NBL All-Star Game thread

Lewis wins dunk contest
Weigh wins 3pt contest
Goulding wins All Star MVP
South win game

Topic #30299 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weigh will always be a winner... in 'coach' Clarke's eyes. Lookout he will be jacking them up left right and centre now!

Reply #393699 | Report this post

Whitey  
Years ago

Hurdle was robbed

Reply #393709 | Report this post

Hawkeye  
Years ago

Hurdle definitely robbed, lewis won the i'm dh hanging on the ring

Reply #393712 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

This is about the ASG, anon. Try and show some restraint before derailing a thread.

Hurdle robbed.

The Bad:
- camera boom gets in the way of Steindl's shooting on the first rack; isn't given a restart or extra shot (that I saw)
- three point shooters probably averaged about the same as they would in game
- watching dunk comps live is tough; missed dunks are cringeworthy. Lazare probably shouldn't have been there. For a ring-in, Lewis was good though I thought Hurdle was best.
- bring out the tug-of-war rope untangled next time...
- legends game FG%
- very disorganised start by the North team

The Good:
- enjoyed the game overall
- I don't care for the artist hired to perform, but liked the stage at the end of the court
- intros were better than expected, though the highlight videos were pointless
- Jackson, Flynn and Abercrombie were great, Scott too, plus Hurdle and Deleon
- Goulding was an easy MVP; threw down some quality dunks
- players on court at the end signing for fans
- crowd wasn't as bad as I thought it might've been and made noise; atmosphere was decent
- worth going

Funny that the dunk comp ring-in won, and a guy many didn't rate as ASG choice won MVP. Oh, and the whipping boy of so many Adelaide fans won the three-point comp.

Reply #393714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game was a lot better than I expected. Johnny Flynn is a superstar. Goulding had a nice reverse dunk. Abercrombie was flying all over the place for alley oops in the 1st half. Seth Scott had some great rejections. It was just real good to see heaps of dunks and transition play. There were heaps of 3s as well. Wish i went to the game!

Reply #393719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah what I saw of it I thought the game was better than expected too.

Wait until camel finds out Weigh won the shootout!

Reply #393721 | Report this post

Cedric had a couple nice jams as well...also did anyone expect Goulding to win MVP?

Reply #393722 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Wish i could see how good/bad the other dunkers were... Or even any footage of the 3pt shootout!

Reply #393723 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

I thought it was a great, fun, entertaining day. Well done to the players for putting on a good show - with Jonny Flynn at the centre of it. His enthusiasm and sheer talent really set the standard. Cedric Jackson not too bad in this respect either.

A couple of dunks where big guys needed to get the eff out of the way and let the highlight happen but for the most part the balance between showcase/highlight reel was good.

I'd go again.

Reply #393734 | Report this post

NBLkings  
Years ago

the game was so fun to watch, the dunks were crazy
really shows how good nbl player accually are
wish i could watch the whole dunk contest

Reply #393736 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

"Funny that the dunk comp ring-in won, and a guy many didn't rate as ASG choice won MVP. Oh, and the whipping boy of so many Adelaide fans won the three-point comp."

Lol. This.

3pt shootout: Underwhelming. Good to see Weigh win but there is no way Crawford only got 13 in the final, surely. I counted 10-11 on the last two racks alone!

Dunk Comp: Hurdle robbed.

I actually thought the judges were extremely generous giving Hurdle's first dunk of the final 26, since it was basically a miss/layup that rattled around the ring. However, his final dunk was clearly the best of the comp and there's no way Lewis' final one deserved full marks.

Lazare was spudly. Looked like he put no thought into it at all and his athleticism isn't great. Should've been Goulding or Cedric.

Reece Mastin: Get off the stage! The little prick just kept coming back over and over again! Cringeworthy.

ASG: Good to see them step up the D a little bit in the 2nd half. The first half antics got a little bit out of hand.

Steindl and Cadee being on the court did cheapen it a bit.

Seth Scott was the most influential player on the court, but Goulding was certainly most entertaining. A worthy MVP.

