Orlando Woolridge
Years ago

LeBron should lose the headband

petty i know but did anyone notice how LeBrons game elevated after he lost his headband??
he went into beast mode to get Miami over the line.

This could be the turning point of the series just like 91, the Bulls lost game 1 to LA. Horace Grant wore no glasses ever until game 2 of that series and the Bulls won 4 straight!

Horace went on to claim 3 titles with the Bulls (because of his glasses :)) before moving to Orlando in 94.

Notes from this series:
Kawhi Leonard is a future star/allstar/olympian
Wades body is finished
LeBron still cant shoot jumpers (should study Kobes shooting style)
Ray Ray is clutch and saved the Heats season
the Heats offence is terrible (poorly coached)
the Spurs offence is clockwork (great coach)
Heat will still get the win in game 7

Topic #31956 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

#1: You believe that something like a headband made hindered Lebron's play?

#2: Fun Fact: The only time in that entire series Grant topped his team in rebounds was game 1.

#3: That paragraph about Horace Grant better be a joke because I because I can bring up so many more stats disproving that his change of apparel affected the series in a major way.

#4: Anyone who before this series claimed that Popovich was a bad coach is an idiot. He didn't need this series to prove he was quality.

#5: Game 7 hasn't even been played. Don't jump to conclusions.

Reply #424004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Orlando woolridge is a troll do NOT take him seriously

Reply #424010 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Sport is crazy. Basketball is crazy.

Imagine Ray Allen missed that 3 though.

Ray misses = people remember the last 2 minutes of regulation. Lebron would have been labelled a choke.

Ray makes = Lebron 'led' his team. People remember his 18 4th quarter points. Triple-double.

It is the sad nature of sports.
If the Spurs lose tomorrow, no one will give a toss about them.
But, I for one, along with many other 'pure basketball fans' can appreciate that this is a Spurs team that not many writers thought would even make the Western Conference finals. Much respect for the Spurs.

That's not to say I am writing them off for tomorrow.

The key to victory for the Spurs is basic. Protect the basketball and don't turn it over (especially live ball turnovers).

Reply #424012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Macdub, i don't think that's the 'sad' nature of sports. That's why we love it. It's emotional. When your team gets a bad call you jump off the couch - when the other team gets a bad call you tell them to stop whinging. When your team wins it's because they are awesome and when they lose it's the refs. It's emotional, not logical. Miami wins LeBron is a hero - they lose he's a bum.

Agree with you though I'm a HUGE Spurs fan. I always thought anybody who called them boring doesn't know anything about basketball.

Reply #424017 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

ESPN PROOF:

http://i.imgur.com/VuqetSi.jpg?1

Reply #424023 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Obviously, the head band is what it is all about!

Josh Kennedy would never have been able to score that header the other night and put Australia into the World Cup if he didn't cut his hair...

Seriously...?

:]

Reply #424026 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Horace had no depth perception, that is why he wore goggles.

Lebron has a receding hairline, that is why he wears the headband.
Big difference.

Reply #424032 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

@alexkrad, all that proves is that when Lebron gets more court time he is more effective, der...

Damn lies and statistics mate!

Reply #424038 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Anon Reply #424017
re: LeBron should lose the headband

"Macdub, i don't think that's the 'sad' nature of sports. That's why we love it. It's emotional. When your team gets a bad call you jump off the couch - when the other team gets a bad call you tell them to stop whinging. When your team wins it's because they are awesome and when they lose it's the refs. It's emotional, not logical. Miami wins LeBron is a hero - they lose he's a bum."

This right here.... Is as close to perfection ad you can get.

Reply #424063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gotta hide that hairline

Reply #424083 | Report this post

Orlando Woolridge  
Years ago

Gee you guys are sensitive. No Horace Grants eyes had nothing to do with 91. Of course it was a joke. I'm not trolling just having a laugh.
Relax anon lebrons headband had nothing to do with his play. Once again it was a joke. You guys need to relax and stop jumping down crews throats.

Reply #424100 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Freddy and anon,

I agree, however it is the 'sad nature of sports' when the ridicule from millions of fans and 'experts' is spread across so many mediums that you literally can't escape it in day-to-day life. Then there's a problem. All is fine until it turns into mass media scrutiny and ridicule. Then it is simply unfair for an athlete. Yeah, you can say that media pressure is in the job description for such high profile athletes, but it can go over the too. They're still human beings.

Reply #424108 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

The hype around him wearing no headband for the last part of the game has gone too damn far! I have friends that don't even follow basketball thinking that the no headband gave him some sort of big advantage and that he should continue with that tradition....

Reply #424110 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

All I got out of that is that Ingles thinks he has friends...

Reply #424112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys need to get a room...

Reply #424170 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:16 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754