Red74
Years ago

Kevin Lisch returning to the NBL?

He is looking at coming back to the NBL. Wildcats say they don't have space for him cow they looking for a 3 outa US. I say get Lisch!!!! Him and Beal would be awesome scoring punch. Start Martin beal lisch wagstaff and knight. Please don't go to the violet crumbles Kev

Topic #37263 | Report this topic

dman  
Years ago

he'll go to the crocs.

Reply #533000 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Hope so dman, great replacement for blanchfields scoring at sg and can spend time at point if needed. Norton, lisch, markovic and djeric is a solid guard rotation if they can make it happen

Reply #533019 | Report this post

dman  
Years ago

whishfull thinking for the crocs, hope so. Would be surprised if Markovic returns, from what ive heard around the traps is that he was looking at hanging up his singlet at the end of last season?

Reply #533028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't be surprised if Beal activates his buy out and the 'Cats sign Lisch.

This comment from Beal didn't really fill me with confidence in Beal's commitment

"I'm still under contract with the Wildcats, so the only way I don’t come back is if somebody buys me out," Beal said.

“As far as I know, I’m a Wildcat. Right now I just want to work on my game. I’m not really worried about where I end up.”

Reply #533050 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

^Where's that quote from?

Reply #533052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/basketball/earnest-ross-cut-from-perth-wildcats-roster-after-one-season-with-nbl-club/story-fnhq5y0s-1227354958468

Reply #533053 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

If Cairns can't get Wilbekin back then Lisch would be great.

Reply #533056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lisch isn't a PG though. He can handle the ball but he can't push it up the court like you want from a proper PG.

Reply #533058 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

I'm sure damp would start on the bench for his mate. Beal Lisch hire wagstaff knight starting.........greenwood damo redhage jervis ......looks good to me

Reply #533096 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

So you want the Cats to start with two shooting guards and a wing player that cannot create or shoot.

I guess if one hated the Cats one would seek such a starting 5.

Reply #533108 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

No mate. Beal at point Lisch at the two. Hire brings the hussle on d.

Reply #533122 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Beal is a combo guard that leans more towards a SG. Why would you bring Martin off the bench - seems like a waste to me?! Better off using your 2nd import spot on a SF.

Reply #533162 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Wouldn't Lisch be a perfect guard for the 36'ers?
If they keep Gibson, he and Lisch would be a great combo.

Also did he end up getting naturalised?
I think he was going to marry an Aussie so going to Europe would not be an issue.

If so he would be an even better signing for the 36'ers, as the won't find out if Motum is returning until August probably.
So having a spare import slot available would be a huge asset.

Reply #533413 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Wouldn't take Lisch unless he naturalised. There is surely better guards who will be getting around the NBA summer league very soon. I would like to think/hope we keep improving on our calibre of imports to the point where we no longer revere someone as basic as Lisch.

Reply #533415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From memory, Kevin has an Italian passport so travelling to Europe would not be an issue for him anyway.

Reply #533424 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Lisch's mother is Italian, hence he has Italian CItizenship and can play in Europe as a local.

I'd love to see him back at the Cats, especially if he can work on getting Naturalised. (His wife and kids are Australia.)
But as mentioned, it would be hard to find room for another starting guard at the Cats.

JB could easily start at Point, no problem there at all. But that would give us a logjam coming off the bench with Damo and Greenwood fighting for minutes,
PLUS still leave us with a massive hole in the starting 3-spot.
Personally, I hope we go for another PF rather than SF, but either way that import Forward spot is a make or break priority for the Cats.
Knight is getting older and is injury prone, whilst Redhage is getting older and slower. With Tommy, Jesse, and Greg, we've got depth and flexibility, PROVIDED we fill that starting sport with another scoring machine.

It would be interesting to know what his naturalisation prospects are?
At 10 points, and as an import, he's not hugely attractive. But if naturalisation was on the horizon that would change.