Reply #393737 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

I thought Crawford had 16 in the final (to Weigh's 17?)

Also thought they should have turned the music off during the intros. Couldn't hear the announcer at all.

Reply #393738 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

"I thought Crawford had 16 in the final (to Weigh's 17?)"

16 sounds about right. I thought the announcer was saying 13?

Reply #393739 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

ASG was much better than I expected. Take away the structure and Australian defensive intensity and even with questionable additions (e.g. Cadee, Steindl, Crawford) the NBL showcased it's elite talent pool: going into the game, who expected Goulding to dominate the way he did?!?

Hopefully future All-Star events are better organized, as I'll concede my previous prejudice and admit that the ASG events probably do have a place in the NBL as basketball in Australia continues to grow.

PS Hurdle was robbed.

Reply #393740 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

21 for DJ and no one even mentions him :P

Reply #393741 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Good stuff from Stephen Weigh to win the three point shootout.

Reply #393743 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Well done all. We had a great days entertainment. It was lots of fun.

Reply #393746 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Have been watching the highlights over and over on NBL TV, just amazed at how good the game was, I didnt expect that at all but WOW!

Well done to the NBL for having the balls to put it on and the players for putting on such a show. Im glad I was wrong.

Reply #393749 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

what's the next topic to complain about now?

Reply #393750 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I agree Paul, was a good game to watch and better than I expected with all the replacement players although I hope next year we don't have so many withdrawals.

Took a game with pretty much no D played for Goulding to shine lol, props for the reverse 2handed dunk tho, that was cool.
Flynn & Jackson looked like they were enjoying themselves and I liked PC's cheeky foul on Abercrombie.

Reply #393751 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Well , that's the way it goes .
Sure looked like you were having a great time out there . Me , I didn't go , with the whipping boy out there . Channel Ten was pretty good .
Joni Flynn was my MVP .
Not much D is the first half , 2fouls called.
Gordie went to zone D in the third , good idea.
A bit of everything , pretty to watch 2-4 on ten.

Reply #393753 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Since Goulding copped all the crap about not deserving to be in the ASG he has scored 76 points in three games!

Reply #393755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Replay on One HD same time tomorrow too, 2pm.

Reply #393756 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Have to echo what everyone else has said. Wasn't sure what I was going to get, but really enjoyed it.

Don't really know how to structure this post, so I'll just throw down some thoughts as they come.

Didn't start off well to be honest. Looked very backyard. Lights weren't on, had to introduce everything 2-3 times before anything happened. Dancers dancing in the dark. Definitely picked up as the day wore on.
Hilarious when Steindl hit the boom mic. Hahaha. Give the man a re-run. Thought it was funny that some of the ball racks only fit 4 balls, some racks didn't even have 5 balls available and they had to scramble to get the extra ball while they were shooting.
If there's one thing Weigh can do well this season, it's shooting open 3s. He's got the best percentage in the league and deserved to win.
Thought the dancers were a bit under-utilised at times. Get them to dance around when Reece Mastin is singing. At least would have given us a reason to not just go off to the canteen or ignore what was going on. Maree was looking fine today :)
Personally don't think Hurdle was robbed at all. His first final dunk wasn't anything special anyway, then he missed it and still got 26. Bennie's 2 dunks deserved to beat Hurdle's 2. Amazing pass by Deleon though, he deserved the 10s more than Hurdle's part in the dunk which was a regulation reverse dunk.
Probably the most annoying thing of the whole night was when the players came out to be introduced and you had music blaring hard in the background so you couldn't hear the introductions at all.
Looked like a division 1 vs division 2 game early, South were playing quite good defense and passing was extremely good.
Flynn and Jackson know where to put the ball to get a highlight ally oop. Abercrombie was everywhere early.
I'd say our 4 players were close to the least entertaining players in the game. Johnson lit it up from 3 and almost top scored like he does. Gibson hit some shots and threw some passes. Weigh made a few shots. Cadee looked a bit out of place I thought. Game wasn't nearly as entertaining when he was running the show instead of Jackson or Flynn.
Seth Scott is a beast. Couple of huge blocks and pretty much did whatever he wanted. Be nice if we could grab him next season.
Deleon and Hurdle seem to have a good pairing between them. Had quite a few great passes between them.
3 of the best players in the whole game came from the bottom team. The Melbourne players were probably the best group of players I thought.
Lazare looked out of place in the Dunk Comp, but definitely not in the game. He was easily the least flashy of the imports, but was played good fundamental basketball.
Was fun watching Jackson, Flynn, Deleon, Ervin, Wilson etc. going 1 on 1 against each other.
Goulding probably was a deserved MVP, but he top scored largely because he put up much more shots than anyone else. Just kept throwing it up there every time he got it.
There were times when we had all 4 Sixers on the court. No coincidence that North seemed to go on a run during these times...
D-Mac can still get up there!
Cal Bruton is tiny! Didn't know he was that short.

