LV
Years ago

Jordan McRae 360 dunk

For those with NBL TV, scroll fwd to 5:05, 3rd quarter of United vs Wollongong to see one of the best highlight sequences you'll ever see in the NBL.

Wortho with the massive block, followed by MCrae throwing down a 360 jam on the fast break.

Topic #35814 | Report this topic

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

This video has just the dunks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sThrxA-HPos&feature=youtu.be

Reply #501164 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

Pretty awesome, and he made it look so easy

Reply #501188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This guy is definitely a player @ this level, however I don't think his personality and trash talk is what the United are after.

Reports are he has struggled to fit in with the group and wants it to be a one man show.

If he fits in and passes they can win it all.

Reply #501191 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Yeah it was interesting that D-Mac was having stern words to him late in yesterday's game. Bizarre given how well he was going. He's definitely got a bit of attitude about him. This United team just seems a step away from an implosion, even when they're winning!

Reply #501209 | Report this post

Wonders  
Years ago

Way better than Ennis' last season

Reply #501218 | Report this post

Vodka 63  
Years ago

In what way Wonders? Please educate the rest of us and share your deep insights.

Reply #501221 | Report this post

Fan-ciful  
Years ago

Pretty damn good play.
Big big block from Wortho and then a nice showie 360 to get the crowd going and promote the United product.

Hopefully they can gain momentum.

Reply #501226 | Report this post

Wonders  
Years ago

Well for starters, Ennis was a Wildcat.

- McRae took off from a bit further out which made the dunk look more fluent. Ennis seemed a bit cramped for room on his attempt

- Two-handed finish looks better than one with 360 dunks, made it look like McRae rotated more in the air than Ennis as well. McRae was also squarer to the hoop than Ennis which made it look a bit tidier. It's kinda like in diving where the diver hasn't completely come out of the pike position in time and his/her body isn't totally straight at entry to the water.

- Net splash was better than Ennis'

Reply #501230 | Report this post

Wonders  
Years ago

Being an overweight guy of 5'9", I know my dunks!

Reply #501232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't mean to detract from a great highlight but would he have had the open floor for the 360 dunk if he had boxed out/stayed with the play on defence to prevent an offensive rebound by the Hawks?

Also on the attitude thing, I don't know what he's like behind closed doors but in the interviews I've seen with him he at least comes across as more articulate and respectful than Ennis.

Reply #501233 | Report this post

Fan-ciful  
Years ago

"he at least comes across as more articulate and respectful than Ennis."

+1

Loved having Ennis in the league for his hops but that dummy spit surrounding the MVP left a bad taste.

Hopefully they can keep his calibre of player coming out here.

I also think D-mac has his hands full with McRae. Should be an interesting season.

Reply #501239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lucas Walker doesn't look too happy/pumped after Wortho and McRae do their chest bump...

Reply #501272 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

"Well for starters, Ennis was a Wildcat."

Stopped reading after that.

Reply #501274 | Report this post

Wonders  
Years ago

Haha well you missed on some cold hard fact, Nathan. Was just a joke though, don't get all Perthy on me!

Reply #501277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perthies put the sensit in sensitive

Reply #501285 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I just hope Melbourne United promote the hell out that dunk and that its seen by everyone in Melbourne, and that this is the start of something special (for their sake)

Maybe they can call the Wildcats to show them how to effectively market this footage?

Not that it matters, but I reckon 1/2 of Ennis' dunks were better to watch than what McRae did on sheer entertainment value alone :)

Reply #501288 | Report this post

Fan-ciful  
Years ago

+1 Wildcat fan.

They should be promoting the hell out of this dunk.

Reply #501292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was an epic dunk... for the NBL that is.

Reply #501649 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yep, no one who played in the NBL would be able to do an NBA-level highlight reel dunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtF6bqW5uT8

Reply #501657 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Thanks for the link Paul. And if number two's name was Kobe it would have been at number one.

Reply #501662 | Report this post

Dr6  
Years ago

Coverage of it in Philly...

http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/141104-transatlantic-tracker

Reply #501698 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:03 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754