Dunkin' Dan
Years ago

Hawks @ Cavs - Game 4

Irving gets the start.
Delly gets a massive cheer from the home crowd upon entering the game mid way through the 1st.
And then an even bigger cheer when he promptly nails his first 3 point attempt.
:D

Topic #37154 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

24 more minutes till the sweep of the 60 win hawks is complete

Reply #530063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is Irving going? I dont think hes going to fully recover this series/season and I read somewhere that the injury may be part of his for the rest of his career.

Reply #530065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hard to say. he is not pushing himself which is understandable but he looks ok to me.

Reply #530068 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

LeBron will be fine, Irving looks like he needed a run and will also be fine and Delly, well what can we say other than he is almost pushing into the Big3 category with the other two the way he is going.

;)

Reply #530079 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

The Delly chant is a beautiful thing

Reply #530080 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

I thought it was nice.

I was just noticing the Crowd Number at the Arena: 20.5 thousand.

I assumed the Crowd was bigger because of the noise!

Reply #530083 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

And, who do they interview post game, Delly!!

First thing he says, hey mom and dad and the folks at home... Ya gotta love the kid, truly!

Reply #530086 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Apprently Delly playing clothing has been really taking off in the Cleveland store since this controversy and it barely used to move at all.

Atlanta were never in that game today. Probably one of the most one sided Playoffs for a long time.

Reply #530093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, at least since Game 3 of the WCF haha

Reply #530094 | Report this post

BG34  
Years ago

Irving on a 25 minutes restriction but apparently is fine. No point risking him when you've got Delly backing him up and it's 3-0

Reply #530096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly is achieving cult stats with Cavs fans - Love it!

Reply #530099 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Yeah there have been Delly chants and he scored.. 11 points? Thats pretty awesome.

Reply #530105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know Matthew.
It must piss you off that your name was never chanted when you scored 11 points in the NBA Conference Finals.

Is it just possible that the crowd recognise his value over and above points scored and want to show their appreciation and support for him?

Reply #530112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly is a crowd favourite. The kid is a beast. Hustle like Delly

Reply #530116 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Lol...this same Cleveland crowd were bagging Delly earlier in the year, now they love him!

Let's go Warriors!

Reply #530121 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Warriors very likely could sweep the NBA finals, but from a Delly point of view, with his body type skill set defintitely is over achieving and at the right time. Good on him, and Mills to that extent, lets not forget some of the huge shots he hit in LA during that series. Damn Even Bogut is staying healthy and being utilised superbly by Kerr.

Reply #530156 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I really scratch my head when I see Delly haters on Aussie Hoops pages.

I cannot understand the hate. No one says he is as good as Lebron. No one thinks he is at starting PG level in the NBA. We are celebrating his successes - which come at the surprise of most of the world, and due to his hard work and dedication - what the hell is wrong with these people?

The difference between Delly, and an NBL guard is WORK ETHIC. If Dellavedova were to never play another minute in the NBA, he is already a success story.

When people hate on guys like Delly, Mills, Bogut, it just makes me realise how little they know about the game of Basketball.

As the US olympic teams have proven, even the highest calibre teams need good role players. Not everybody can be a star. When international basketball became more sophisticated, they couldn't throw out 12 stars of any particular skill set and walk to a gold medal. They had to fill different niches in their team with different skill sets and abilities.

Same holds true for the NBA. You cannot have a team of 12 stars yet only one basketball. You need a guy who "Hustles like Delly" - and Australia should be glad we produced that. A guard heavy team needs a rim protector, rebounder and shot blocker - we produced that in Bogut. An aging team needs a spark off the bench, with speed and scoring ability - Mills. Hating on any of these guys - who are VERY GOOD ROLE PLAYERS simply belies a lack of knowledge of the game.

Reply #530193 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Yeah Delly is a perfect fit for the Cavs, plays his role and hustles like crazy. Doesn't care about stats, just getting players involved and winning games.
Needs to improve his FG % though :)
36% 3pt is fine but 36% over all is not good enough.
Hope he can work on that during the offseason.

If the Hawks had concentrated on using mismatches and not on Delly they would have put up a decent fight. I think they would have at least won game 3 with Horford playing the full game. Instead they rolled over and got demolished.
Getting distracted and having major brain-fades during a WCF is not a plan for success.

Reply #530222 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

Great post GWB.

Appreciate people for what they've done, with what they've got.

I love that Australians are known for being team-first players. The current generation of Aussie NBA players are doing a great job of personifying that quality as well.

Reply #530240 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:04 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754