There's my thoughts.

Reply #393759 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Here's the highlights.. Trying to get the 3pt shootout and the (full) dunk comp at the moment.

Reply #393761 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Didn't realize Goulding was so athletic.

Would love to see that type of athleticism in regular season games.

Abercrombie gets so damn high on his dunks. Doesn't have the ability to move his body and do some of the dunks that NBA-type athletes can do. But in terms of just getting up there, he can get up.

I actually really enjoyed it.

Some of the players are great All-Star game entertainment material..
Deleon, Jackson, Flynn and Wilson all used their nice handles, athleticism and that 'swagger' to make it a really cool show IMO.

Reply #393762 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Very entertaining event and great to read such positive reviews (especially given the less than encouraging comments being posted prior to the event). Good to see some less supportive forum users come out and and say they were wrong, gotta respect that.

The afternoon highlighted to me how the Sixers could do a few little things to improve the game day/night experience as well as an occasional something extra in terms of live music, mid game activities and crowd engagement.

Jonny Flynn looks like he's loving the game again, loved being part of the show and great to see the guy smiling on the court again. Would be great if he became one of our own, likewise with CJ and Adris. It's not always necessarily about the money, although its hard to knock back isn't it.

Finally kudos to all the crew from Port Pirie who came down (some 40+ I believe) Didn't get to catch you all, some I didn't even realise where at the event. Catch you next time I'm visiting Donaldson stadium.

Reply #393763 | Report this post

Whitey  
Years ago

I thought the ASG was a great success. What are people's thoughts on the top 2 state u/18 teams playing as apart of the day?

I would love to see some tv exposure for our up and coming talent.

Reply #393765 | Report this post

Hound  
Years ago

Goulding has a British passport, any chance of him using it in Europe next year?

Reply #393766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KingJames - I'll mention DJ then.

This was the perfect game for DJ - all about stats and no one plays any D.

I was a sceptic going in, but was really surprised. Great game, well organized. My only complaint was the music during the game, sounded like a classic 80s cd. Other than that great game. Definitely show some skills I didn't know guys in the league had. Would be great if coaches let some of our players off the shackles offensively during the season.

I'll admit I was wrong, this was a great day out.

Reply #393767 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

My biggest disappointment of the night is not getting to see Creek. The way Flynn and Jackson were passing to be able to have both Abercrombie and Creek would have really been something to watch.

Weigh...not really the player for the game, technically he is good but I swear he didn't crack a smile on the court!

DJ some of the best D I have seen him play!!! Lamanis stepped his game up in 1 week lol. Also saw him smile for the first time playing a game...

Big Ads your right, Jackson and Flynn were great to watch not just their skills but the attitudes and fun they brought to the game.

Hendo lights not being on often adds to a games introductions. If they had used spot lights for the players running out it would have worked.

Goulding was a star that dunk in the last quarter was insane and great to watch.

Overall the game was a lot of fun..We really could sharpen up on our ability to put together a production but otherwise well done by the club and organisers.

Reply #393769 | Report this post

Chewy316  
Years ago

Dunk comp was pretty weak imo. You could've pulled nearly any player out from the entire NBL and you would've seen similar results. I mean, apart from a few "monster" slams and hanging onto the rim, I didn't see much.

