fellas for me
Years ago

Nunawading update

Junior Tournament Update

Well the dust has settled and at the close of business Wednesday and on clearing the mail box Thu Morn we had a total entry count, paid up as well, of 325 teams...holy s!@#....

Considering last year at 240+ was the best yet we have been overwhelmed with the level of interest this year..our 250 limit went west very early...

Due to limited numbers, the U20s have been removed, and we are left with 321 teams...As all entries were in on time AND with entry fee we have decided to accept all entries received by the cutoff...however there will be no entries accepted after the cutoff date...even if we have withdrawls...thank the good man that we have Oakleigh this year....!!

There will be a number of sections in many age groups that will require crossover games to get the Grand Finalists....everyone will have to bring thier best game as it is going to be a tough weekend..

One good thing is all Grand Finals will be finished by 3:35pm Monday, Interstate visitors will be able to be away at the latest by this time, so no grand final changes will be made from the programed ones.....we are using two venues this year, Nunawading and Forest Hills

Of course you should also pop in to Dandenong and Frankston and try and catch some of the best Junior ballers in Oz at the National Classics...

See you all next weekend, bring your game and get set for a hard but hopefully enjoyable weekend

Program will be up in DRAFT Sunday Night (late) and the final print copy Monday afternoon... look here

Topic #3179 | Report this topic

fellas for me  
Years ago

http://www.nunawading.basketball.net.au/fs_newsitem.asp?id=10901&orgID=337&Oname=Nunawading&O1c=12&O10c=1

Reply #36764 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

interesting to read the rules -

if all teams are equal on points

for and against %, the first defining factor

winner between the two or more teams, the second defining factor

that is opposite what we have all been working to the last few years
i will be seeking clarification on that for sure

it usually is the split first then %

Reply #36767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm glad that BASA isn't doing the programming for this

Reply #36850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the draw is out

Reply #36939 | Report this post

the mexican  
Years ago

Yes the draw is out and finalised a full 5 days prior to the first game...outstanding effort !!

BASA take notice....thats how to organise a tournament.

Reply #36989 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:03 am, Sat 4 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754