StrayaCarnt
Years ago

Boomers V France

Anyone knows where can you watch Boomers playing France?

Topic #35157 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Foxtel ESPN

Reply #488629 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Except apparently the Little League World Series, which isn't even supposed to be on before the Boomers game, is more important.

Reply #488631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

couple of nice shots by goulding, AUS back into it

Reply #488632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any free streams of this?

Reply #488633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

try here, no sound & a bit patchy at times

http://www.drakulastream.eu/basketball-live-streaming-video.html

Reply #488634 | Report this post

DC  
Years ago

Australia played a lot better today after a terrible start.
The people who said Anderson shouldn't be in the squad are wrong, he has a beautiful fadeaway that is reliable when needed.
Exum has so much potential and looks down on confidence, 1 game it wil all click for him and that will be his turning point. He looked quite good in the 2nd running the point but got hit a few times when he drived and then started to wait for the contact instead of elevating and scoring.
Delly and Baynes took over the game in the 4th and delly had some huge plays.
Overall I think we are looking a lot better than we did in Lithuania

Reply #488635 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Boomers with a great win over France in France!

Game recap now up on PnR thanks to Craig Rayner who got up early to catch all the action:

Boomers edge past France to go 3-0 in Nice

The Boomers have enjoyed their most impressive victory so far as they prepare for the 2014 FIBA World Cup, overcoming France 76-74 to sweep their 3-match tournament in Nice. The Boomers were once again led by Aron Baynes on both ends of the court, falling just short of his third double-double in a row by compiling 21 points and 9 rebounds.

Reply #488637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great win against a good squad.

Reply #488644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After witnessing the mental unravellings on this site after we had a couple of losses, one can only imagine what's being said on the French hoops forum after losses to Ukraine and now Australia.

Reply #488657 | Report this post

Pete Mac  
Years ago

After witnessing the mental unravellings on this site after we had a couple of losses, one can only imagine what's being said on the French hoops forum after losses to Ukraine and now Australia.

well said anonymous! mass postings wanting to sack & send home almost everyone on the team. Now after a few good wins against (in the case of France) good opposition ...... almost nothing. Fair weather fans dominate this forum.

Reply #488660 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Indeed! There is progress heading towards the first game of the WC and that's all that matters.

Nice to see Baynes and Delly finding form, very good of the French to chase over the top of the on-ball to run those guys into form!

Not a fan of Exum at back-up PG, the team suffers and so does he. At SG I think he can be a burst contributor with his speed and instinctive passing.

Reply #488663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any more info on the laser-pointer incident?

Reply #488665 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Yeah I agree Paul re Exum, I think it's great for him to be tested in these pre-tournament games but at the WC's his role will need to change. Good to see the Boomers get a good win without Jingles having to shoulder the scoring load. He plays that Manu role well as a distributor with 7 assists.

Jawai looks better than he did this time last week but still a fair way from his form at Galatasaray or Barcelona and Bairstow didn't have a great game.

Reply #488667 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Baynes, Ingles, Delly, Newley, Motum, Goulding, Broekhoff played well but Bairstow, and particulary Exum struggled, going for 1/8. Andersen still doesn't like to play defence and Jawai looked better but Baynes is still going to play a lot of minutes.

Still need to work on defending shooting bigs as Batum had his way from 3 shooting 5/8. There are plenty of euro teams with bigs who can shoot at a efficient clip so that will need to be addressed over the week.

Reply #488669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anywhere we can get a replay for this game?

Reply #488674 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

no one on this team really knows what their role is so performances are going to be inconsistent until the rotations and amount of possessions a guy can expect are consistent.

Reply #488696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any highlights?

Reply #488698 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

France aren't much chop. Hate to say it.

They were losing to Phillipines at HT the other day.

Their team has always underperformed (even at U19 levels) yet they have so many good players coming through. Its strange.