In terms of the spectacle, it was an alright game. Would've liked to see some more creativeness in terms of the alley oop especially early on. Yes, you can pull it off but it kinda gets repetitive when the guy on the receiving end does the same two hand no grab on the rim put down. Would've loved to see some more high flying especially by some of the imports down the lane.

Very disappointed that the North team were asleep the first one and a bit quarters. Took away from the spectacle in that the South team started taking more 3 pointers to get the North team back in the game.

Was bored by about 3/4 time.

The stage where Reece performed I thought was good, well set up. Things appeared to run smoothly in terms of event management.

Poor crowd. This is due to multiple reasons. For starters, the Saturday arvo before xmas is one of the busiest retail times of the year. Combine that with the heat and the very poor marketing of the game, and you're left with a crowd that is pretty much strictly people who would go to the 36ers games as opposed to potentially attracting more people who previously weren't fans.

All in all, a par effort given the talent of the league. Plenty of improvement required but lots can be achieved by using some simple common sense and having a much better marketing campaign.

Reply #393775 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

I loved. The game, got Flynn's autograph after the game and he seemed like a top bloke, extremely friendly. I didnt realize some of the players were athletic as they were, Flynn, Ervin and Deleon had amazing handles.

Overall great day, thought that Reece Mastin dude could have been nicer to the teenyboppers who came to see him, he seemed so full of himself for a dude who looks like a butch lesbien.

Well done NBL, had a great day and will definately go again.

Reply #393777 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Where do people think they went wrong in terms of publicity?

Not suggesting it was outstanding but I did noticed adverts in print media, television, radio, social media, and at the games. Curious to hear from others what could have been improved in terms of the publicity strategy.

Reply #393780 | Report this post

Chewy316  
Years ago

Big Ads, for starters I wouldn't have played the game on a Saturday arvo before Xmas! Why Adelaide? Why not Perth who have been packing out their arena all year.

No where near enough advertising. I have plenty of friends who I've spoken to who had barely any idea that the game was on to begin with.

I think it stems more from the popularity of basketball in today's sporting hierarchy in Adelaide. You barely hear about basketball in Adelaide these days. Hardly mentioned in the paper, barely mentioned on the radio or in tv news reports etc. I think that when you look at the crowd number, it is reflective of 36ers crowds this year. This suggests imo that the game was directed at attracting pure basketball fans. I would've aimed the game (marketing wise) at sporting fans who have a minor interest in basketball. Use the all-star game as a way of attracting new fans to become regular fans, instead of catering only for the people who are there week in week out. Drawing new fans imo is key when you have a league such as the NBL who has limited economic resources and a limited fan base, and the all-star game would've been a perfect time to get a packed house and really showcase the league. Instead, it turned into something that leaves lots to be desired.

Reply #393789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually regretting my decision of not going to the game. I honestly thought it would've been a waste of time, but the game looked good and the post game meet n greets, a mate of mine got pics with half the players, was awesome!!

Reply #393793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Had a great time at the game, enjoyed watching the 3pt shoot out and dunk comp, sure it wasnt Ray Allen shooting 3s in his prime or Jordan dunking, but it was entertaining and fun to watch, Lewis was quite a good showman which is what probably put him over the line over Hurdle who was also excellent.

Loved the game, really enjoyed Flynn and Jackson running the show for the south, seemed to have alot of fun out there and showing there tremendous talent, they showed they are a level up on everyone else imo, imagine that back court in a real game! Hopefully both can stick around the NBL for along time. Goulding and guys like Deleon, Hurdle, Abercrombie, etc were also fun to watch, Goulding definatly exceeded my expectations.

Some people hate All star games or whinge about who did or didnt get selected, format, singers etc but regardless of all that it was a fun and entertaining game to watch, and all the players especially Flynn and Jackson played with great spirits, so well done to the NBL and all involved, really enjoyed it and hope it continues next year! Ill be watching it and if in Adelaide will buy a ticket for sure!

