CT
Years ago

Matt Knight OK?

Great to see the Taipans win but sure hope that Matt Knight's okay. Didn't see the knock but he was laid out unconscious on court and stretchered off on oxygen by the ambos...

Topic #33424 | Report this topic

Northern Brew  
Years ago

I just watched the replay on nbl.tv and it looks like Mccamey's elbow came into contact with his jaw? Mccamey had his elbow strapped after the incident so I don't think it was a temple hit or anything. When I saw it live I had real concerns thinking maybe it was his neck or something, but the replay didn't look as bad as first thought. Concussion most likely, broken jaw at worst?

Reply #451093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knight great player. Perpetually injured

Reply #451094 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"Perpetually injured" is right, but this was clearly circumstantial, which is something else altogether.

Best of luck to Matty in his recovery.

Reply #451097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matty's a great guy and whilst I don't know him well, I have watched his career going back to the AIS days. I saw him even then unfortunately roll his ankle through no fault of his own stretchered off to a waiting ambulance even back then.
Circumstantial for sure. Problematic player yes.

Reply #451098 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Perth Wildcats ‏@PerthWildcats 3h
Matt Knight is out of hospital and will join his teammates on the trip to Wollongong. #RedArmy

Reply #451120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope he wont be playing. Dave will surely rule him out.

Reply #451126 | Report this post

Jackie  
Years ago

You'd think there would be concussion concerns that will keep him out of Hawks game.
Poor bugger.

Reply #451168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's nice to read people actually supporting Matty and realising that he is probably hurting as much by possibly missing another game. Rather than the usual bagging him out for being injured.

Reply #451169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stuff does indeed happen and a full loss of consciousness might be more that 1 week. Pottsie should sort it out.

Reply #451182 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I'm sure they will act with extreme caution on this one given this is effectively a brain injury. Especially since he had a concussion a couple of years ago (hitting his head hard on the court) that resulted in him missing a week.

Hope to see Matty back to 100% ASAP, but also hope to see him watching the Hawks game from the sidelines.

Reply #451188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would say he would almost 100% miss the game. Cats are still a few wins clear on the top of the ladder, no need to risk him for a match that doesn't really matter.

Reply #451193 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He shouldnt play, even if just as a precaution. In terms of it not mattering the Wildcats are only two games clear of Adelaide with two games left in their season series, so top spot is definitely still up for grabs.

Reply #451197 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Yeah Perth is at risk of being caught by Adelaide but surely a players health would be more important. No disrespect to the hawks but Perth would still be favourites for this game imo

Reply #451199 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

No question.

Reply #451203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would even go so far to say he shouldn't even fly.

Reply #451205 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I tend to agree. There are worse places to have to rest and recover than in Cairns :)

Reply #451209 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:46 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754