They won Eurobasket a few years ago I think? But other than that, they haven't done much. Lost to NZ at last world champs, when in reality our juniors would never have a hope in hell of beating them.

Australia are getting there.

I think the hardest thing is, as mentioned previously, there are a number of different types of players on the team and trying to play their style within Lemanis' style within the style that suits their teammates can be tricky.

A team like NZ don't have any bigs, so they can automatically play fast.

But Australia have a few different players - some who play fast and others who play slow.

NZ..we are just slow in general. I mean our PF and C (Loe and Vukona) are probably faster than our PG

Reply #488703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't watch the game due to it being on a bit too late but i recorded it and plan on watching it tonight.

Beating France is a pretty big accomplishment even though this is a friendly and they are without Parker. Hopefully this gives all the guys a shot in the arm before the actual tournament starts.

If i remember correctly though, we beat France in a warmup game before the Olympics aswell.

Reply #488704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"They won Eurobasket a few years ago I think?"

They won Eurobasket last year.

Reply #488706 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

France are missing Parker, but also Noah from their best possible 12.

We are missing Mills ands Bogut.

Reply #488709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"France are missing Parker, but salsa Noah from their best possible 12.

We are missing Mills ands Bogut."

It's pretty much a trade off.

I really hope Bogut eventually plays for Aus again. Maybe just one more Olympics even.

Reply #488711 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

France don't have a great team compared to last year's Eurobasket, missing Parker, Ajinca and De Colo as well as Noah who didn't play last year - but they will still be solid at the WCs.

More important for me was just the fact the Boomers looked more in sync. The fact France play slow suited us, as we could take a few risks and not get burned, but we also looked more organised.

Reply #488725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would love to see the Boomers/france game, I did say the Boomers/Gilas game and we looked a lot better. Gilas arent a bad team at all_ I was expecting less from them, but they aren't a bad team to tune up against. I saw that we looked more organmised and some weaknesses had been addressed.

Something I really like seeing is Broekhoff step up as 3 point marksman.. that kind of thing will help exponentially.

Reply #488743 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If Broekhoff and Goulding are firing we can spread the floor so much more effectively.

After Goulding hit those three straight triples against France he had a guy pinned to him the rest of the way, that makes things a lot easier for everyone else.

Reply #488747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would like to hear the coaching panels though process on this pre-cup games.

Reply #488748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A very good win today

Reply #488753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MACDUB,

France did win the silver medal in Sydney too.

Reply #488754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So i watched the game tonight and, like last game, our defense and offense are a hell of a lot better. The chemistry must be growing. If we consistently play like we did the past two games then we can go pretty far into this tournament. If everything goes right then we could even medal. But everything would really have to go very right.

Goulding and Broekhoff will be great assets to the team with their shooting. They should play a big part. Delly and Baynes both played really well and should be the main go to guys offensively. Ingles also plays that point forward role very well. Exum had some very nice drives but just couldn't finish. He should stay aggressive. The points will come.

Reply #488791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who are we likely to play in the second round of the comp? Finland/Ukraine/New Zealand most likely? Gotta like our chances of going forward then.

I read somewhere that it's better to finish 3rd than second as the 2nd placed team will likely face the top team in group c (usa) after the second round. Don't know if that's true though.

Reply #488924 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That is true. I believe 1st and 3rd will meet the USA in the SFs if they progress that far, whereas 2nd would get them in the QFs.

Reply #488927 | Report this post

GWb  
Years ago

2nd and 4th is quarter/semis.. and 1st/3rd actually miss USA completely til medal games as I understand it. We are in the battle for 1st and 2nd I believe. I really hope we get first, then knock off Ukraine/New Zealand.. head to a medal game

Reply #488940 | Report this post

Some_Fulla  
Years ago

"I really hope we get first, then knock off Ukraine/New Zealand.. head to a medal game"

NZ would knock you off.. Patty Mills was the difference in the Oceania series

Reply #488945 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:01 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754