Reply #393794 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Chewy, do your friends ever visit the NBL site, sign up to a newsletter, Facebook, Twitter? Ever read Boti's columns? Ever check any AU basketball sites? The ASG was mentioned pretty prominently on all of these. If they're fans of basketball in Australia, they'd surely be checking these things.

Showcase games are for fans, generally not for randoms. Not really economical for a league this size/budget to try to attract just anyone.

Most recent cricket test match got to its third day before I even noticed it was on. A-League season got a number of games in before I realised that'd started. Not all news hits everyone who isn't a direct fan.

Reply #393795 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

If it was that good with that many late withdrawals, imagine how good the next one could be in a packed arena with all the chosen players there fit and ready to go and better television coverage (wonder how it rated?). The consensus seems to be by large that it was successful event that could improve.

Reply #393798 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Contrary to the views of many the ASG showed that the league is of a decent standard. Best guards ever?
many very good athletes and lots of talent. People caught up in numbers, coaches playing 10 guys really effects the perception of our game. 10 players 40 minutes many very good players putting up what on the surface look like average numbers.Play your studs and performance overall will improve. See Madgen and Goulding. Not to mention the marketability. Can't develop stars if they are expected to be role players.Interesting that two former stars are the coaches giving their players the most freedom, look for the results to follow.

Reply #393800 | Report this post

NBLkings  
Years ago

@Chewy316
yoyu were bored 3/4 of the time? how it was mad fun to watch just on tv, i would have loved to go

Reply #393804 | Report this post

Chewy316  
Years ago

Isaac, you've pretty much illustrated my point. How many newspaper ads, radio ads etc were placed for it? The was hardly any coverage on it either on tv in terms of lead up news reports, not to mention that the only major newspaper article on it was of the day of the event itself, too late to attract more fans. The marketing was all in house, catering strictly to the pure basketball fans. And that is reflected in the size of the crowd. It shouldn't have been hard to pack the stadium out had they tried to draw in an additional fan crowd. Who knows, had they done that they may have been able to get more fans to the next 6ers game leading them to become that main basketball purist type of fan which = more $$$ to the league in the long run.

NBLKings, I was bored by 3/4 time, not 3/4 of the time as you mention.

Reply #393807 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Interesting that two former stars are the coaches giving their players the most freedom, look for the results to follow."

The two coaches giving their players the most freedom are Woolpert and Anstey. Not sure that is working all that well for them!

Reply #393810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti on the over-coaching endemic in the NBL:

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/masters-of-no-mentum/

Basketball has always been over-coached with coaches trying to prove their relevance, still not quite as bad as footy if there were ever a sport where coaches are almost totally irrelevant thats it.

Reply #393811 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I'll put in my thoughts on the ASG: initially I was very critical of the concept, particularly as an event like this needs a lot of marketing to make it worth the effort.

However, it was a very entertaining game, which highlighted the athleticism and flair that some of the players have, which we would not normally see from them in a normal game.

I found it far more enjoyable than first thought, it wasn't boring and showed a more fun side to the NBL. I loved how Adelaide arena court was revamped with Allstar livery, and it looked like a tremendous amount of effort was put into the event.

The most impressive aspect was to get the game on channel 10 nationally at 2pm. That was the key of course!

Downside: needed to be played at night (the nbl need to realize that games are better suited at night time!! - yes I know it's for TV reasons). Way more marketing is required if the league want to say 4500 is a small crowd, opposed to 4500 being a good crowd!

Build on this momentum, bring the game back next year if the league continues to grow, and take it to Sydney or Melbourne. Adelaide was fine, but I think it needs to be played in a bigger market city in all honesty.

Reply #393812 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

I think Perth would be ideal, that new stadium i'm sure they could pack it out.

Reply #393814 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

I think Adelaide was a good venue for this. We have long had the best crowds in the NBL. This event wasn't planned 2 months ago when the new Perth stadium opened, it would have been organised early in the year or last year. That and 10,000 seat stadiums with 2500 people look a lot worse on TV than a smaller stadium with the same crowd.