Keep in mind that when & if Damo and Redhage sign new contracts their points will drop, there might be room to squeeze Lisch back in somewhere...

Reply #533503 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

If bevo takes the Hawks jobs, then I expect to see Lisch there too

Reply #533504 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I think people aren't giving Lisch the respect that he has earned, when he last played here there was more tackling than a completed set in rugby league and he was belted from pilar to post.
If rules are still as they have been since Hollywood has been in charge then I'd give Beal the arse and get Lisch!

As for having two of the best Australian point guards (and players) coming off the bench is absolutely dillusional and counter-productive.

Funny how United and Breakers are the only teams that haven't been mentioned about how well he could fit into the side

Reply #533523 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Wouldn't take Lisch unless he naturalised. There is surely better guards who will be getting around the NBA summer league very soon. I would like to think/hope we keep improving on our calibre of imports to the point where we no longer revere someone as basic as Lisch."

I assume that was tongue in cheek! Lisch beat out Cedric Jackson for league MVP!

Reply #533530 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Lisch is top shelf import who i'd take any day.

Reply #533534 | Report this post

Oberon 28  
Years ago

Last season Lisch would've been better than every import outside of Jackson, Childress, McRae & Wilbekin. Falls into the Ibekwe, Conklin category very good import. But buying out Beal is not worth getting Lisch

Reply #533538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Lisch beat out Cedric Jackson for league MVP!"

Oh I guess he must be better than him then just like Clarke is better than Ennis and Conklin is better than Childress.

Reply #533539 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Keep guessing.

Reply #533581 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I'm talking purely from a WILDCATS perspective!
Even, I'd take Lisch in a heartbeat, EXCEPT that we need to fill that starting Forward spot. Find me a local to fill that role, and find the points to squeeze Lisch under the cap, and I'm onboard.
Whilst the "Perth Wall" is part of our DNA, a 3-guard rotation can be useful at times.

As for other teams, if they're looking for an import (who could be naturalised soonish) and a starting SG, then Lisch would be a handy pickup.

Reply #533653 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Lisch played PG in France and Spain, so will be improved in that area, although it's a very different style of game.

Reply #533704 | Report this post

Todd  
Years ago

I would be dumping Beal for Lisch.

Wildcats can go with a three guard rotation - Greenwood, Lisch and Martin.

Then go after an import who can play 2/3 who got three point range and can create off the dribble.

Reply #534102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is a salary cap you know?

Reply #534103 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

"Wouldn't take Lisch unless he naturalised. There is surely better guards who will be getting around the NBA summer league very soon. I would like to think/hope we keep improving on our calibre of imports to the point where we no longer revere someone as basic as Lisch."

I assume that was tongue in cheek! Lisch beat out Cedric Jackson for league MVP!

Paul, I don't care how MVP voting went. By that reckoning,l Rotnei Clarke would be better than James Ennis. There is no way in hell that Lisch is better than Cedric Jackson. Lisch only has a left hand. Yes, he would be good in the league, but as a naturalised aussie.

Reply #534104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lisch and Jackson play a similar position; Ennis and Clarke do not.

The season that Lisch won MVP he and Jackson were on par as the best players in the competition.

Reply #534108 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Lisch was one of the best imports in the league when he played here previously. So why would he be suddenly not worthy of an import spot? There are plenty worse than him that are making valuable contributions to their teams around the NBL.
I'd be happy to have him back in Perth, except that him & Beal are basically the same player so it's got to be only one or the other.

Reply #534120 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Further, Paul's point wasn't that one was better than the other, but that you have to be a decent player (and import) if you win MVP over a top-shelf talent. e.g., Clarke and Lisch are decent imports.

Reply #534123 | Report this post

Bretts The Man  
Years ago

Personally would not get over excited to get Lisch as a import whilst understanding he is much better player than probably 80 % of imports had over last few years.

Reply #534171 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:11 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754