Adelaide 1.50 (1.60 on Sportsbet)
Wollongong 2.60
Line -4 Adelaide

Cairns 1.22
Sydney 4.30
line -8.5 Cairns

Last week I was 5 out of 5.

My tips this week would be NZ, Townsville, Adelaide, Cairns

Sportsbet have a top 4 bet (Teams that will make the playoffs).

Perth 1.04 - Not much value but do you get 4% return from your bank for only a few months? Surely there is no chance they will miss the playoffs

NZ 1.40 - Not much chance of missing the playoffs
Wollongong 1.44
Taipans 1.67
Adelaide 1.67
Townsville 2.37
Kings 5.50
Tigers 7

Topic #29702 | Report this topic

Opt  
Years ago

thought adl and the gong would be closer odds. That will be game of the week.

Reply #384539 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Quick NZ-Wollongong multi would be paying well and good chance of happening IMO

Reply #384540 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

The TAB are offering $3 for NZ by 11+

Personally I have multied that with the Adelaide v Wollongong game to be less than 5.5pts margin either way. That gives combined odds of $8.25

Reply #384552 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Surprised that Townsville are so short. Guess they showed some potential in NZ and will be at home.

36ers-Hawks is tough to pick. Hawks have been starting strong and are very well organised. Their ball movement is impressive. Plus they now have a Deleon to step in if things stagnate as they did at times last year. Meanwhile, the 36ers have started at least two games like they're new to each other (or, in the case of Schenscher, like they're new to the game!) but have some strong pieces and shown ability in 2.5 games to endure, fightback, etc. Too hard to know if the Hawks will just be too competent at finding opportunities or if they'll struggle to stop Schenscher and Johnson, bigs will get in foul trouble, Gibson will limit Martin, etc.

Reply #384553 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

I expected longer odds for Townsville to be in the four, but that's still good value.

Reply #384554 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I think the Townsville odds are short because of the following:

* They haven't won a game
* They were embarrassed last week and at home against Perth
* If they can't beat a depleted Sydney at home then who could they beat
* Sydney don't have anyone that can contain Ervin.
* They need to win for Mick

The Sixers Hawks game is very hard to pick. Hawks are just so organised and their chemistry is great. Hawks play Perth the following week so they will really want to get this win against Adelaide. Hopefully the Sixers have ironed out a few more of their issues and play 4 good quarters and really aim to use their advantage in side.

There is a chance NZ will win by over 11+ but I think a desperate Melbourne at home will be competitive. Also with Ballinger coming in and being more settled will help a lot. NZ at the moment doesn't seem to have that killer instinct. They lost to Perth, then were down at 3 quarter time against Adelaide, were down to Townsville but then came back and were up big before just winning. I think they can turn up the level at any time but they don't seem to have that Perth Killer instinct at the moment.

Cairns should win against a tired Sydney however I don't think it will be a huge victory. Sydney will be playing with nothing to lose and Cairns might be a bit complacent from the recent Sydney thrashing.

Reply #384579 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The only thing Townsville have going for them right is that they couldn't possibly get any worse.

Reply #384583 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:28 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754