Benno
Years ago

Nathan Jawai drops 21 for barcelona

Joe Ingles only had 4 points.. however Nath coming off the bench killed it. stats here http://bgbasket.com/en/stats.php?id=153881

Topic #29341 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow

Reply #379662 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Those Bulgarians wouldnt have known what hit them!

It wasnt class opposition but what impresses me is only one foul and no turnovers in 23mins. Those are the two areas he desperately needs to improve on to get consistent minutes. Nice start.

Reply #379664 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

hopefuly he can get into boomers form by the next worlds

Reply #379671 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Great Job Nate Jawai!!! It would've been great to have jawai at this years olympics. Hopefully he keeps up the great work and gets descent minutes at Barcelona and keeps improving his game, come the worlds in 2 years he will def. be a sure bet for inclusion.

Reply #379675 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Great start for the big fella. The issue with Jawai has not really been at the offensive end, rather he needs to improve defensively to get a crack at making the Boomers.

Reply #379676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Id have rather him on the Bopomers team than a few of the guys we had. Bad decision not to take him I thought at the time and still do now.

Reply #379677 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Brown doesn't rate him & he needs to improve his attitude about Brown & what he says to other people.

Reply #379680 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Exactly. Not about form but about commitment to the program. All rests with him.

Reply #379682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would have been handy in a few games though where he needed some size. Made for frustrating by the fact Gibson and PC barely got minutes.

Reply #379684 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Didn't Jawai recently get a workout in San Antonio?I'm surprised that he would've been invited for a workout with San Antonio if Brown didn't rate him. Unless he disappointed Brown at that stage.

Reply #379686 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe Brown at laest wanted to give him the chance to show his stuff? Not like he'd deny him permanently.

Reply #379696 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Don't understand all this Brown and Nate banter... From what i've heard they never were in disagreement with each other nor hated each other these are just rumours.

Reply #379698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nathan is the man,always knew he had it in him!

Reply #379720 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

well the Boomers should always have Nate in the team.... why did they even bring PC when they didnt use him at all? nate wouldve been FAR more effective then MARIC....

Reply #379721 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I disagree. If he is fit and committed to the Boomers program then he should be in the team. If he isnt then he doesnt deserve to play at the highest level.

Reply #379725 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

he always should've been in the boomers team. you dont play school teacher to teach someone a lesson about their attitude or whatever it was when the player is clearly in the 12 best available. Maybe for certain games but not the olympics. there must be more to the story.

Reply #379755 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If someone isnt fit and committed to learning the systems they arent in the best 12. Those who saw him at the Melbourne camp this year know how far off the mark he was defensively.

Reply #379759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the game Barca just played against Panathinaikos, Jawai got completely dominated by Schortsanitis.

I mean it was embarrassing. He simply can't play a lick of defense against top level Euroleague centers. I don't think he is going to last very long on Barca.

Reply #379766 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

Jawai plays above the rim. For a team like ours (Aus), this is important.

Reply #379782 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti Nagy recently about Jawai:

For those bemoaning Nate's omission from the London Olympic team, trust me, the ball is completely in his court. No-one has shut any doors on him.

Reply #379998 | Report this post

Woody Venkat  
Years ago

Don't understand all this Brown and Nate banter... From what i've heard they never were in disagreement with each other nor hated each other these are just rumours.

Thats actually Damian Martin and Brett who don't see eye to eye. Brown likes Jawai.

Reply #380001 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:29 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754