Anonymous
Years ago

Has anyone recieved renewal offers?

Hey has anyone recieved there season membership renewal stuff yet?

Topic #31255 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

nope

Reply #410948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh

Reply #410949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Croc nation has a goal to get to 5k members

Reply #410950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#inbredlife are up to 17 members and counting bitches! (They are all from the same council flat in eynesbury though)

Reply #410955 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

No, not in the mood to think about renewal right now. The club should give everyone the chance to heal from the trauma of this completed season for the 36ers before hitting them with renewal forms.

Reply #410961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not yet for the Cats.

Reply #410966 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

No renewal.

Still awaiting refund too.

Reply #411009 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Kings have their early bird membership renewal packages out already... Saving around $25-30 I think on most adult tickets?

I wouldn't mind a bit extra tiem to get things sorted, but they're on the right track to make the most of getting into the playoffs and having a slightly higher profile to sell a few more tickets, perhaps...

Reply #411012 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Loco,

The Sixer's have a scheme in which you get a free membership for next season if you purchase a ticket for an Adelaide home final for season 2012-2013.

No takers yet.

Reply #411013 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Would love to see the 6ers do something similar to the clippers a few years back, where they made a deal if you got season tickets before a certain date you got a full refund if they didn't make playoffs. With a solid team this could work well in getting season tickets trough the roof, and creating a bigger atmosphere

Reply #411079 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Would love to see the 6ers do something similar to the clippers a few years back, where they signed Blake Griffin

Reply #411081 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Ricey, you are on fire tonight!

It's a pretty good bet actually. You'll probably get say 10% sign up (say 300 people) and then the probability of failure should be 50% if half get through to finals.

in the meantime, the money comes in a couple of months early and with smart investment, could sneak an extra bit in interest.

Reply #411087 | Report this post

36reasons.net  
Years ago

Nice one Dunkin' Dan!

Sixers need to snag a big coach and player or two. Right or wrong, it seems quite a few people won't renew if the club doesn't make some big changes.

Not totally sure of numbers but i don't think there was a substantial rise in memberships this season, despite us signing Gibson, Cadee and Schenscher.

I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, we need an import who's a winner and engages the fans.

Reply #411120 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Sixers need to snag a big coach and player or two.

Dude, you had the best Australian team on paper this season, yet you still want MORE quality players? lol...

Reply #411159 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Lose Schenscher, add Dunigan.

Bam!

Reply #411164 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dan, very funny Clippers post.

Ricey, would be a bold move, but interesting idea.

Reply #411165 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Bit of a difference between whoever owns the Sixers (does anyone?) and Donald Sterling, worth an estimated $1.9 billion.

Reply #411170 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

If Dunigan is signed, I'm not buying a membership again...

The 6ers need to do something like this purely for the media if anything. Imagine the response on the news, they would finally get more than a small fluff piece, and maybe be able to draw it out to a big newspaper feature and more. If 4000 got memberships, imagine how much more money they could put towards marketing/advertising, and potentially have sellout games. Shit, Darrell sign me up to do the job, seem to be coming up with better ideas in past month than the office has in 3 years lol

Reply #411205 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

And what if it backfires?

Reply #411209 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

It would be kinda insane for a club that finished as wooden spooners for 3 of the last 4 years to take a gamble like that. Too much about finishing in the top 4 is completely out of management's control.

If it comes off then they get an article in the paper and nice a membership increase. If it doesn't come off then it's probably goodbye Adelaide 36ers. Sounds like a ridiculous gamble to me.

Reply #411218 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

If 300 people take up the offer(they'd have to cap it, surely), and they spend around $400 on tickets, then it's a $120,000 gamble. The probability of failure is more than 50%, considering that you could make a case that two clubs should have a finals spot sewn up for next season too.

As I said, it's great if your owner is worth a billion dollars. For this current Sixers club, it's a terrible idea.

Reply #411223 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Clippers took the gamble, and they may not have made playoffs, but finished out of the playoffs by a game, which they hadn't been that close in years. It's a big gamble, but the upside is great, obviously team doesn't make the finals it's going to hurt. So maybe make it first 2000 memberships to get those first couple thousand sales sorted faster, you'll have an influx still in sales spilling over and create a huge media buzz. If we don't make playoffs the club is screwed regardless, as there would be less numbers going to games and willing to follow through on the following season. Regardless this season is make or break, and it's time to take some gambles, because the same old shit has yielded the same pile of rubbish for years now.

Reply #411238 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:36 am, Sun 5 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754