball community. MJ was around during the hieght of bball internationally. Everyone had an nba singlet and baggy jeans and was trading nba cards (upper deck man here) and most were rockin a starter caps too. MJ was iconic, he saved nike from bankrupcy. He starred in a movie with bugs bunny. Everyone knew who he was, no matter if you were into bball or not. Every kid wanted to be him (i wanna be, I wanna be like mike). I've never seen a Kobe Bryant slam dunk ring, but i had an MJ one back in the day.
Kobe may match the plays, the stats, the rings and the highlights, but he will never affect the game in the way that MJ did, he will never be remember in the way that MJ is.

Reply #378821 | Report this post

JRich  
Years ago

Sash LOL... We know who he meant.

Reply #378834 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:56 pm, Sun 5 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754