catsfan
Years ago

Predicted Finals Dates

When do you think the NBL finals will be held? I'm assuming it will start on the 28th of March (the Friday after the commencement of round 23) but when do you think the grand final will be held?

Topic #33898 | Report this topic

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I really hope the fixtures are done while keeping in mind a potential clash with the AFL or NRL. As its likely to be Perth and Adelaide in the GF, I would hope that the Crows/Power and Freo/WC dont have a Friday night match at home or a Sunday arfternoon blockbuster potentially clashing with the Wildcats or Sixers. This happened last year when G2 went directly against a Freo home game and was a f**kn disaster!

As long as theres no clashes then ill be happy.

Reply #461334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In what way was it a disaster?

Reply #461337 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Well, in my opinion it was a disaster for the NBL because I felt that there was unprecedented media coverage heavily towards the AFL match between Freo and Essendon. I know the AFL will always get priority attention in any case, but this one was extreme because it was right when the Essendon drug saga first came to light.

Plus, with a rare friday night fixture featuring Fremantle at home, there was way more coverage for this match than any other regular season game. This extra attention completely overshadowed the NBL grand final and even though 13,500 packed Perth Arena (against 40,000 at the footy) it got hit hard with the lead up and the TV ratings (only 22K watched the game) was a disaster.

Reply #461342 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Hopefully all done before the easter weekend?

Reply #461348 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Perth have to make the Grand Final first. I reckon they would be hoping the 'gong dont sneak into 4th place.

Reply #461356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why hopefully before Easter. That would be the best time.

Reply #461465 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:29 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754