The NBL could have spent more money on advertising but the reality is its is a struggling league and spending $50,000 on Adverts to get an extra 500 people through the door is just not common sense or practical.
The timing wasn't the best, but it is also the only time in the season a natural break in games occurs. This was the first one since 2007 so would have been a trial to see how worth while it is to bring it back.

To those bagging the Dunk competition..please feel free to put a video of your own dunks up for us, I want to see you show us how a dunk "should" be done..and please don't use trampolines like you probably do to reach the ring.
Its easy to sit at ring height and not realise just how high those guys were jumping, stand next to them and do the same thing or shutup ;)

Reply #393815 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Skud...I will make a note of your post.

I shall expect that you will never say anything negative about the coach, because you could do a better job right? Or draw up better plays?

I shall expect you will never criticise a turnover, because you would have made 'that pass' right? Or criticise a missed layup in traffic because you would have got the 'and 1' right?

Whilst I would not support bagging out the Dunk contest just because I didn't like it, the counter that 'you can't say sh!t because you can't dunk' is fundamentally flawed.

The points still stand that it was far from inspiring / original.

Benny's 'dance' after his dunks are cringeworthy where he is celebrating something rather hum drum.

Brett Rainbow is far worse a player than Benny yet he had the good sense to not go 'Wigger' after a completed dunk.

Reply #393820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the NBL allstar game has been played?

didn't even know when it was on!!

awesome advertising NBL. no wonder you're in the position your are

Reply #393822 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

^do you live under a rock? it was all over the nbl website, facebook page etc

Reply #393825 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Marcus Camby I could do better than Marty Clarke...I believe my dog could do better than him. One yap and the players would respond better to her than they ever have to him.

Unlike the coaching, which you decided to include in a thread that's completely irrelevant to this, the Dunking was actually of a high standard, there would be few if any players in the NBL who could do better. So yes I will gladly defend the players who participated in it after I pointed out why it can often look less than it actually is.
Marty Clarks coaching how ever is of a horribly low standard so bad that he actually makes players worse rather than better. He should be ashamed of his efforts with the team, fans and club. Sometimes criticism is deserved, other times it is not.

Reply #393826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm with Skud. If you have ever dunked, you really appreciate what those guys can do. And I'm sure those that haven't dunked could still marvel at the athleticism. We have some sensational talent in this league, appreciate it or go watch something else.

Reply #393828 | Report this post

Tickle  
Years ago

I don't the standard of the dunk contest is a life or death situation. The NBA contest isn't so hot these days. They should keep running because every now and then I'm sure someone will pop up with a monster dunk.

Reply #393832 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Skud I respectfully disagree about Clarke Vs Dog.

Reply #393835 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Its a smart dog that has a lot of intuition, I reckon she'd do a lot better..I'd give her a go.

Reply #393839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The dog would be more likeable.

Reply #393861 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Chewy, there were multiple articles in multiple papers. You don't just choose for your stories to make broadcast - the media picks and they rarely rate basketball. That's how it is.

Little point pushing shotgun advertising for little return.

Reply #393869 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

So , a lotta main stream media about the game on sat nite and sunday , they didn't know who 'north and south' were , or crows coach was playing and cornesy on leave from no1 rating sports show , otherwise he'd give it a plug to general sports fans , crows etc
to get out there.

Reply #393891 | Report this post

Hawkeye  
Years ago

Game must of been better live than on TV, based on the comments above.
Thought it was pretty bad all round.

Reply #393922 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

I enjoyed the ASG a lot more thn I thought I would.
The dunk contest was what I expected, and good to see Bennie win. (I said a few weeks ago that he should have been in it from the start.)

Shame that some aspects of he organisation or the coverage were average; hopefully they'll get it right next time.

Reply #394154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can they not play a Nbl all star game again, like ever! That was horrible! I watched 3mins and decided that the kids channel was more entertaining. Who chose those teams??? Jason Cade is not an all star! I'm surprised he's even in the Nbl. Anyway! Please don't do it again

Reply #394162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought it was great on TV. Theyll have to do it again, it was a great spectacle.

Reply #394174 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:32 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754